30 day challenge to stop eating fast food

Options
2»

Replies

• topia125
    topia125 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yass! I'm so encouraged! You are doing great! Keep it up!
    Tonight was not good. I ate chicken nuggets and fries at 1130 tonight. My bf brought me pollyo string cheese my fav...
    I went over ... the hardest thing for me will be late nights but will continue to press through. ... I so grateful to have for your support too!
  • topia125
    Options
    @shockvalue07 it's like 32 grams of sugar
  • topia125
    Options
    I'm so ready to quit... I am having these urges that I can't get past! !
  • mexicalinina
    mexicalinina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the challenge. I am always eating fast food and need to make a lifestyle change.
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you @mexicalinina
  • topia125
    Options
    I would like to join the challenge. I am always eating fast food and need to make a lifestyle change.

Nice to meet you!
  • Glassymountainredneck1
    Options
    I would like top join plz if I'm not too late
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Good luck, lovely people!

You can still eat fast food - but just choose the restaurant's lower-calorie options.

I lost 80 lbs and hit my goal weight, and I had fast food and soda about once or twice a week.

From McDonald's I'd have a cheeseburger and small fries... all the fun, fewer calories.

From KFC, I'd have a zinger burger, or a popcorn chicken snack box.

When having pizza, I'd have just one or two slices.

And I wouldn't have the drink that comes with the meal deal, I'd buy the mini 200 ml cans of Coke or Pepsi.

It's OK to eat fast food in moderation. Deprivation diets just make you want more of the stuff in bigger portions.

So don't think you've failed or give up if you eat it just once!
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    @Orphia thank you for the insight. That's an awesome amount of weight to have lost. You should be very proud. As for deprivation diets go, I absolutely agree with you. I started this group not for the purpose of deprivation, but to have support in breaking the addiction to fast food. I don't expect myself or anyone else to completely give fast food up for life. I do think this is a good place to start in any healthy weight loss journey. This is simply a place to come for support. I have eaten fast food in moderation but now find myself turning back to old habits. I want to break this cycle of losing weight and gaining it back so I thought this was a good place to start.
  • amybnash
    amybnash Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Today, I had a job interview. In my nervousness, I left the house without eating lunch...completely forgot. I realized how hungry I was on my way. I struggled with what to do. I ended up going to Taco Bell and getting the Power chicken burrito. Not a bad choice, but I realize that I have to plan better and be more aware. I'm not going to beat myself up because this is real life and I think I chose wisely. 450 calories, no soda, no fries. This is progress for me! The true test is to not fall back into old habits of combo meals every day. I will break this addiction! BTW, I lost 2 lbs last week! Yay!
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    That's what I'm talkin' about! Well Done @amybnash
  • kellibee2000
    kellibee2000 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Flopped @ lunch, but not as bad as usual. Prepared lunch for tomorrow tonite so I don't fall into the trap again. :s
    Although I don't drink much soda, i am hooked on coffee with flavor & cream. Switching to sugar free flavor & milk to get less calories. Trying to limit to one first thing, but I love one during my afternoon slump too
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @Orphia thank you for the insight. That's an awesome amount of weight to have lost. You should be very proud. As for deprivation diets go, I absolutely agree with you. I started this group not for the purpose of deprivation, but to have support in breaking the addiction to fast food. I don't expect myself or anyone else to completely give fast food up for life. I do think this is a good place to start in any healthy weight loss journey. This is simply a place to come for support. I have eaten fast food in moderation but now find myself turning back to old habits. I want to break this cycle of losing weight and gaining it back so I thought this was a good place to start.

Thanks!

That's great, and I applaud your efforts. Best wishes.