l'carnitine injections did anyone try them!!

Options

Replies

• wessx1
    wessx1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bagge72 wrote: »
    wessx1 wrote: »
    If he is taking T3, "glen" which I assume actually is meant to start with a "C" then I wouldn't be suprised if he lost 15kg. T3 is a thyroid drug and "glen" is a powerful fat burner. The L-carnatine injections are the least potent of the 3.

This, he is taking Clen, and using T3 because the Clen slows down the conversion of T4 to T3, and then stacking it with L-Carnitine. It's what a lot of body builders use while getting ready for a show, not sure why he is pushing it on you, especially since the Clen is probably doing most of the work.

He is not pushing it into me when . Frankly ,when i saw his weight dropping down so rapidly ,i feel i would want to try this too
    I am already a thyroid patient and i struggle triple
    A normal person would to lose weight ,despite my figure being fit ,we naturally as humans always look for methods to help us reach our targets faster ,i will not disagree to all the posts here ,but i witnessed his case carefully and closely ,there must be also something right which is making him lose so fast

It doesn't seem like you followed his case that closely or carefully since you didn't know anything about what he was taking, or the actual names, and you must not trust him since you came here to ask about them instead of him, and he is pushing them on you since he said "He told me that he can help me lose weight with those injections" instead of helping you do it with diet and exercise. I mean it is pretty clear that you have your mind made up that you want to take them.
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    If he is taking T3, "glen" which I assume actually is meant to start with a "C" then I wouldn't be suprised if he lost 15kg. T3 is a thyroid drug and "glen" is a powerful fat burner. The L-carnatine injections are the least potent of the 3.

This, he is taking Clen, and using T3 because the Clen slows down the conversion of T4 to T3, and then stacking it with L-Carnitine. It's what a lot of body builders use while getting ready for a show, not sure why he is pushing it on you, especially since the Clen is probably doing most of the work.

@wessx1:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hollywoods-dangerous-weight-loss-secret/

...More people seem to be turning to drugs like Clenbuterol, which is approved in the United States to treat asthma in horses. The side effect of Clenbuterol, or "Clen," is that it builds muscle and results in temporary weight loss.

"I hear it a lot in my gym, and it's a dangerous drug," Hollywood fitness trainer Jackie Warner said. "There isn't a magic pill. If there was … I'm a business person, I'd be selling it; I'd be taking it."

But in Hollywood, some people are willing to trade their health to be thin.

Thank you for the information, i totally agree the whole world is drifting towards these drugs.
    I know that they are were used for horses and non of the vitamin injections are( till date) approved by the food and drug administration however, the only currently approved ones are
    " Saxenda" by both the fda in USA and BPS Australia and currently available in the nhs in the UK .The product was developed to treat diabetic patients but this is the case with all meds,they start off for something and end up being something else.
    Although no enough studies were proven regarding the l'carnitine injections (or the rest of the injections-refer to the fda site for the list) i personally witnessed the how they worked for my friend .
    I do not agree to the logic of it being safe but the majic it did on him is also not something i can deney.

Please read my prior reply.

There is not magic when it comes to weight loss.

Sorry to say but It did work magic in his case :)
  • wessx1
    Options
    Is he a doctor? If someone who is not a doctor wants to inject you with something.... no. Just no.

He is not a dr but he is into this for the past 12 years , he takes t3, glen & l-carnitine injections along worh excersising and proteins. Yes i might sound crazy . I am not defending him for him to risk doing all this by himself without any expert's consultation but i must admit that it worked with him as i myself witnessed his loss.
    I just wanted to see if anyone around here is into vitamin injections or if someone experienced this too

Really.....you are defending him.

Point blank: don't fall for his line of bull. Unless he's on something speed-like, he lost weight from a calorie deficit. I'm sure taking all those extra pills filled him up enough to not want to eat as much. :open_mouth:

Do tell- why are you after a quick fix?

What are your stats? How much do you have to lose?

I am 168 cm height and 124 lbs in weight
    i am looking to drop 7-8 lbs more
    i am not desperate to lose weight i have a very in-shape figure and i am slowely losing but curiousity is a killer
    We tend to always look for shortcuts
    If i can compact what i can do in 3 months to one month wouldn't it attract humans to try out such things?
    It's a normal reaction i believe
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Is he a doctor? If someone who is not a doctor wants to inject you with something.... no. Just no.

He is not a dr but he is into this for the past 12 years , he takes t3, glen & l-carnitine injections along worh excersising and proteins. Yes i might sound crazy . I am not defending him for him to risk doing all this by himself without any expert's consultation but i must admit that it worked with him as i myself witnessed his loss.
    I just wanted to see if anyone around here is into vitamin injections or if someone experienced this too

Point blank: don't fall for his line of bull. Unless he's on something speed-like, he lost weight from a calorie deficit. I'm sure taking all those extra pills filled him up enough to not want to eat as much. :open_mouth:

i am not desperate to lose weight i have a very in-shape figure and i am slowely losing but curiousity is a killer
    If i can compact what i can do in 3 months to one month wouldn't it attract humans to try out such things?

I learned my lesson with phen/fen. No more shortcuts for me. Not worth it.

Phen/fen DID work like magic, but so not worth it.
  • wessx1
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    Just curious why you would trust a nonmedical person with hocus pocus weight loss injections, but not trust tried and true CICO? Sorry, but I doubt anyone here will have your back.

I will not disagree with you at all but looking at it from his side bearing in mind that (1) he is into this for the past 12 years (2) he takes these medicines and injections based on certain calculations consulting a dr and a trainer (3) worked perfect with him in a month time are all things a take into consideration as well ,
    Plus all bodybuilders are into these things anyway i never heard anyone died from these injections
  • wessx1
    Options
    l'carnitine injections for fat burn did anyone try them?? My friend lost 15 kgs in one month but i am unsure if i should take them or not and are they safe ?

I guarantee you, if anything other than a calorie deficit causes weight loss, it is not good. Don't look for quick magical ways to lose weight, but instead at a calorie deficit to lose weight slowly so that you can create a lifestyle change.

Just curious how can you guarentee this? I mean no offence but Did you try them to give your feedback? Or do you know someone who did? Amd why shouldn't i look for faster ways? Convince me
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I personally, do not look for shortcuts. Or even over aggressive natural weight loss methods (a large caloric deficit) because I care about my long term health and aesthetic too.

I watched a BBC documentary about doping and how it is filtering into the general public more and more. They showed clips from YT of body builders self medicating with all sorts of untested concoctions, with them encouraging others to do the same. The presenter is a doctor and was completely horrified by them using themselves as human guinea pigs. Which is essentially what your friend did and what you want to do. I can't think of many more terrible ideas.

It also looked at how we are only now seeing the effects that long term steroid use has as the first big users, the Arnie generation, start ageing and running into all the long term side effects. Same with one of the Canadian sprinters they interviewed who says he has all sorts of issues because of his doping. None of it is worth it. Much less worth it when you're just doing it for *kitten* and giggles and because "curiosity".

• wessx1
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

I learned my lesson with phen/fen. No more shortcuts for me. Not worth it.

Phen/fen DID work like magic, but so not worth it.

PhenQ are pills l'carnitine are injections
    PhenQ are weight loss suppliments
    L'carnitine injections are fat burner injections :p
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,368 Member
    Options
    No, they didn't die from the injections themselves, they just wore out their bodies and died young.

There are several natural responses that the body has to all hormones:
    1. When they are in excess, the body quits producing them - i.e. in this case, the body shuts down normal thyroid production (which may or may not restart after you quit taking the hormone)
    2. This particular hormone basically causes the body to go into hyperdrive which places a lot of extra stress on the heart, kidneys and liver (just to mention a few minor organs that are affected)
    3. If the body does not reset and start producing the hormones, then you are stuck taking the hormones for the rest of your life

Google the affects of steriod abuse if you do not believe me - most people who abuse 'roids die young from the extra stress that is placed on the body and there is no reason to believe that abuse of this hormone won't yield the same results.

It is your decision to make, but you really should consider ALL of the consequences that can happen and not just the short-term goal of weight loss.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Just curious why you would trust a nonmedical person with hocus pocus weight loss injections, but not trust tried and true CICO? Sorry, but I doubt anyone here will have your back.

I will not disagree with you at all but looking at it from his side bearing in mind that (1) he is into this for the past 12 years (2) he takes these medicines and injections based on certain calculations consulting a dr and a trainer (3) worked perfect with him in a month time are all things a take into consideration as well ,
    Plus all bodybuilders are into these things anyway i never heard anyone died from these injections

Generalized statement that is so not true. Sounds like you have made your mind up so let us know in 30 days about the amazing loss you have so you can be the MFP case study.
  • wessx1
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    No, they didn't die from the injections themselves, they just wore out their bodies and died young.

1. When they are in excess, the body quits producing them - i.e. in this case, the body shuts down normal thyroid production (which may or may not restart after you quit taking the hormone)
    2. This particular hormone basically causes the body to go into hyperdrive which places a lot of extra stress on the heart, kidneys and liver (just to mention a few minor organs that are affected)
    3. If the body does not reset and start producing the hormones, then you are stuck taking the hormones for the rest of your life

Google the affects of steriod abuse if you do not believe me - most people who abuse 'roids die young from the extra stress that is placed on the body and there is no reason to believe that abuse of this hormone won't yield the same results.

It is your decision to make, but you really should consider ALL of the consequences that can happen and not just the short-term goal of weight loss.

Thank you for your elaborated post
    The concequences you indicated relate to Steroids only and steroids are different than vitamins/fat burner injections
    The use and abuse of something should be applied not only for this case senario but on everything in life
    If you over use anything it will hit back on you badly/wrongly so i don't see that you answered my question in regards to l'carnitine :p
  • VintageFeline
    Options

Thank you for your elaborated post
    The concequences you indicated relate to Steroids only and steroids are different than vitamins/fat burner injections
    The use and abuse of something should be applied not only for this case senario but on everything in life
    If you over use anything it will hit back on you badly/wrongly so i don't see that you answered my question in regards to l'carnitine :p

Look. Just take it. No-one here is going to get on board and cheer you on because what you're proposing is untested and potentially dangerous in the short or long term.

• wessx1
    Options
    I personally, do not look for shortcuts. Or even over aggressive natural weight loss methods (a large caloric deficit) because I care about my long term health and aesthetic too.

I watched a BBC documentary about doping and how it is filtering into the general public more and more. They showed clips from YT of body builders self medicating with all sorts of untested concoctions, with them encouraging others to do the same. The presenter is a doctor and was completely horrified by them using themselves as human guinea pigs. Which is essentially what your friend did and what you want to do. I can't think of many more terrible ideas.

It also looked at how we are only now seeing the effects that long term steroid use has as the first big users, the Arnie generation, start ageing and running into all the long term side effects. Same with one of the Canadian sprinters they interviewed who says he has all sorts of issues because of his doping. None of it is worth it. Much less worth it when you're just doing it for *kitten* and giggles and because "curiosity".

Again these injections are not steroid they are vitamins/fat burner injections they are completely different than steroid :)
  • VintageFeline
    Options

Again these injections are not steroid they are vitamins/fat burner injections they are completely different than steroid :)

I didn't say what you want to take are steroids. My point was the emerging long term health consequences. Something that can happen with a lot of untested, new or unknown drugs down the line. Human guinea pigs.

I give no f**ks what they are supposed to do, they're off label, self administered and so a terrible idea.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,368 Member
    Options
    no they aren't - T3 is a hormone produced by the thyroid, it is not a vitamin nor is it a 'fat-burner' injection... and as such adding more of it to the body than the body naturally produces has long-term consequences...

but given that you actually do not want to hear anyone try and convince you of some very basic facts and all you are looking for is validation for taking them (and I seriously doubt that you will get that here)... just go take them like you planned on doing in the first place...
  • wessx1
    Options

Generalized statement that is so not true. Sounds like you have made your mind up so let us know in 30 days about the amazing loss you have so you can be the MFP case study.

It's a proven case i cant deney what i saw to be honest
    Plus what makes you different? I mean with all due respect You are not a dr either so what is your experience in this?
    Well If i fail to lose my targeted weight in two weeks time i will try these out and will definately let you know
  • wessx1
    Options
    no they aren't - T3 is a hormone produced by the thyroid, it is not a vitamin nor is it a 'fat-burner' injection... and as such adding more of it to the body than the body naturally produces has long-term consequences...

but given that you actually do not want to hear anyone try and convince you of some very basic facts and all you are looking for is validation for taking them (and I seriously doubt that you will get that here)... just go take them like you planned on doing in the first place...

T3 pills yes are hormonic pills
    L'carnitine injections are vitamin injections
    T3 and t4 perform together to produce what the body required to activate the tsh in our bodies
    I am thyroid patient already and i do take those pills anyway
    Likewise how you take a cup of coffee or redbull to enhance your body function when you are tired or lazy these pills will enhance your activity level which will lead to burning more cals if you will work out
    Whilest i disagree that a non-thyroid patient should take them i don't see any harm for a thyroid patient who already is taking them to continue or take a bit stronger dose to lose/burn more
    If you read my post properly i was asking if anyone tried the injections and could share their experience ,it's very clear that i was not asking for an advice :)
    But thanks to you anyway
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    “This supplement could give you as much thyroid hormone as you get in a prescription drug or more,” said Dr. Victor Bernet, chairman of endocrinology at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and senior author of the study. He became interested in so-called thyroid-support supplements after seeing a patient with inexplicable test results. The patient eventually admitted that he had been taking a supplement that a friend recommended for “low energy.”

Thyroid disease is common — and more common in women, affecting one in 10 over age 50. Patients may suffer fatigue, lethargy and weight gain, but not everyone with those symptoms has the illness. Patients taking thyroid hormone should be checked regularly by a physician, Dr. Bernet said.

“Thyroid hormone has a narrow therapeutic window,” he said, and “it’s easy to go over or under” the optimal dosages.

Taking too much can disrupt the body’s ability to regulate hormone levels, and actually may trigger thyroid disease in a healthy person, Dr. Bernet said. Excessive doses of thyroid hormone also can cause anxiety, insomnia and emotional changes, as well as bone loss and serious heart problems.

Is it worth risking your health?

well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/01/20/thyroid-supplements-with-a-kick/?_r=0
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    i am not desperate to lose weight

But you are very desperate to market and defend injections.

Smacks of reseller here.

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options

It's a proven case i cant deney what i saw to be honest
    Plus what makes you different? I mean with all due respect You are not a dr either so what is your experience in this?
    Well If i fail to lose my targeted weight in two weeks time i will try these out and will definately let you know

One case does not make it true for the population.
    I'm a physician assistant which make me probably more qualified than you to know taking injections recommended by a "trainer" does not make it a healthy or wise decision. The only doctors I know who recommend injections are for bariatric patients or patients with pernicious anemia who require B12 since their body cannot absorb it. Never heard of anyone recommending what you are trying to advocate.
    Again you have made your decision. As you have discovered no one here is going to come to your defense. Best of luck to you and your weight loss. Again another crash dieter looking for a quick fix who will only gain it back when they resume their normal ways of eating.