Golden Milk

Options
2»

Replies

• CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Wow, here in India, adding a pinch of turmeric to warm milk is a common housewife's remedy for curing colds and coughs. Didn't know its all rage now
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    CJsf1t wrote: »
    Wow, here in India, adding a pinch of turmeric to warm milk is a common housewife's remedy for curing colds and coughs. Didn't know its all rage now

I'm an islander and I feel the same when I see people touting coconut oil like it's the Second Coming.
  • all_in_the_game
    all_in_the_game Posts: 39 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

I meant the same when I was talking about a prolonged use. As the studies suggested that over a course of time may prove beneficial citing the example of its use in India.

The recipe that I found was really good, especially the blend of spices was favorable. Do you make it the same way or is there something different that I could try?
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    It's delicious, and I enjoy it probably once or twice a month just as a tasty drink, especially if I'm hungry late at night it totally hits the spot. There are many different recipes, I use 1c cashew milk, 1T coconut oil, 1T agave, 1t tumeric, heat, whisk, enjoy.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »

I'm an islander and I feel the same when I see people touting coconut oil like it's the Second Coming.

I'm really hoping someone finally discovers the magical healing powers in bourbon and fried chicken.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »

I'm really hoping someone finally discovers the magical healing powers in bourbon and fried chicken.

I believe there is a national diet that is very similar to that - The Scottish diet. Unfortunately, the life expectancy and obesity rates are not to be aspired to.