arniedog74 wrote: »
    No dinner after 9:00.... Will try for earlier most nights... No snacking after 10:00
    Me: 1
    LNS: 0
    Streak: 73

Me: 2
    Streak: 74

Me: 3
    LNS :
    No dinner after 9:00.... Will try for earlier most nights... No snacking after 10:00

Streak: 74[/q

Streak: 75

Me: 4
    Streak: 76

Me: 5
    Streak: 77

Me: 6
    Streak: 78

Me: 7
    Streak: 79

Me: 8
    Streak: 80

Me: 9
    Streak: 81

Me: 10
    Streak: 82

Me: 11
    Streak: 83

Me: 12
    Streak: 84

Me: 13
    Streak: 85

Me: 14
    Streak: 86

Me: 15
    Streak: 87

Me: 16
    Streak: 88

Me: 17
    Streak: 89

Me: 18
    Streak: 90

Me: 19
    Streak: 91

Me: 20
    Streak: 92

Me: 21
    Streak: 93

Me: 22
    Streak: 94

Me: 23
    LNS : 0
    Streak: 95
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    WalkerPop wrote: »
    I keep hearing that late night snacking isn't bad really. Your metabolism never turns off. You can snack before bed and still be fine. It's really about what you're eating and how much. As long as it fits into your deficit and your macros then you should be fine. Although I, myself, try not to late night snack unless I still have calories to use do not eating all of my exercise calories back.

I'll answer for myself, though I've learned I'm far from unique on this thread. For me Late Night Snacking, or LNS, is not about math or biology. I didn't get to be my size because I didn't understand that if I put more calories in my mouth than than I expended in my efforts I would gain weight. I. Get. That.

My problem …OK, one of my problems is that at certain times my brain, or at least my logic, short circuits or turns off. I've found myself pulling away from a drive through line of a fast food restaurant - where I'd intended to order a drink or salad (something healthy-ish) - with a bag of burger and fries …supersized! I'll sit to watch a movie and, knowing I have "calories left," absently grab a snack, and then another and another. My bride calls it "grazing."

Niether example is anything so melodramatic as a blackout or "another personality took over." I just developed habit patterns over 52 years on this planet that my brain tends to follow. I'm slowly (identifying and) attempting to overwrite them. (The above are just two of many examples, too.)

They are (and the resulting size of my body is) the result of living by impulse. Being steered by impulse. LNS is just one area, but it's one where I've purposed not to let impulse rule. By making a conscious plan, I choose not to LNS anymore. If I eat after my cutoff, it's planned and on purpose. I wish I had a handle on all my weaknesses, but this one will not rule me anymore!

It's not about math. If the above rings true to you, you're not alone. If it doesn't, this thread probably won't benefit you. I hope you find one that does.

- Vance

Well said. So many of us have problems with control and weakness regarding late night snacking. This challenge is to help us being aware of those and try to conquer those one day at a time.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    July 23

Me: 22*
    LNS: 1
    Streak: 2 :'(

Well, my streak has been broken. I caved in Thursday. I had a feeling it would come one day soon. Since I've lost my weight, I haven't been as disciplined with watching what I eat, and the "when" part happened Thursday. Fortunately, it was just one day. It just goes to show that no matter what the streak one has, it is still a battle. I'm determined to keep my new streak going.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    lamlam2013 wrote: »
    July 23

Well, my streak has been broken. I caved in Thursday. I had a feeling it would come one day soon. Since I've lost my weight, I haven't been as disciplined with watching what I eat, and the "when" part happened Thursday. Fortunately, it was just one day. It just goes to show that no matter what the streak one has, it is still a battle. I'm determined to keep my new streak going.

It happens. But, you are strong and yer determination will keep you focused.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
  • WalkerPop
    WalkerPop Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    July Late Night Snacking Goals Update:
    • Eat nothing after 8:30pm 25/31 nights. 22/25
    • Eat nothing after 10:30pm 6/31 nights of my choice. 1/6
    • Choose to adult, instead of impulse today.

Me: 23* :smile:
    Streak: 219
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    LNS: 2*

Birthday party for my Dad's 70th!

New day!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

Streak: 74

LNS :

Streak: 74[/q

Streak: 75

Streak: 76

Streak: 77

Me: 6
    Streak: 78

Me: 7
    Streak: 79

Me: 8
    Streak: 80

Me: 9
    Streak: 81

Me: 10
    Streak: 82

Me: 11
    Streak: 83

Me: 12
    Streak: 84

Me: 13
    Streak: 85

Me: 14
    Streak: 86

Me: 15
    Streak: 87

Me: 16
    Streak: 88

Me: 17
    Streak: 89

Me: 18
    Streak: 90

Me: 19
    Streak: 91

Me: 20
    Streak: 92

Me: 21
    Streak: 93

Streak: 94

Me: 23
    LNS : 0
    Streak: 95

Me: 24
    Streak: 96
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    This week:
    LNS: 2
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    LNS: 2
    Streak: 1 :)
  • WalkerPop
    WalkerPop Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    July Late Night Snacking Goals Update:
    • Eat nothing after 8:30pm 25/31 nights. 23/25
    • Eat nothing after 10:30pm 6/31 nights of my choice. 1/6
    • Choose to adult, instead of impulse today.

Me: 24* :smile:
    Streak: 220
  • summertime19
    summertime19 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Please count me in!

Me:
    LNS:
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    July 23

It happens. But, you are strong and yer determination will keep you focused.

Thank you. :-)
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Please count me in!

Me:
    LNS:

Welcome!
  • summertime19
    summertime19 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Please count me in!

Me:
    LNS:

Welcome!

Thank you!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    LNS: 6
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,289 Member
    Options
    ~~~July Goals~~~~

1. No snacking after 8:00 (only fruit) 6/7 days
    2. Allow ONE NIGHT PER WEEK Mon - Sun (ONE LATE NIGHT SNACK)

July 25
    Me: 19*
    LNS: 6
    Streak: 2*
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,289 Member
    Options
    WalkerPop wrote: »
    I keep hearing that late night snacking isn't bad really. Your metabolism never turns off. You can snack before bed and still be fine. It's really about what you're eating and how much. As long as it fits into your deficit and your macros then you should be fine. Although I, myself, try not to late night snack unless I still have calories to use do not eating all of my exercise calories back.

I'll answer for myself, though I've learned I'm far from unique on this thread. For me Late Night Snacking, or LNS, is not about math or biology. I didn't get to be my size because I didn't understand that if I put more calories in my mouth than than I expended in my efforts I would gain weight. I. Get. That.

My problem …OK, one of my problems is that at certain times my brain, or at least my logic, short circuits or turns off. I've found myself pulling away from a drive through line of a fast food restaurant - where I'd intended to order a drink or salad (something healthy-ish) - with a bag of burger and fries …supersized! I'll sit to watch a movie and, knowing I have "calories left," absently grab a snack, and then another and another. My bride calls it "grazing."

Niether example is anything so melodramatic as a blackout or "another personality took over." I just developed habit patterns over 52 years on this planet that my brain tends to follow. I'm slowly (identifying and) attempting to overwrite them. (The above are just two of many examples, too.)

They are (and the resulting size of my body is) the result of living by impulse. Being steered by impulse. LNS is just one area, but it's one where I've purposed not to let impulse rule. By making a conscious plan, I choose not to LNS anymore. If I eat after my cutoff, it's planned and on purpose. I wish I had a handle on all my weaknesses, but this one will not rule me anymore!

It's not about math. If the above rings true to you, you're not alone. If it doesn't, this thread probably won't benefit you. I hope you find one that does.

- Vance

Vance, wow, THIS is totally me, :( I've also came to realize, I need to plan my menu. I chose NOT to LNS because it turns into a total binge feast, :(! If I do eat something after my cut off its some kind of fruit.

06071965 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This is my downfall! Seeing it in print will definitely help. Lets do it together