Lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks

Options
BlackPantherChick123
BlackPantherChick123 Posts: 425 Member
edited July 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Has anyone lost like 10 pounds in two weeks by eating 1200 calories and are very active? I want to get back to 110 but I don't want to starve myself and I want to lose it asap before school by eating clean and doing lots of exercise. I'm not very patient on taking it slow.

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Chances are, no. Time to start working on that patience though. If you're only 10lbs away, you're only looking at .5lbs a week.
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    Even with intense exercise?
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Even with intense exercise?

Yes. Even if possible, with the loss of water weight and such, you risk a decrease in lean muscle mass, which causes skinny fat. Some folks find that they look worse than when they started due to this.

Start now with a reasonable plan of .5lbs a week. If you start now, you'll be better off than if you didn't. But losing 10lbs in 2 weeks is not healthy with only that amount to lose and your current weight.
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    I workout 3 hours a day to lose weight quicker. I done it before but can't seem to do it now.
  • LokiGrrl
    LokiGrrl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I remember when the difference between 110 and 120 felt like life or death, but looking back now I can't even see a difference. Ninerbuff and others are giving you good advice here. Maybe just focus on getting fit, and not so much on the scale number?

Also, patience is a life skill, you might as well start working on it now. I had to learn the hard way -- pregnancy. LOL.
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Please seek professional help. I have seen this screen name previously asking similar questions, and she has said she is in recovery. Please please please stop restricting and over exercising and seek some help.
  • Tricia7188
    Tricia7188 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Agree with everything above.
    And you actually might seemingly gain weight because that intense of exercise all of a sudden will cause your muscles to hold on to water to repair themselves. Causing water weight gain.
    2 weeks is way too short of a time and like others have said you'd probably do more harm than good.
    If you allow yourself time to lose the weight by eating the cals MFP gives you to lose .5 lbs a week, you will be more likely to lose mostly fat, by not having too large of a deficit which will cause you to lose fat AND muscle.
    I wish you luck but I have a feeling you will do what you want anyway.
    Patience is key, better to learn and embrace it now, trust me.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    It actually doesn't matter whether you are patient or not. That weight just isn't going to drop off in a few days or weeks. Especially not when you are already at a fairly low weight.

Eat at a moderate deficit, do some exercise and you'll be feeling great when you go back to school, and ready to keep up the good habits to lose weight slowly and surely.

If you eat almost nothing and exercise all day - you probably won't lose that amount of weight anyway, but you will go back feeling washed out, with no energy and wishing you hadn't been so foolish.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I did it once when I had a bad kidney infection and was in the hospital on IV. I really wouldn't recommend it. Far better to focus on losing a pound or so a week and eating a moderate diet.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    This is not healthy, and you know it. You know it very well. You have been told it again and again in all your other threads where you display disordered thinking about your eating, weight and body.

But doubtless, you will continue to ignore any advice to contact a professional and continue to seek unhealthy methods of weight loss that you may not even need to lose.