l'carnitine injections did anyone try them!!

Options

Replies

• bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    If he is taking T3, "glen" which I assume actually is meant to start with a "C" then I wouldn't be suprised if he lost 15kg. T3 is a thyroid drug and "glen" is a powerful fat burner. The L-carnatine injections are the least potent of the 3.

This, he is taking Clen, and using T3 because the Clen slows down the conversion of T4 to T3, and then stacking it with L-Carnitine. It's what a lot of body builders use while getting ready for a show, not sure why he is pushing it on you, especially since the Clen is probably doing most of the work.

• wessx1
    wessx1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    T3 as in the thyroid hormone T3? If so, that is a prescription medication and should not be taken without the supervision of an endocrinologist.

Taking that without needing to (I.e. You don't have hypothyroidism) can lead to things like erratic heartbeat, heart palpitations and death.

I am a thyroid patient :p but i second you if a non-thyroid patient would take those pills (like him) but surprisingly they are working magic on him
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Ever heard of a good diet and a bit of exercise?
  • Hemlon
    Hemlon Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    wessx1 wrote: »
    Personal opinion, stay well clear. Fact, l'carnitine injections did not make your friend lose 15kg. They could well have aided her weight loss, its not a miracle fat burner, she would have still been a significant calorie deficit and I have no doubt she would have lost that weight with or without the injections. You realise they are more of a bodybuilders tool than a weight loss tool?

Edit: 15kg in 4 weeks is a huge loss, doubtful of the validity of the claim.

I don't really understand how they work ,i casually asked him and he told me about those injections, but trust me he is not obese and he did lose 15 kgs in a month ,he also takes t3 pills i assume or something along with the injections and it worked fine with him
    He told me that he can help me lose weight with those injections and i am not sure

And let me guess.....he just HAPPENS to sell these injections. Oh, cupcake, your naivete is showing.
  • wessx1
    Options
    bagge72 wrote: »
    If he is taking T3, "glen" which I assume actually is meant to start with a "C" then I wouldn't be suprised if he lost 15kg. T3 is a thyroid drug and "glen" is a powerful fat burner. The L-carnatine injections are the least potent of the 3.

This, he is taking Clen, and using T3 because the Clen slows down the conversion of T4 to T3, and then stacking it with L-Carnitine. It's what a lot of body builders use while getting ready for a show, not sure why he is pushing it on you, especially since the Clen is probably doing most of the work.

He is not pushing it into me when . Frankly ,when i saw his weight dropping down so rapidly ,i feel i would want to try this too
    I am already a thyroid patient and i struggle triple
    A normal person would to lose weight ,despite my figure being fit ,we naturally as humans always look for methods to help us reach our targets faster ,i will not disagree to all the posts here ,but i witnessed his case carefully and closely ,there must be also something right which is making him lose so fast
  • wessx1
    Options

Exactly ,if all what is being used will help in weight loss ,it's no surprise he lost the weight i indicated earlier which most of people here are diagreeying to :p
  • wessx1
    Options
    scoii wrote: »
    It's strange how all these wonder products are never used by a lot of people or prescribed by doctors.

If this, as well as any other product/diet worked so well then there would be no obesity in the richer parts of the world. It's much cheaper to give people these drugs than treat the heart disease and diabetes of someone obese.

Maybe people are still unaware of these products in the market because they are not advertised at all ,yes these medications are meant for certain type of people like how plastic surgeries are meant for 45+ people you find teenager rushing into them more ;)
  • wessx1
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hemlon wrote: »
    Personal opinion, stay well clear. Fact, l'carnitine injections did not make your friend lose 15kg. They could well have aided her weight loss, its not a miracle fat burner, she would have still been a significant calorie deficit and I have no doubt she would have lost that weight with or without the injections. You realise they are more of a bodybuilders tool than a weight loss tool?

Edit: 15kg in 4 weeks is a huge loss, doubtful of the validity of the claim.

I don't really understand how they work ,i casually asked him and he told me about those injections, but trust me he is not obese and he did lose 15 kgs in a month ,he also takes t3 pills i assume or something along with the injections and it worked fine with him
    He told me that he can help me lose weight with those injections and i am not sure

And let me guess.....he just HAPPENS to sell these injections. Oh, cupcake, your naivete is showing.

Huh, And who are you to judge my capabilities and skills?? ..i asked a question either you share your background about what i asked or my advice is you save your useless comment :)
    And don't send me msgs on private again please
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options

@wessx1:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hollywoods-dangerous-weight-loss-secret/

...More people seem to be turning to drugs like Clenbuterol, which is approved in the United States to treat asthma in horses. The side effect of Clenbuterol, or "Clen," is that it builds muscle and results in temporary weight loss.

"I hear it a lot in my gym, and it's a dangerous drug," Hollywood fitness trainer Jackie Warner said. "There isn't a magic pill. If there was … I'm a business person, I'd be selling it; I'd be taking it."

But in Hollywood, some people are willing to trade their health to be thin.
  • wessx1
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

@wessx1:

...More people seem to be turning to drugs like Clenbuterol, which is approved in the United States to treat asthma in horses. The side effect of Clenbuterol, or "Clen," is that it builds muscle and results in temporary weight loss.

"I hear it a lot in my gym, and it's a dangerous drug," Hollywood fitness trainer Jackie Warner said. "There isn't a magic pill. If there was … I'm a business person, I'd be selling it; I'd be taking it."

Thank you for the information, i totally agree the whole world is drifting towards these drugs.
    I know that they are were used for horses and non of the vitamin injections are( till date) approved by the food and drug administration however, the only currently approved ones are
    " Saxenda" by both the fda in USA and BPS Australia and currently available in the nhs in the UK .The product was developed to treat diabetic patients but this is the case with all meds,they start off for something and end up being something else.
    Although no enough studies were proven regarding the l'carnitine injections (or the rest of the injections-refer to the fda site for the list) i personally witnessed the how they worked for my friend .
    I do not agree to the logic of it being safe but the majic it did on him is also not something i can deney.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

@wessx1:

It certainly isn't magic, but it does work, otherwise people wouldn't take it. A vast majority of athletes/bodybuilders/actors etc take it to speed up fat loss. However like all things, it is NOT a substitute for a caloric deficit.
  • wessx1
    Options

@wessx1:

It certainly isn't magic, but it does work, otherwise people wouldn't take it. A vast majority of athletes/bodybuilders/actors etc take it to speed up fat loss. However like all things, it is NOT a substitute for a caloric deficit.

Agreed :)
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options

He is not pushing it into me when . Frankly ,when i saw his weight dropping down so rapidly ,i feel i would want to try this too
    A normal person would to lose weight ,despite my figure being fit ,we naturally as humans always look for methods to help us reach our targets faster ,i will not disagree to all the posts here ,but i witnessed his case carefully and closely ,there must be also something right which is making him lose so fast

It doesn't seem like you followed his case that closely or carefully since you didn't know anything about what he was taking, or the actual names, and you must not trust him since you came here to ask about them instead of him, and he is pushing them on you since he said "He told me that he can help me lose weight with those injections" instead of helping you do it with diet and exercise. I mean it is pretty clear that you have your mind made up that you want to take them.

• Hemlon
    Hemlon Posts: 37 Member
    Options

It doesn't seem like you followed his case that closely or carefully since you didn't know anything about what he was taking, or the actual names, and you must not trust him since you came here to ask about them instead of him, and he is pushing them on you since he said "He told me that he can help me lose weight with those injections" instead of helping you do it with diet and exercise. I mean it is pretty clear that you have your mind made up that you want to take them.

Exactly. Well stated, bagge72.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Just curious why you would trust a nonmedical person with hocus pocus weight loss injections, but not trust tried and true CICO? Sorry, but I doubt anyone here will have your back.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    l'carnitine injections for fat burn did anyone try them?? My friend lost 15 kgs in one month but i am unsure if i should take them or not and are they safe ?

I guarantee you, if anything other than a calorie deficit causes weight loss, it is not good. Don't look for quick magical ways to lose weight, but instead at a calorie deficit to lose weight slowly so that you can create a lifestyle change.

• SLLRunner
    Options
    Is he a doctor? If someone who is not a doctor wants to inject you with something.... no. Just no.

He is not a dr but he is into this for the past 12 years , he takes t3, glen & l-carnitine injections along worh excersising and proteins. Yes i might sound crazy . I am not defending him for him to risk doing all this by himself without any expert's consultation but i must admit that it worked with him as i myself witnessed his loss.
    I just wanted to see if anyone around here is into vitamin injections or if someone experienced this too

Really.....you are defending him.

Point blank: don't fall for his line of bull. Unless he's on something speed-like, he lost weight from a calorie deficit. I'm sure taking all those extra pills filled him up enough to not want to eat as much. :open_mouth:

Do tell- why are you after a quick fix?

What are your stats? How much do you have to lose?

• SLLRunner
    Options

@wessx1:

Thank you for the information, i totally agree the whole world is drifting towards these drugs.
    I know that they are were used for horses and non of the vitamin injections are( till date) approved by the food and drug administration however, the only currently approved ones are
    " Saxenda" by both the fda in USA and BPS Australia and currently available in the nhs in the UK .The product was developed to treat diabetic patients but this is the case with all meds,they start off for something and end up being something else.
    Although no enough studies were proven regarding the l'carnitine injections (or the rest of the injections-refer to the fda site for the list) i personally witnessed the how they worked for my friend .
    I do not agree to the logic of it being safe but the majic it did on him is also not something i can deney.

Please read my prior reply.

There is not magic when it comes to weight loss.

• minniemoo1972
    minniemoo1972 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    I hear meth does wonders for weight loss, but I'm not willing to try it.

Heroin also works a charm.....