Cake y or n?

Options

Replies

• Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Nope. Absolutely out of the question. No cake for you!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Just asking should I go for it because I know a 4-ounce muffin and has about 32 grams of sugar I can eat it and still want more after that so the reason why I'm adding the bread is so the fiber from bread makes the cake more filling.

But you added an extra 200 or so calories to that cake......

Eat what you like within your calories. Simple. How are we supposed to know if something will make you sick? Protein fiber and fats are filling.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    The only reason why I even brought up sick is it because someone else out there may have had a bad experience with eating some cake or some other type of dessert and got sick from the amount of sugar or got sick after eating it whether it be a few minutes later or a few hours later.

I'm sure many people have, but context is important in any conversation. Do you have any allergies or intolerances? Many people get sick if they eat a cake with an ingredient they're allergic to. Will the cake be fresh? Some people get sick if the food they're eating has spoiled. Are you six-years-old and likely to hop yourself up on sugar and run until you puke? That's how my niece last got sick on cake.

Basically, we don't know why you're concerned about the cake. Some people might have a bad experience with cake but there are reasons for it. Are there any specific reasons you think the cake might make you sick?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Should I make it into a
    make it more fulfilling by making it a sandwich with whole wheat for more fufillness? besides the fact that I'm going to have a sugar crash later?

I always find protein and fats more filling than whole wheat bread. For me, a smaller piece of cake and some ice cream on the side would be better than a bread/cake sandwich. I think it would be more balanced too.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Will I get sick if I eat a big slice of cake, is a Harley-Davidson style designer cake and a slice of the serving of cake it's probably going to be a quarter 2 layer white cake with 1-inch thick about 1 inch thick layers 2 onlyonly,, 3 inches high and 2 inches wide from the back of the triangle apex of the cake slice

Sounds yummy! I think you should eat the Cake! But not just because it's sitting there but because you're in the mood for cake and it has to be fabulous delicious cake with to die for frosting. Otherwise if you're not into that cake, skip it and wait for better cake to come along.
    @Knightride48

If you're looking to add fiber you can toss a bunch of ground flaxseed or chia seeds on top of the cake. I've never had a cake sandwich, I can't wrap my head around that. But if we pretend the frosting is the bread and the cake is sandwich fixins then a cake sandwich works for me! :laugh:
  • kbmh611
    kbmh611 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm confused by this question. Have you never had cake before?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I have never met a cake I didn't enjoy (why I'm here). The only thing I can think of making you sick is if it is old and moldy, or if the volume is too big for your stomach. So if you know the volume of your stomach and calculate the volume of the cake using the dimensions you gave us, you could make a good guess of it. If you are worried about feeling sick after, I can't see how a cake sandwich could possibly make that any less likely.

Eat the cake if it fits your goals.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I had it before but no no nutritional info on it.

Can you search the company that makes it online? That usually works, but sometimes you just need to take a wild guess at it.
  • kbmh611
    Options
    Anyone else's brain hurt reading this? :confused:

Yeah. I don't get it either.
  • kbmh611
    Options
    I had it before but no no nutritional info on it.

So if you are concerned with the nutritional value of the cake why did you word your question like that? About it making you sick? Did you mean you wanted to know the calories etc to know how it might affect your diet, if you are on one?