No soda

Options
2»

Replies

• gcooper7
    gcooper7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I just recently started a diet plan and app. I cut out soda and drink only water with fresh lemon added, and black coffee. I been having a few weak moments but they pass. I was a heavy soda drinker. So far since I started last week Friday I have lost 2lbs. I somewhat feel better. I think it's a little too soon to tell. I'm looking for drastic weight loss and I think giving up soda and turning to water is a good start according to what my eyes are showing me. Trying to stay focused. Like I said earlier my moments of weakness made me to feel like crying like a child would want. It's a little embarrassing to say, but I needed to get that off my chest. Good luck and prayers for everyone who is struggling. ❤️

Keep it up. Pretty soon you won't think about soda
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,584 Member
    Options
    Personally I switched from regular soda to diet soda over 25 years ago. I will have a regular soda occasionally, but it's rare. Lots of people drink their calories and it's easy to do with soda and coffee with sugar and cream. So NOT letting that be an obstacle to weight loss/maintenance is a good strategy, however there are lots and lots of people who know how to moderate soda intake. It's not evil, it's just very hyperpalatable to many people.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • missemmibelle
    missemmibelle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I LOVE root beer, so... I don't keep it in the house.

I replaced soda with water and unsweetened mint tea... which is surprising because I've never liked tea.

Turns out I only like the minty kind. In fact, I haven't had a cup of coffee in five months, and I was a two-cups-in-the-morning kinda gal.

Great thing about hot minty tea is that if I drink it after I eat... it curbs my urge to snack.

I drink 5-6 cups of hot tea a day, even when it's 110 outside :)

As for exercise, I find it helps to have a progressive goal. I love C25K because it's cheap, it's fast, I can do it anywhere, I feel myself getting better every single week, there's a race at the end and it's very encouraging.
  • cinnabondelights
    cinnabondelights Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I replaced soda with water and hot green or black tea (tea bags only, not the bottled/canned tea- those have, if not, as much sugar as soda) with stevia or a small spoonful of honey. I like sweet drinks too, so tea helped curb the craving for me. Now I can't stand soda. :(
  • dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    gcooper7 wrote: »
    This is awesome, keep the posts coming. I'm about to go start my punching bag workout. What exercises do you find the most beneficial, most fun? What has helped you lose weight?

While I hate the pain, I love the results of pull-ups, dips, push-ups and other bodyweight exercises. Also doing a 100 push-ups can do wonders to curb one's aggression.
  • dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    joicedelle wrote: »
    I replaced soda with water and hot green or black tea (tea bags only, not the bottled/canned tea- those have, if not, as much sugar as soda) with stevia or a small spoonful of honey. I like sweet drinks too, so tea helped curb the craving for me. Now I can't stand soda. :(

In Japan it is easy to buy unsweetened teas. In fact sweetening green tea seems barbaric. You can buy sweetened tea, I just think it is barbaric.
  • brucejei
    brucejei Posts: 102 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I was a heavy diet soda drinker. I decided to give it up, it had been about 3 months since I had one, and my son bought me one two nights ago, I couldn't even drink half of it, it tasted gross and it upset my stomach. I mainly just drink water now. I'm glad I was able to stop drinking diet coke, I was addicted to it.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I swim laps in the pool and do the pool dumbells and water exercise. I am really enjoying this..

.goal is too be conformable lifting (haven't started) by the time the pool closes in sept so I can switch to hikes and lifting. I am funding starting lifting very very intimidating for some reason. I want to do it at home....I don't like gyms and won't go for the long hall.
  • gcooper7
    gcooper7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I swim laps in the pool and do the pool dumbells and water exercise. I am really enjoying this..

.goal is too be conformable lifting (haven't started) by the time the pool closes in sept so I can switch to hikes and lifting. I am funding starting lifting very very intimidating for some reason. I want to do it at home....I don't like gyms and won't go for the long hall.

Lifting is good for you. I lift every day. Buy a weight bench and put in your house or garage. You will feel less intimidated probably. However I like squats, deadlifts, and all the compound lifts because they are great for building strength. I do do some isolation.