eating disorders

Options
I hate when you finally realize that you will never feel beautiful, no matter how much you try. I wish I could wake up and eat breakfast like normal and happy people

Replies

• navdeeprana
    navdeeprana Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Never stop trying....you might fail a ton if of times but you can be what you want someday ...NEVER GIVE UP!!

Stay strong
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    There are underlying causes that make you feel the way you do. I suggest seeing a therapist. I have an eating disorders therapist in my family and especially for women, there are a lot of issues that can become complicated. Sounds like you have some esteem issues. If financial is a concern, Lutheran family services and Catholic social services has excellent therapists on staff and you pay according to your income.
    Perhaps you feel you don't deserve to feel beautiful, perhaps something in your past caused you to feel this way. A therapist could be an amazing gift to yourself.
  • BewitchedBelinda99
    BewitchedBelinda99 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful! But as above, please get help.
  • emjam99
    emjam99 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Look, I feel the same way as you I know where you're coming from. I wake up and feel odd around meal time, but I eat anyway because if I don't, what am I doing to my body? I think it's important to get yourself involved in working out or something to keep you on track. That's what saved me and got me eating normal again
  • aistwan36
    aistwan36 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Oh thank you, this is a very good resource I appreciate it
  • aistwan36
    Options
    emjam99 wrote: »
    Look, I feel the same way as you I know where you're coming from. I wake up and feel odd around meal time, but I eat anyway because if I don't, what am I doing to my body? I think it's important to get yourself involved in working out or something to keep you on track. That's what saved me and got me eating normal again

That's a good suggestion, a healthy workout routine could be a good way to get back on track. I didn't really think about that, thank you

• aistwan36
    Options
    Never stop trying....you might fail a ton if of times but you can be what you want someday ...NEVER GIVE UP!!

Stay strong

Thank you so much, same to you :smile: There is always quite a lot of failure along the way lol.
  • aistwan36
    Options
    There are underlying causes that make you feel the way you do. I suggest seeing a therapist. I have an eating disorders therapist in my family and especially for women, there are a lot of issues that can become complicated. Sounds like you have some esteem issues. If financial is a concern, Lutheran family services and Catholic social services has excellent therapists on staff and you pay according to your income.
    Perhaps you feel you don't deserve to feel beautiful, perhaps something in your past caused you to feel this way. A therapist could be an amazing gift to yourself.

You're probably correct, i've been nervous/skittish about the possibility of seeking therapy but it's about time I try. Thank you so much for the tidbit about those services :smile:
  • aistwan36
    Options
    You are beautiful! But as above, please get help.

Thank you! You are beautiful and kind as well. I'll try my best to get help
  • KristaJeanMFP
    KristaJeanMFP Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT! <3 You are gorgeous. Don't give up! Life works in mysterious ways.

I'm wayyyyyyy more stable now than I was 5 years ago. I hated myself so much- looking back, I couldn't even tell you why. I really hope you find the love within yourself soon- it truly is the most wonderful feeling. I wish you all the luck- look forward, never back.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    aistwan36 wrote: »
    I hate when you finally realize that you will never feel beautiful, no matter how much you try. I wish I could wake up and eat breakfast like normal and happy people

There's no such thing as "normal people". Everyone has something going on and you're not the first or only person that is going through what you're going through, so you're definitely not alone. There's a group on here for eating disorders that can probably help as well.

You're absolutely brave for talking about it :)
  • Rhiannonpwj
    Rhiannonpwj Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    aistwan36 wrote: »
    I hate when you finally realize that you will never feel beautiful, no matter how much you try.

Don't say never! I have a history of various eating disorders, from which I feel I have recovered, and definitely feel beautiful - not always, but at times. Hang in there, it will be a very long process but you will get to where you want to be.

Also, unless you're using mfp specifically to recover, you might want to consider getting off this site, or at least reducing your time here. It definitely adds to the obsession over food and calories, and you might feel more relaxed towards eating. If it doesn't work out you can always return, but personally I would suggest giving it a shot.
  • TimOwenWhite
    TimOwenWhite Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good comment from Erroll. When you get to know 'normal and happy people' you tend to see that everyone has some form of shite going on, a bit of good old fashioned abnormality is perfectly normal!

Of course, this doesn't subtract from your own very personal feelings about yourself. If you believe that you can never feel beautiful then really take heed of advice about seeing a therapist because you definately deserve to feel all the beautiful!