What is going on with all the cops being shot

Options

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    Turb2o wrote: »
    dougozz wrote: »
    I am in awe that society is shooting those that protect. What will happen when the cops say no more and we have no protection
    Is it because the cops are shooting black people for silly little reasons like a tail light so because its Americans and your all seem to carry guns crazy nut jobs want revenge it does not happen in the UK the US needs to take a look at its self rip to all the victims

Someone clearly doesn't know the whole story, but feels the need to comment what they think may or may not be true just to add to the hype of everything awful that is already going on in the world. Good Grief.

There are bad cops, there are good cops, there are bad black, white, yellow, orange, brown etc. people as there are good all different colored people. The world is so full of hate it is horrifying. How's about you stop adding to that hate and if you are not 110% certain of ALL of the facts of something that you were not present for then how's about you dont say anything at all. :+1:

I believe there are good cops and bad cops. I also believe there is systemic racial injustice in the judicial system.
  • LaReineDesPixels
    LaReineDesPixels Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Surprised this hasn't been closed yet....
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I am in awe that society is shooting those that protect. What will happen when the cops say no more and we have no protection
    Is it because the cops are shooting black people for silly little reasons like a tail light so because its Americans and your all seem to carry guns crazy nut jobs want revenge it does not happen in the UK the US needs to take a look at its self rip to all the victims

Someone clearly doesn't know the whole story, but feels the need to comment what they think may or may not be true just to add to the hype of everything awful that is already going on in the world. Good Grief.

There are bad cops, there are good cops, there are bad black, white, yellow, orange, brown etc. people as there are good all different colored people. The world is so full of hate it is horrifying. How's about you stop adding to that hate and if you are not 110% certain of ALL of the facts of something that you were not present for then how's about you dont say anything at all. :+1:

I believe there are good cops and bad cops. I also believe there is systemic racial injustice in the judicial system.

Fair enough, but there's also a systematic bias in our media... a recent study indicated that unarmed whites were more likely to be shot by the police - you can find these stories, but why don't they make the headlines?
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options

I wholeheartedly agree. The judicial system is very flawed, very broken, *kitten* America is very broken but spreading the hate is not going to do anything to fix it, and blabbing false accusations / false truths on social media certainly is not going to help anything. It's a sad reality really. It honestly is heart breaking.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Sugar_Pill wrote: »

Just as there has always been.

The difference now: everyone has a camera in their hand 24/7.

Some of these videos ,,like the way people eat should be taken in the full context of what actually happened, not just blips, and short blast that do not show the entire story of what really happened.
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    Murderers is all they are . Scum of society .
  • Tigg_er
    Options

I wholeheartedly agree. The judicial system is very flawed, very broken, *kitten* America is very broken but spreading the hate is not going to do anything to fix it, and blabbing false accusations / false truths on social media certainly is not going to help anything. It's a sad reality really. It honestly is heart breaking.

I can attest to the judicial system being flawed,,,However
    I agree that social media, and the major news networks spread such unfounded B/S that it confuses and spreads more hate. It Grows on itself.
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    Sugar_Pill wrote: »
    finny11122 wrote: »
    Murderers is all they are . Scum of society .

Please elaborate.

PLEASE.

Going around killing random cops is brainless . They got to look at themselves and their life and if they are not happy with it , they got only themselves to blame . Everyone has choices . If they made bad choices all their life , it not some random cops fault just doing his job .
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    There are issues on both sides: You have people who struggle being tired of struggling and being stereotyped. On the other side you have law enforcement who's tired of rearresting thugs because the justice system didn't prosecute correctly.
    Take either side with people who aren't that stable and conduct themselves based on emotion and boom..........What's really the issue here is that innocent are caught in this on both sides.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Tigg_er
    Options
    ^^^ Yep
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    And these kids involved...ugh. You're black and your parent happens to get killed by police, you grow up likely hating cops. Your parent is a cop and happens to get killed by a black person, you likely grow up hating blacks...continue cycle.

I see no end in sight until all humans regardless of color, religion, or occupation are pushed so far (either by governments or natural disaster or or or...) that there's no other choice but to stand together. It feels like it really will take some sort of "apocalypse" to put an end to the current state of humanity.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Media...

Screenshot_2016_07_18_13_23_14.png

guy on the left looks like he's about to NOM on a ice cream cone to me.

the guy on the right is warning him not to because he saw one of the guys who made it blow his nose in his hand before grabbing the cone.

It only matters if it's chocolate or vanilla though...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    Maximus wrote: »
    I'll throw this out there.... if the police tell me to stop, I stop. If they tell me to not move, I don't move.
    Agree. Compliance would save a lot of lives. Better off lawyering up if one felt they were discriminated against and doing it in court rather than trying to invoke one's right in a situation that may end up being volatile.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

This discussion has been closed.