Whats for breakfast?

Options
I can cook a whole verity of foods for lunch and diner, it's breakfast thats my problem. I am sick of egg whites and toast and when I eat cereal my day seems set up for nothing good. Too many cals for not enough food....grrrrrr.

What was for breakfast this morning? I need ideas! :smile:

Replies

• Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Stoneyfield Fruit Smoothie and a Cereal Bar!
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    I have a canadian bacon with 2 % shredded cheese Pita wrap. Usually throw some strawberries on the side, or other fruit that's handy. And you are so right, cereal doesn't go far enough for the calories you get! You can also try oatmeal. I've heard it's filling. Maybe oatmeal with some Greek yogurt for protein!
  • breskittle
    breskittle Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup dannon light & fit yogurt w/some fruit (strawberries r my fave) and a packet or 2 of sweetener (i use truvia) , mix it in a blender with some ice and VIOLA! You have a huge smoothie thats only about 100 calories!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I usually have oatmeal with craisins. I should add some cottage cheese or yogurt with it, but I don't.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    My favorite is equal parts plain Greek yogurt and Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal (usually 1/2 cup of each). Mix it together and it is like a super protein and fiber packed bowl of yogurt and granola. The cereal sweetens up the plain yogurt. Lately I have also been dumping whatever berries are in season in the bowl as well.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I make homemade smoothies, for me it is an easy way for my tummy to start the day! My basic recipe:

1 cup organic unsweetened soy milk ( i choose a high fiber one)
    1 cup frozen blueberries
    1/2 large banana
    1T ground flaxseed
    any other frozen fuit is good too mangos, strawberries, etc.
    Mine comes out to around 250 cals.
  • cscheiern
    cscheiern Posts: 45
    Options
    I have a frozen fruit smoothie/protein shake and peanut butter toast, but you don't have to eat only "breakfast foods" for breakfast.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I do greek yogurt with fruit and/or an egg white omelet with tons of veggies. I also do the high protein Kashi Go Lean Vanilla Hot cereal with some almonds thrown in. Other times I'll just have toast with peanut butter.
  • dbower18
    dbower18 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Try a fruit smoothie. Get a good healthy protein powder ( they don't have to cost half a house payment to be good), a small cup of water and maybe some crushed ice, some plain non fat yogurt (I use Greek God, cause I'm you know sort of one myself , [sarcasm alert here]) and whatever fruit comes to my grubby little fingers first: blueberries, strawberries and pineapple are my favorite. Add some fake, but somehow still healthy sugar and/or honey. Turn the blender on high till your spouse starts looking for the shotgun.

You can use frozen fruit as well and skip the crushed ice. The one I make: about 300 calories and enough protein to get me through to lunch.

Good luck.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been getting a Dunkin' Donuts Wake-Up Wrap. The ham, egg and cheese is only about 200 or so calories, the sausage egg and cheese is 290 calories. Delicious!
  • DanaKinzer
    DanaKinzer Posts: 72
    Options
    My morning snack was 1 cup Dannon plain natural yogurt with 1 tsp of powdered sugar.

Breakfast was one egg with: spinach, tomato, green pepper, onion, mushroom, 1/3 of a piece of bacon all scrambled together and topped with 1/8 of a cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Oh, and a glass of milk.

I tell my kids all the time,cereal is not a meal, it is a snack. A meal, a real meal, doesn't come from a box or a can or the freezer. It also contains all four food groups in it. If it doesn't meet those requirements, then it's not a meal in this house.
  • heathhumble
    heathhumble Posts: 178
    Options
    Hello " Whats for breakfast" it is important to eat breakfast in the morning! but it doesn't have to always be per-say breakfast foods. You could have chicken breast & lean cut of steak with fruit.Any thing goes as long as you continue to follow your goals and stay focused.Good luck on your choices.:wink:
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    I usually have a yoplait light yogurt and fruit, today was red seedless grapes. I have a busy schedule at school, so I tend to eat on the go and don't get to cook breakfast.
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Three scrambled egg whites with bell peppers, onions, tomatoes and mild or medium salsa, three 3" oat bran pancakes with strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries, 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt with a fruit flavored extract. (Banana and cherries are my favorites.)
  • TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    Options
    My breakfast during the week is usually a pack of high fiber cinnamon swirl oatmeal and a muscle milk lite (chocolate or cafe late)... total around 320 cals

or I will the oatmeal and subsitute the muscle milk lite for a fiber one bar (around 300 cals)
  • dani818
    dani818 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This morning i had 3 hard boiled egg whites and a 1/2 c of creamed potatoes.
  • rachelllk
    rachelllk Posts: 63
    Options
    1/4 cup of quick oats
    1/4 cup of cooked plain brown rice
    1/4 cup of almond milk
    1/8-1/4 cup of water
    microwaved for 1.5-2 minutes (in a big bowl so there’s no spill over)
    then I added:
    1 tbsp honey (or you could use Splenda, Truvia, Stevia, etc)
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp vanilla
    and sometimes a few berries

yummm :)
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'm a creature of habit...egg whites and oats every day and I love it!
  • yoshikosc
    yoshikosc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I cook my own oatmeal. I soak it overnight so it cooks faster. I have half a cup and add some cinnamon and half a chopped apple or some strawberries. I usually let it cool down and add vanilla protein powder, instead of sugar.

It's so good and full of protein. I can't imagine having chicken or tuna for breakfast, this is a much better alternative.

If I'm in a hurry or not that hungry I'll make a protein shake and add 1/4 cup of oatmeal in the blender and take it with me.
  • ChristyP0303
    ChristyP0303 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with string cheese and a hard boiled egg!