Lose weight for the Wedding

Options
Well like the post says, I'm going to try a lose weight for a wedding. Mine? Oh goodness no, my long time friend. I will have a large role in the ceremony, but I don't want to BE the large part. I have been asked to be the best man and be it suit and tie or dress, I want to look my best.

I have posted previously about needing to lose weight for medical issues, and while I have lost about twenty pounds, the "medical" bit is really no longer an issue. Blood work is A-OK and now just looking for people whom have a wedding goal to get to.

Replies

• aceofspades243
    aceofspades243 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm wanting to lose 30-40 lbs before my sisters wedding which is December lol. She's supposed to lose weight too from what she says she wants to do but she's not committing very well so I'm on my own most of the time.

If you want to be friends that'll be cool. ;)
  • Panys_mom
    Panys_mom Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    at least you know when it is lol they haven't set a date but my butt isn't getting any smaller
  • SavannahS2016
    SavannahS2016 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm wanting to lose to lose 60lbs for my wedding haven't set a date for my wedding but have planned it on Pinterest. Main reasons why we haven't set a date is that I want to look good for my wedding. The other reason is we want one more child before we do and I don't want to be breastfeeding during it (my son fed till month before he turned 3)
  • marilynlawlor
    marilynlawlor Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to slim down by at least 30lbs for a wedding in March. Also turning 40 this year .... Not succeeding alone so would like to befriend
  • Rini_s
    Rini_s Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm wanting to lose almost 50 lbs for my daughter's wedding next June. Want to look back at my daughter's wedding pictures pleased with my appearance...rather than stressing over how I will look in photos.
  • chelm1222
    chelm1222 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me. I need to lose at least 15 lbs by October. I have a wedding dress to fit into, and at this time it doesn't fit.
  • sarahbrownprice
    sarahbrownprice Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am the maid of honor in a wedding in November, trying to lose some weight before but I really don't have a set goal for it. I am trying to not get super stressed out because I want to do my best to make this few months left before the wedding an amazing time for my best friend. Plus, I am already stressed enough about growing my hair out enough to try and cover my ridiculous (but loved by me) tattoos, I have a feeling the grooms super stuffy sounding family is not going to be too hip on them.
  • Rini_s
    Options
    chelm1222 wrote: »
    Anyone can feel free to add me. I need to lose at least 15 lbs by October. I have a wedding dress to fit into, and at this time it doesn't fit.

You'll get there! Just keep on going no matter what!
  • Rini_s
    Options
    I am the maid of honor in a wedding in November, trying to lose some weight before but I really don't have a set goal for it. I am trying to not get super stressed out because I want to do my best to make this few months left before the wedding an amazing time for my best friend. Plus, I am already stressed enough about growing my hair out enough to try and cover my ridiculous (but loved by me) tattoos, I have a feeling the grooms super stuffy sounding family is not going to be too hip on them.

Well who cares if they don't like them! They don't have to like them. As long as you do, that's all that matters. If it bothers you, check out some of the concealing make-ups that are intended to cover up port wine stains and tattoos. But only if it bothers you...or makes the bride less than happy. His family? I wouldn't care so much. ;)
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I did the pre-wedding loss the unhealthy way -- Atkins for 3 weeks. I cheated & had a glass of wine every weekend but only 1.