10 lbs in 4 weeks?

2»

Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    PS: I'm male, 5'8" and started at around 200lbs both times based on a 2000 cal "diet" of 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat usually net 1500-1750 cals/day including 30 mins of cardio (spin bike or rowing) each day. Counted EVERYTHING and don't cheat (ie., snack). Also eliminated all alcohol and refined sugar/flour from the diet.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    I lost 40 lbs in 5 months 3 years ago and just lost 20 lbs in the past 2 months doing the same things I did 3 years ago. So, losing 10 lbs in 4 weeks (1 month) is certainly possible.

No one is saying 10lbs in a month is impossible for everyone, they are saying in this particular case it isn't a realistic goal.
    Someone with a lot of weight to lose can lose 10lbs in 4 weeks. OP is close to goal weight so that likely does not apply to here.
    Someone can drop 10lbs of water weight in 4 weeks. But that is a temporary loss and will quickly come back.
    10lbs of fat loss or even mostly fat loss at OP's stage is not realistic.

Plus people are also encouraging OP to hit goal weight and be able to maintain it when she gets there.
  • SassyMommasaurus
    SassyMommasaurus Posts: 380 Member
    I lost 40 lbs in 5 months 3 years ago and just lost 20 lbs in the past 2 months doing the same things I did 3 years ago. So, losing 10 lbs in 4 weeks (1 month) is certainly possible.

It's possible, yes, but someone actually said everyone could do it....no.....lol
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited July 2016
    PS: I'm male, 5'8" and started at around 200lbs both times based on a 2000 cal "diet" of 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat usually net 1500-1750 cals/day including 30 mins of cardio (spin bike or rowing) each day. Counted EVERYTHING and don't cheat (ie., snack). Also eliminated all alcohol and refined sugar/flour from the diet.

And as a male, at 200 lbs, your calorie intake and burns would likely be higher than the OP. She would have to net less than 1500 a day, I'm guessing even much lower but I don't know her stats, to hit 2.5 lbs a week.

And no offence, but if it worked the first time, there wouldn't need to be a second go at it.

Losing the weight is only half the battle.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    edited July 2016
    Keriann23 wrote: »
    HI everyone! I am looking to finalize my weight loss in the next 4 weeks. I have a trip coming up that I have been working towards and I still have 10 more lbs till my FINAL goal! I have hit many along the way. I would like to hear some hints, tips, ideas and plans for knocking the last 10 lbs out. I am definatly at a plateau so any advice would help.

Here let me tell you more about my journey and how im where I am so you can use that to base responses off of

1. I lost 78 lbs over 1.5 years (however I did stop TRYING for about 4-6 months while going through a divorce, so I stayed at 25-30 lbs lost for that long, then after started up again)
    2. Diet and exercise.
    3. now I am going to the gym 4-5 times a week (sometimes 7 times if I can squeeze a trip in the morning before work in)
    4. at the gym I start with weights and strength. Legs, lunges, squats and weight machines. 2-3 reps each, then arms, same reps
    5. then I hit a cardio machine, normally elipical for 20 min at level 4 or tredmil, alternating jogging (new for me) and speed walking at a 1.5 incline 3.0 mph, jogging goes to 3.5-4.0
    6. Diet, black coffee in the morning, protein filled breakfast, egg whites and cheese.
    7. lunch, rice cakes, peanutbutter, and veggies
    8. snack, humus and veggies
    9. dinner varies, haven't had takeout or fast food in weeks.

I would LOVE to lose those extra 10 lbs in 4 weeks, any modifications that you think would work?

@Keriann23 - You left out what calorie deficit you are creating per day and how many calories this leaves you to eat.

Also, how tall are you?
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    I have 10 pounds left. So..s..l..o..w. Oh Oh how I would love to lose 10 pounds in a month. I would love to lose 5 pounds on a month!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member

Oh well if an obese male can lose 10 lbs in a month then obviously a woman who is 10 lbs from goal can do it too.

Clearly. Absolutely. Positively.

• Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Everyone can lose 10 pounds in a month. High protein, tons of veggies and water. Exercise everyday for 30-60 minutes including cardio.

Sure, @SugarySweetheart , along with a lot of muscle and your sanity.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Everyone can lose 10 pounds in a month. High protein, tons of veggies and warter. Exercise everyday for 30-60 minutes including cardio.

No, they can't...
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    of course its POSSIBLE.

would it be easy. no.
    would it be healthy. no.
    would it be actual fat loss. no.
    would it STAY off (which is the GOAL). no
    would you feel good. no.

but hey - go do you. just dont cry when it doesnt happen or you gain it back with the first meal you eat.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Everyone can lose 10 pounds in a month. High protein, tons of veggies and water. Exercise everyday for 30-60 minutes including cardio.

This is not true.

Food type and exercise have zilch to do with weight loss. Sure, the exercise helps create a calorie deficit, but it's not mandatory.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    @kerriann2323, congrats on your weight loss so far.

You've lost a lot of weight already, so you know this latest goal of yours in unrealistic. Just continue eating at a calorie deficit and you will continue to lose weight. Your trip is waiting for you and will not reject you just because you did not lose that extra ten. :)

Besides, if you lose weight quickly prior to the trip, there's a big chance you will be hangry for your trip due to deprivation, followed by some consistent overindulgence. We all know what happens with that. :)