Worst break ups

Angela937
Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
Tell me.......

Mine's gotta be finding out my husband plans to divorce me by inadvertently reading a facebook message between him and his next love interest.

Replies

• StephanieJane2
    StephanieJane2 Posts: 191 Member
    Mine went off to work (worked away) after i got back from taking him to airport i found he had taken everything with him and had changed jobs ! I got email after a year from another women saying sorry for stealing him ! He left me pennyless in a forign country
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Mine went off to work (worked away) after i got back from taking him to airport i found he had taken everything with him and had changed jobs ! I got email after a year from another women saying sorry for stealing him ! He left me pennyless in a forign country

I have never understood people that knowingly're with someone, that belongs to someone else; it's like they believe that they won a prize. That they were the most attractive because they were able to have someone, leave someone else; for them. It isn't until someone else comes along & convinces their "prize" to leave them, that they then realize that the prize; wasn't getting the "prize" but being replaced by it.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    My first serious boyfriend broke up with me after receiving a stern talk from my dad. He basically told him that if he stayed with me he would ruin my life. I was 16 and heartbroken. I didn't know about this talk until a few years ago but after seeing how his life turned out I realized my dad did me a huge favor.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Went to my boyfriends on xmas eve with presents for him, his dogs and family. We were suppose to be going to his aunts for the holiday. I brought all the gifts into the garage (flat screen tv, personalized collars and leashes for the dogs etc) and walked into the house for him to say "I can't do this anymore, you have to leave". We'd been together 10 months. No fights, few disagreements. I was in total shock. I left. My friends went and got the tv back.
    8 months later I contacted him to find out why and he said he got scared that we were too serious. D-bag.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Angela937 wrote: »
    Tell me.......

Mine's gotta be finding out my husband plans to divorce me by inadvertently reading a facebook message between him and his next love interest.

He's still your husband?
  • barsthelimit
    barsthelimit Posts: 16 Member
    My ex left me for my aunt's girlfreind. Fun times. Lost five years.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    On our 5 year anniversary (of dating, not marriage).
    She's still got my high school letterman jacket :/
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    My first "love", high school boyfriend. Definitely the worst break up. He was bi-polar and on and off meds through out the entire relationship. I broke up with him, tried to anyway, he started driving by my house at night to see if I was home or not. Fresh out of my first long term relationship, I was ready to get out there. I stayed the night at a "friend's" house and turned my phone off. When I woke up the next morning I had 8 messages, each one more woebegone than the last. I drove straight to his house then took him to the hospital for suicide watch and didn't see him again for 3 years (we lived in a tiny town so even that 3 years was impressive).
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    He wanted ...pee. In his mouth.
    After that, I just did whatever possible to avoid him, since when I tried to dump him prior to that incident, he'd threatened to take his life, so I wasn't sure what to do at that point. We'd have stupid arguments over family and how our families hated each other. I was fed up with it, since it wasn't something we could control and yet he still wanted to argue WITH ME over what HIS or MY family said. I simply chose to ignore families' comments, but he let everything get to him. He was a very weakened state of mind all the time. So.. Eventually, he finally cheated and that was a blessing, because now I had a reason to move on without thinking he'd off himself and a death on my conscience :3 ...took a year of avoidance.
  • MonkeyMel21
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    On our 5 year anniversary (of dating, not marriage).
    She's still got my high school letterman jacket :/

My brother gave his high school girlfriend his school ring to wear and then she lied to everyone at school about him hitting her, threw rocks at him and never gave him his ring back.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    edited July 2016
    Well not as bad as some of these, jeez. First boyfriend, he dumped me at a books-a-million, and then had to drive me back home since he had driven me there. Most awkward car ride ever. If you're gonna dump someone, maybe have them meet you there, yeah? Second boyfriend, it was long distance and after encouraging him while he went back to school, he said he met someone there. Nice! Third boyfriend, stopped talking to me for a week before, asked what was wrong, OVER TEXT he said I embarrassed him at a restaurant we went to earlier by adding an additional tip to the one he wrote. Like I thought he stiffed the waitress. TBF he totally did. Gave the poor lady less than 10% and she did a great job. Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • MonkeyMel21
    I broke up with a boy in middle school on April Fool's Day.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    I broke up with a boy in middle school on April Fool's Day.

& on my birthday!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member
    Tell me.......

That's harsh...but is part of you relieved? You've mentioned that you two have been having problems for some time.

Get a lawyer. I didn't, and it cost me big time.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Sugar_Pill wrote: »
    My ex wanted to move in with me in CT. I have no clue how I let myself wind up in a long distance relationship but whatever... I guess *kitten* happens.

We loaded the truck with her things and her pitbull and her two cats. After 9 hours we stayed in a hotel and the hotel didn't allow dogs or cats, so I had to smuggle three animals up to the room. That was my most effed up adventure ever and one cat escaped and I fetched that four-legged beyotch from out of the woods.

Then back in the room, the animals all got in bed and an aerial shot of the bed was like me on the far left, pit bull in the center, two cats by the feet and this dogmommy sweet-talking to her "kids". I love animals but these people were out of control.

I brought up the pitbull matter and told her how I offered to fly the dog to CT and she wouldn't have it as the dog would be scared to fly. That ended in a huge argument and she asked me if we are making a mistake. I gazed into space and after 30 seconds I said "yes".

We drove back to Austin in the morning. After four hours, I couldn't sit there anymore and I asked if she can drop me off and she dropped me off in a walmart in some four letter town in TX. It is a weird state, towns are named hope, fate, *kitten* etc... God I hate Texas. If they let me, I'd just cut Austin out and either give the rest to Mexico or throw it far into the Atlantic ;) Just kidding!

Cab arrived and I reached Dallas in an hour. Bought me an emergency flight ticket to NY and came home relieved. We tried to get back together for a couple months after that. All the "I miss you" sappy exchanges on phone and texts. But it never materialized.

She missed out. I proceeded to advance in my career and buy a gorgeous house and am happy. I am an aquarius, I get fickle and all I needed was some pep talk. If she sweet talked me and told me things will be okay, we would have made it. But she freaked out too. Though the thought of being married to her right now makes me feel like I ate raw chicken.

Every time there was a train accident or disaster like Sandy in NY, she would message me and try ti establish connection. But the cutaway collar train left long time ago o:)

Damn that was long.

I'd like to know the breed of cat y'all had with you- because you said pit bull over and over again...

WOAH calm down, crazy Pitt-vocate. I'm assuming he thought to mention the breed of the dog, because dogs come in a VAST array of sizes. Whereas most cats are pretty standard-sized, give or take 5lbs.
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Tell me.......

That's harsh...but is part of you relieved? You've mentioned that you two have been having problems for some time.

Get a lawyer. I didn't, and it cost me big time.

I guess I am glad to see a finality to it all. I left him 6 weeks ago, but told him I wanted to continue working to resolve our issues. He kept saying he didn't know what he wanted, but I guess he did all along.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    My 9 yr old had cancer and out of nowhere my ex would start calling her a freak. Finally his mental health took over and when I tried to leave he went to the basement and revved up his chainsaw to hold us captive. I was trying to keep my 9yr old and 4 month old calm. Swat team showed up with rifles and he was resisting arrest and shouting that me and the freak need to leave bit I want my baby. Eeeek happy to announce my now 14 yr old is 3 years remission and my 4 yr old is healthy and happy with mama bear

Chainsaws?

SWAT Teams?

.... errrr, you win.

m
  • sabrinasmith7
    sabrinasmith7 Posts: 583 Member
    Well my last "serious" boyfriend and i quote serious cause he was a joke. But i found out he broke up with me because he wouldnt answer any texts, i called around noon and he ignored me, so i went on Facebook to find he blocked me. How mature lol but it doesnt end there, he decided to start harassing me and also thought it was a great idea to share nudes with everyone that he took while i was asleep. That was great. Just what i wanted everyone to see lmao that was quite the story to share with an officer so they could charge him for soliciting photos of me without my knowledge. After that stopped i went on with my life and now im happily engaged to someone thats NOT a scumbag :sweat_smile: