How many of you eat breakfast?

Options

Replies

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'd eat my arm by 9am if I didn't eat breakfast when I got into work at 7am. Then I'd continue to snack all day until lunch. I'm HUNGRY when I wake up.
  • dave_in_ni
    dave_in_ni Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Always eat breakfast, usually same breakfast most morning, 40g oats, with 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder all made with water.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    sullus wrote: »
    Breakfast is the first meal you eat of the day, so technically everyone eats it. Even if it's at 5pm. Not to be a smartass.

You can only skip breakfast once ....

:#

• oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    So my question is how many of you eat breakfast and how many of you have successfully lost weight without it?

I don't eat breakfast. I'm not hungry in the morning. If I do eat breakfast I find I'll eat more during the day. It wakes up my stomach and then I want more food. So eating breakfast usually leads to going over my calorie goal.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    ALWAYS...but usually not until I've been up for at least a couple of hours.
  • tns56364
    tns56364 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Tracie5225 wrote: »
    I have trouble controlling my appetite, as soon as I start eating, unless I am completely occupied, I feel hunger all day. Therefore I usually miss breakfast, and try to hold off my first meal for as long as possible.

I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one with this problem. So I usually will skip breakfast and sometimes lunch then enjoy an nice dinner and a later small snack. I still make sure that I eat my required calories and maintain a good deficit.
  • mzalice52275
    mzalice52275 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Must eat breakfast every day
  • LokiGrrl
    LokiGrrl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I just don't like eating food in the morning. These days I have my own brand of ketocoffee (1 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp heavy cream in 8 oz coffee, with Splenda which I hate but I just need that sweetness in the creamy coffee) and it keeps my meds from coming back up and holds me for quite a while as far as appetite. My schedule is kind of whack, so I have the coffee about noon, go to work at 1, and get peckish about 6, so I have a light lunch then, and then when I get off work at 9 I make a big dinner, and I'm generally up til 2-3 a.m. The only time I want to eat in the morning is if I get drunk the night before; then it's all about the steak and eggs, heh.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Couple of things spring to mind here:
    1. Maybe some people are confusing digestion and metabolism. Eating breakfast will definitely raise your metabolism - for the period that the body is digesting. Anything that is an additional energy demand on the body will do that. ( for the period it needs the energy). Metabolic rate goes up and down all day depending on whats going on with you- sitting, eating, stressing, sleeping, growing, repairing, exercising etc.
    2. 3 set meals (and two snacks) is a very recent western cultural pattern. Its not the norm for the majority of the world or gor the majority of mans history on earth- and we do just fine as a species! The evolution of this eating pattern is quite fascinating from a sociological perspective - from middle-ages serfs to industrial revolution to 1960s teens etc. Two tv series i recomend are 'supersizers go...' and 'back in time for dinner ' ( i think!).
  • brigbrux
    brigbrux Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ALWAYS. No day can start without breakfast. I'd be irritable, in bad mood, unconcentrated, and worst of all: tempted to snack on anything a bit later. And by the way, I have lost 15 kg since Easter Last Year, but by skipping carbs on diner and sport. BMI 20 now.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think it matters as much as what you eat when you do eat. I wake up very hungry and always have. My sister can't look at food before noon.
  • JC1459
    JC1459 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast - Intermittent Fasting for past 2 months -- I eat lunch at 11:30am and dinner no later than 6 pm and NO SNACKING between meals -- 30 pounds lost in 2 months -- I wake up with lots of energy and no hunger pains and feeling better than ever!
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast, but not right when I get up. I get up around 7 and get to work around 9, and usually eat my breakfast around 9:30.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I have to eat within a few hours of being up or I'll get hangry real quick
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I do not typically eat breakfast*. I gained and lost weight while not eating breakfast.

*that is not to say I never eat breakfast, just that it's pretty rare.
  • Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast either. Just not hungry then..I don't eat till lunchtime.
    If I ever do I just grab some fruit. I'm a healthy weight also. I don't know where this whole 'your more likely to be overweight if you skip breakfast' thing came a long
  • Caitlinbc
    Caitlinbc Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I always eat breakfast or I won't have energy to last me til lunch. I usually have coffee and a Greek yogurt parfait, avocado toast, or oatmeal with berries, honey, almonds and cinnamon.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I eat two breakfast daily, no issue for weight loss or gain. Its not what meals you skip or eat, its the calorie deficit you create that looses weight.

What do you mean by two breakfast?
    1. Double the normally expected portion sizes?
    2. The same meal again at two different times?
    3. Some other meal which you still call breakfast?
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I almost always eat breakfast. Wake up at 5:45am, breakfast around 6:30am, Leave home around 7:15am for a 7:30am start at work. Lunch 1:30pm and a combination of Dinner or Snacks at 5:30pm and 9:00pm depending what time I go back out and return again.

My breakfast is usually cereal, toast, and tea. Main variation is what goes on the toast.
  • Luckychic_93
    Luckychic_93 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The longer you wait to eat for the first time after you wake up the better. Once you take that first bite your body goes into "receiving mode" for food. The more you prolong this happening the less you will eat throughout the day