Cayenne Pepper Water

Options
sshaiwan1
sshaiwan1 Posts: 18 Member
Has anyone tried the Cayenne Pepper, maple syrup, lemon detox water diet.? I hear it gives good results but Im wondering at what cost..I was told you lose 10 lbs in 3 days just from drinking it.

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    just no!

you do not need to detox and the above diet basically sheds water weight that you will immediately replace as soon as you start eating food again.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Cayenne pepper water? Doesn't sound like food OR nutrition.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Total nonsense. You don't need a detox. And some weird nasty flavored water won't make you lose weight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    What if I were to mix it with some protein powder? Could I lose and make gains at the same time?

:laugh:
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I hear it works better with ghost peppers . . .
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    sshaiwan1 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Cayenne Pepper, maple syrup, lemon detox water diet.? I hear it gives good results but Im wondering at what cost..I was told you lose 10 lbs in 3 days just from drinking it.

You're not going to lose 3lbs of fat in 10 days even drinking an evil concoction like this..... there are no shortcuts, no magic bullets and when you see the words cleanse or detox your BS detector should be on red alert.......

Stick to the basics, a modest caloric deficit based on a healthy, balanced diet. (I know, common sense, gradual, healthy weight loss doesn't sell books......)
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    It's a waste of time and energy.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Very very very bad idea. I wish that thread was still around where the guy did the "master cleanse" and ended up having an accident in bed...on his wife.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Very very very bad idea. I wish that thread was still around where the guy did the "master cleanse" and ended up having an accident in bed...on his wife.

Some people are into that I suppose
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    Just eat hot peppers
  • kingrat2014
    kingrat2014 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Every morning I start off when I wake up with a 16 oz glass of water with 5 or 6 drops of lemon oil and a dash of cayenne pepper. With how I am feeling I will add vitamin C or baking soda to it. This is not a diet for me, one glass first thing in the morning before anything else. I have been doing this over 2 years now, no problem.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Every morning I start off when I wake up with a 16 oz glass of water with 5 or 6 drops of lemon oil and a dash of cayenne pepper. With how I am feeling I will add vitamin C or baking soda to it. This is not a diet for me, one glass first thing in the morning before anything else. I have been doing this over 2 years now, no problem.

Why?
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    sshaiwan1 wrote: »

There is a couple who are on trial for the death of their son because they gave him this drink to "detox" him of his meningitis.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I heard a raw chicken diet could have you losing even more, let me know how that goes.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I heard a raw chicken diet could have you losing even more, let me know how that goes.

Especially if you leave it out of the fridge for a while first!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    naw sorry that "diet" is BS. You can't lose 10 lb of fat in 3 days by doing this, or by anything else.