l'carnitine injections did anyone try them!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    wessx1 wrote: »
    “This supplement could give you as much thyroid hormone as you get in a prescription drug or more,” said Dr. Victor Bernet, chairman of endocrinology at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and senior author of the study. He became interested in so-called thyroid-support supplements after seeing a patient with inexplicable test results. The patient eventually admitted that he had been taking a supplement that a friend recommended for “low energy.”

Thyroid disease is common — and more common in women, affecting one in 10 over age 50. Patients may suffer fatigue, lethargy and weight gain, but not everyone with those symptoms has the illness. Patients taking thyroid hormone should be checked regularly by a physician, Dr. Bernet said.

“Thyroid hormone has a narrow therapeutic window,” he said, and “it’s easy to go over or under” the optimal dosages.

Taking too much can disrupt the body’s ability to regulate hormone levels, and actually may trigger thyroid disease in a healthy person, Dr. Bernet said. Excessive doses of thyroid hormone also can cause anxiety, insomnia and emotional changes, as well as bone loss and serious heart problems.

Is it worth risking your health?

well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/01/20/thyroid-supplements-with-a-kick/?_r=0

Not true
    Whilest i agree to the article i also must say that not every case is the same
    Do you know that the thyroid gland getts attacks? In my case my dose keeps changing and shifting from high to low and i have to adjust my dose accordingly?
    The article is correct but it speaks generally about the standard thyroid cases and NOT all

I am never going to jeopradize my health but if i fail to reach my goal i might consider giving it a try

Since you are already on thyroid meds, have you spoken with your doctor about this plan? Seems like that would be a more appropriate place to start than random internet strangers. Then again for 7-8 vanity pounds, pretty sure you already know his answer.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    l'carnitine injections for fat burn did anyone try them?? My friend lost 15 kgs in one month but i am unsure if i should take them or not and are they safe ?

I guarantee you, if anything other than a calorie deficit causes weight loss, it is not good. Don't look for quick magical ways to lose weight, but instead at a calorie deficit to lose weight slowly so that you can create a lifestyle change.

Just curious how can you guarentee this? I mean no offence but Did you try them to give your feedback? Or do you know someone who did? Amd why shouldn't i look for faster ways? Convince me

I'm not offended. ;)

Did I try to give whom my feedback? Why should I try to convince you that trying to lose weight by some way other than a calorie deficit is not safe? It seems to be your mind is already made up that your friend experienced magic weight loss. :)

Why do you want to look for a faster way to lose weight? You are 5 ft 6 and weigh 124 pounds, and you want to lose 7 or 8 more pounds? That will put you at 117-118 pounds, which will make you on the high end of underweight. http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm.

You are very convinced that this "injection" is magic because your friend has convinced you he lost all that weight by taking it. Based on this, and that fact that you want to lose weight quickly when you are already at a normal weight, sounds like you might have some issues that can be addressed with professional help.

• SLLRunner
    edited July 2016
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    A. Your mate is juicing. He's taking gear. He's doing clenbuterol/t3 cycles usually used by bodybuilders 8-10 weeks out of a show.

B. Just like everything else you still require a calorie deficit. Non of the above mentioned compounds are 'fat burners'. They act in ways to increase fat loss in a calorie deficit, as well as loss of all other fuel sources (see point D.)

C. You will gain weight post cycle, as you have suppressed normal thyroid function.

D. You mate is also probably taking anabolics to offset the fact that he's turned his body in to a catabolic monster. T3 depletes atp stores so rapidly that in an attempt provide adequate fuel to the body and replenish atp stores your body has to turn to muscle tissue as well as to body fat.

E. These drugs are dangerous even in the hands of seasoned users. You have no idea what you are doing, stay well away.

Lovely explanation
    Thanks for commenting
    Hope the rest here learn :)

Wessx, you hope the rest of us learn what? Did you thoroughly read this post?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Wait

You are a thyroid patient?

And you are tempted to mess around with non prescription hormone/ thyroid meds because you want to lose 7 pounds?

Are you mad?
  • wessx1
    wessx1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    A. Your mate is juicing. He's taking gear. He's doing clenbuterol/t3 cycles usually used by bodybuilders 8-10 weeks out of a show.

B. Just like everything else you still require a calorie deficit. Non of the above mentioned compounds are 'fat burners'. They act in ways to increase fat loss in a calorie deficit, as well as loss of all other fuel sources (see point D.)

C. You will gain weight post cycle, as you have suppressed normal thyroid function.

D. You mate is also probably taking anabolics to offset the fact that he's turned his body in to a catabolic monster. T3 depletes atp stores so rapidly that in an attempt provide adequate fuel to the body and replenish atp stores your body has to turn to muscle tissue as well as to body fat.

E. These drugs are dangerous even in the hands of seasoned users. You have no idea what you are doing, stay well away.

Lovely explanation
    Thanks for commenting

I hope that the rest will learn how "to share information" rather than attacking and providing advices without any valid point
    everyone jumping to their own assumption and theories without addressing my points
    I can see that i hadlogical replies to all who commented when no one managed to provide a satisfactory answer to (1) wether they tried them (2) know anyone who did (3)heard about a case on "those" injections precisely
    Everything natural is better (agreed) we are in 2016 and the field of medicine developed a lot so why not take advantage of it?
    Why shall i listen to anyone here? My friend is not a doctor neither any of whoever posted above ..atleast my friend have 12 years experience in this

I was agreeying to many opnions in which i felt are being logical here but i still see that my claim about the injections is strong still because no one gave answers

Coffee ,cigarettes ,junk food and many other things are all dagerous things to our health but people still have them
    L'carnitine is sold as pills as well (which i am sure none from the above who commented knew) but people naturally have trypanophobia hearing the word "injections"

I am convinced that "they did magic" to my friend NOT "they are magic" even if i will agree that they are bad atleast he took them right

I hope you are able to see things from my side it's important when you negotiate

Well Idk if it will put me in underweight category i guess i need to read up on this
    Ill check the link and get back

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

This^^^^^. T3 taken without anabolics will cause massive muscle wastage!
  • Hemlon
    Hemlon Posts: 37 Member
    Options

Lovely explanation
    Thanks for commenting

I hope you are able to see things from my side it's important when you negotiate

You came here looking for opinions and people gave honest opinions. Why get puss just because those opinions didn't support what you want to do?

The bottom line is that it's YOUR body. Put anything in it that you want. YOU are the one who will live with the consequences.
  • SLLRunner
    edited July 2016
    Options

Lovely explanation
    Thanks for commenting

I hope that the rest will learn how "to share information" rather than attacking and providing advices without any valid point
    everyone jumping to their own assumption and theories without addressing my points
    I can see that i hadlogical replies to all who commented when no one managed to provide a satisfactory answer to (1) wether they tried them (2) know anyone who did (3)heard about a case on "those" injections precisely
    Everything natural is better (agreed) we are in 2016 and the field of medicine developed a lot so why not take advantage of it?
    Why shall i listen to anyone here? My friend is not a doctor neither any of whoever posted above ..atleast my friend have 12 years experience in this

I was agreeying to many opnions in which i felt are being logical here but i still see that my claim about the injections is strong still because no one gave answers

Coffee ,cigarettes ,junk food and many other things are all dagerous things to our health but people still have them
    L'carnitine is sold as pills as well (which i am sure none from the above who commented knew) but people naturally have trypanophobia hearing the word "injections"

I am convinced that "they did magic" to my friend NOT "they are magic" even if i will agree that they are bad atleast he took them right

Well Idk if it will put me in underweight category i guess i need to read up on this
    Ill check the link and get back

People gave you honest answers, but it seems to me you did not want to hear those answers. None of us get to say how those answers should be delivered. No offense, but I don't see your answers as logical at all. :)

If you are convinced that the injections "did magic," that is the same thing as saying they "are magic." It doesn't matter what kind of a verb you put in front of magic, the definition remains the same.

If something is bad for you, taking it "right" is irrelevant.

What are you trying to negotiate? It sounds to me like you are rebuffing the truth and trying to get validation and convince others that taking this injection is okay.

Coffee and food (of any kind) are just coffee and food-they are not good or bad.

Cigarettes is a whole other discussion.

And, because of this statement:

I am even more convinced that you need to talk to a professional about issues around weight.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Eat fewer calories. It's not hard.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    xmichaelyx wrote: »
    Eat fewer calories. It's not hard.

Bingo!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    sullus wrote: »
    sullus wrote: »
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    no they aren't - T3 is a hormone produced by the thyroid, it is not a vitamin nor is it a 'fat-burner' injection... and as such adding more of it to the body than the body naturally produces has long-term consequences...

but given that you actually do not want to hear anyone try and convince you of some very basic facts and all you are looking for is validation for taking them (and I seriously doubt that you will get that here)... just go take them like you planned on doing in the first place...

T3 pills yes are hormonic pills
    L'carnitine injections are vitamin injections
    T3 and t4 perform together to produce what the body required to activate the tsh in our bodies
    I am thyroid patient already and i do take those pills anyway
    Likewise how you take a cup of coffee or redbull to enhance your body function when you are tired or lazy these pills will enhance your activity level which will lead to burning more cals if you will work out
    Whilest i disagree that a non-thyroid patient should take them i don't see any harm for a thyroid patient who already is taking them to continue or take a bit stronger dose to lose/burn more
    If you read my post properly i was asking if anyone tried the injections and could share their experience ,it's very clear that i was not asking for an advice :)
    But thanks to you anyway

1. It is L-carnitine.
    2. It is not a vitamin. It is an amino acid.

You've said a couple times its vitamins.

You don't even know what it is that you want to inject into yourself.

Seems pretty *kitten* stupid to me.

You will find that they are called vitamins
    Plus amino acid is good for humans not a harmful thing at all

OK. Logged in and read the term. it is still L-carnitine, not l'carnitine.
    I did not find that they are called vitamins. I guess you need a source there.

I gotta hand it to you .. this is some fair dedication to a troll thread. Either that or we are watching Poe's law in action. Well maybe in this case we can call it Broe's law, since it's about supplements and not politics.

Anyhow .. A- for effort. C+ for content.

http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/ucm403346.htm

Here you go
    All the best

What does that prove? There are several things on that list that are not vitamins.

You're not very good at this.