Help!! Shake ideas

Options
So I just purchased a blender online and I wanted to know if you guys have any Quick, Easy pack on the pounds shake ideas. Oh... And delicious of course.

Replies

• questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Nut butter+protein powder+milk.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Protein powder, peanut butter, banana, oats, and whole milk
  • stowns30
    stowns30 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thanks ... Gonna look on line now for the protein powder. Any particular brand or does it matter???
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited July 2016
    Options
    stowns30 wrote: »
    Thanks ... Gonna look on line now for the protein powder. Any particular brand or does it matter???

It is personal based on taste. Many people like ON, truetin, dymatize and PEScience. If you can or they offer them, get samples.
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    It is personal taste for sure. I like Optimum Nutrition, my favorite is Quest but Quest is quite pricy, Optimum Nutrition is significantly cheaper at places like Costco.

You could try a place like GNC and pick up small/sample sizes and see what tastes best to you.
  • stowns30
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

It is personal based on taste. Many people like ON, truetin, dymatize and PEScience. If you can or they offer them, get samples.

Thanks... I'll go into the store to purchase then
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I've heard optimum nutrition as good the most consistently and it's what I use.
  • kayemali
    kayemali Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition mass gainer, I used it and I have used many Weight gainers and found this one actually works the best, don't take in one go as be to thick, split it up during the day
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I agree with @psulemon about getting samples first before purchasing the full jar. I've tried some that I hate and others that I love.
    Do you have a GNC near you? If so, they have sample packs so you can taste several before making your decision to buy a jar.
    Since your goal is to gain weight, you can double up your scoops. Add in peanut butter, full fat milk , bananas, nut butters. Just play around with it until you find the combination that you like.
    I would tell the clerk they you are looking for a high calorie protein powder . The mass gainer tastes good in chocolate from GNC
    Remember that since your goal is to gain, you need to eat at a calorie surplus.
  • stowns30
    Options
    I agree with @psulemon about getting samples first before purchasing the full jar. I've tried some that I hate and others that I love.
    Do you have a GNC near you? If so, they have sample packs so you can taste several before making your decision to buy a jar.
    Since your goal is to gain weight, you can double up your scoops. Add in peanut butter, full fat milk , bananas, nut butters. Just play around with it until you find the combination that you like.
    I would tell the clerk they you are looking for a high calorie protein powder . The mass gainer tastes good in chocolate from GNC

Yeah I have quite a few in the area I'm gonna sample that does seem like the best thing to do
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

Yeah I have quite a few in the area I'm gonna sample that does seem like the best thing to do

Otherwise this could get costly fast. I've made the mistake of buying expensive jars that tasted really bad to me but my friends said they where awesome.
    Go in and get as many little packets as possible and go home and experiment. Add in peanut butter and bananas one time, next time use almond butter and so on. Find a combo that you like.
    Don't forget to tell the clerk that your looking to gain weight so they can point you in the direction of higher calorie powder ( I've had some really disgusting tasting low calorie low carb shakes that made me want to vomit)
    This will be a bit of trial and error until you find the combo you enjoy most. Remember that weight gain comes from a calorie surplus, so don't be afraid to throw in some extras :)
  • stowns30
    Options

Otherwise this could get costly fast. I've made the mistake of buying expensive jars that tasted really bad to me but my friends said they where awesome.
    Go in and get as many little packets as possible and go home and experiment. Add in peanut butter and bananas one time, next time use almond butter and so on. Find a combo that you like.
    Don't forget to tell the clerk that your looking to gain weight so they can point you in the direction of higher calorie powder ( I've had some really disgusting tasting low calorie low carb shakes that made me want to vomit)
    This will be a bit of trial and error until you find the combo you enjoy most. Remember that weight gain comes from a calorie surplus, so don't be afraid to throw in some extras :)
    Will do thanks
  • stowns30
    Options
    Ok so I went and sampled different weight gain powders to add to shakes ... My picky self didn't find any that I liked enough to want to drink everyday. Is there any other homemade options that are easy to make. I bought more heavy whipping cream to add in but what ingredients should I use??? Bananas... Peanut butter??? What??? HELP!!!! Lol I'm more of a smooth type texture girl... I hate the grainy type drinks.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    You can add anything you like. Bananas, peanut butter and chocolate are a good combination. Like fruity? Blend mixed berries with vanilla or berry whole milk yogurt. I also like coffee with vanilla protein, banana, either cacao or coconut, use coffee syrup to sweeten(hazelnut or s'mores flavor with the cacao, coconut syrup with coconut).
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Ok so I went and sampled different weight gain powders to add to shakes ... My picky self didn't find any that I liked enough to want to drink everyday. Is there any other homemade options that are easy to make. I bought more heavy whipping cream to add in but what ingredients should I use??? Bananas... Peanut butter??? What??? HELP!!!! Lol I'm more of a smooth type texture girl... I hate the grainy type drinks.

Chocolate milk and ice cream are two quality options.
  • stowns30
    Options

Do u think ensure plus mixed with chocolate milk and ice cream would be too much?
  • stowns30
    Options
    I like lots of fruits but not much of a mixture all at once ... Meaning I like strawberries and bananas but not together. I'm so picky, I don't know what to mix I feel so duhhh about this lol. Maybe I'll just try some things and see what I like. I just don't want to be wasteful. I guess there's no way around it but to try it I guess.
  • msrubiblaze
    msrubiblaze Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    2 cups whole milk
    1 cup of ice cream or vanilla yogurt or combo
    4-6 strawberries
    1 banana
    2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
    2 ice cubes
  • psuLemon
    Options

Do u think ensure plus mixed with chocolate milk and ice cream would be too much?

Nope. Anything to help you can calories.
  • psuLemon
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You can also look into overnight oats. I use protein powder, peanut butter, honey, oats, milk and top with granola). Its around 800 calories and you dont taste protein powder (i use vanilla).