wrong Beliefs

Options

Replies

• cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I could easily eat my daily calorie goal in one meal.
  • SophieSmall95
    SophieSmall95 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    They gained weight because they ate more calories than their TDEE. That simple.

I'm sorry but it's your beliefs that are wrong. What you posted is nonsense.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    saadstom8 wrote: »
    Some think that the food is the main reason for weight gain but this wrong my friend, I know people from my family and friends and eat only one meal a day, so they think will diminish their weight quickly but the opposite happened, some increased weight,
    They were in a state of shock and surprise of what happened.
    After several days of searching for the main reason that causes weight gain.
    What you think?
    The reason sugars, they increased their sugary drinks, sweets, and chocolate.
    They decided to leave everything that contains sugar and here their weight began to decrease and now they are very happy.
    DON NOT eat or drink anything contains a high proportion of SUGAR

What if I told you....

I lost 90lbs including sugary foods and drink in my WOE and have proof?

So, are you saying that you know better than scientists and dieticians?

Calories ARE king. Just because you know of those who supposedly eat one meal, doesn't mean they eat less calories than they burn.
    sweets, and chocolate are high in fat and low in moisture which means they have a lot of calories in a small volume. Sugary drinks go right through you and don't keep you full long.

It doesn't matter how many meals your relatives have, if they are eating too many calories in foods that don't fill them up (potential for even more calories) they will gain weight.

the calories in food needs to be accounted for, sugary or otherwise. Many people here consume sugary foods and lose weight without problems because they know how to stay in a deficit.

Guys,
    You probably already know that eating too much added sugar can make you fat—but how overweight or obese will you get? Until now, the research done on how sugar affects your health has been somewhat sketchy, but a new review of the latest and greatest science by New Zealand researchers has it all up a bit.

The results, published today on BMJ.com, found that (drumroll please)...

People who ate less sugar (without being told to lose weight) lost an average of 1.8 pounds over a period of 10 weeks to 6 months.
    Similarly, people who increased their sugar intake gained 1.7 pounds, with most studies lasting less than 8 weeks. Small changes, yes, but over time this weight gain can really add up.
    So why does sugar make you fat? The researchers suspect that, unsurprisingly, people who eat sugar get more calories than they burn off with physical activity. In addition, sugar-sweetened beverages are less filling than naturally sweet foods like fruit, so you’re more likely to overindulge with a soda than an apple. And don’t forget the sweetened snacks—they are energy dense, meaning one box of mini-donuts really packs on the pounds.

The solution? Cut back on sugar in your diet (duh), but don’t stop at the obvious culprits like sodas and chocolate bars. Keep an eye out for these surprising sugar bombs—and you’ll be healthier in no time.
    And yet, you couldn't explain how I managed to lose 90lbs with sugar in my diet, troll. And yes, there are certain times where I'd eat a lot of chocolate, but I counted calories and still lost weight. Why are you telling me and many others here how to lose weight when I'm already losing weight? Hilarious! I believe science, not some random guy that spends 'a few days researching'. Science has been working for me.

I'm healthier than I was 90lbs ago. My perfect blood tests prove that.
    Newsflash, sugar doesn't cause obesity, eating too many calories does. How about you read scientific studies nested of relying on ridiculous Internet blogs. Oh, and many here have been successful at weight loss without cutting sugar.

You are wrong. Dead wrong. A couple of years ago, I was eating a sugar-free vegetarian 'clean' diet.....I was obese and sick, now I am not.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose any weight when I stopped drinking calories. Meh
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    If they gained weight eating that one meal a day then they ate ALL their days calorie allowance and more in that one sitting. Sugar is not the culprit, eating MORE than we burn IS.
  • minniemoo1972
    minniemoo1972 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering now schools are out when we'd get the holier than though posts......ding ding ding we have today's winner
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Nope, they gained because they ate more calories than they burned.
    Drinks have calories too, and they count.
  • vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    ....The reason sugars, they increased their sugary drinks, sweets, and chocolate.
    They decided to leave everything that contains sugar and here their weight began to decrease and now they are very happy.

so...........no fresh fruit? FORGET IT! i'll keep my weight then. not gonna do without natural foods/drinks that contain natural sugar. added sugar is a different story.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Really? I'm sorry, but I've had a 300 cal French vanilla loaded with sugar, and a large chocolate milk, and sweet, yummy ice cream, almost every day..vodka on the weekends....and I have lost 80 lbs. What's the secret? I make them fit into my calorie goals. I moved my body more, more than the amount I ate and drank (because I do log my drinks and nibbles), almost every single day. I logged everything I put in, watch the numbers, and adjust my activity accordingly to create enough of a deficit required to lose weight.

Bottom line, sSugar is not the enemy, consuming more calories than you burn is the enemy. And that's avoidable.
  • hypodonthaveme
    hypodonthaveme Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Unless you have health related issues, it's calories in calories out. My question to the op is: when they cut out the sugar did they become more active? Sometime we relate exercise to sugar. Say this scenerio. I'm gonna cut out sugar usually sends the message to your brain that exercise would be good too. So, if their activity level increases how can you say it was solely due to a decrease in sugar? You can eat 2000 calories in a meal . Ever eat from Burger King? 1 whopper meal is just about that. So your statement isn't accurate.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    If you don't get your nutritional information from the covers of magazines while checking out at the grocery store, you'll soon realize sugar isn't the enemy. That's not a "belief". That's a fact.
  • kinderlada
    kinderlada Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree,I stopped eating sugar 20 days ago ,and i feel great,just take your time and watch a documentary "All that sugar",here's the link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLoXZ-p9OlE
  • minniemoo1972
    minniemoo1972 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    kinderlada wrote: »
    I agree,I stopped eating sugar 20 days ago ,and i feel great,just take your time and watch a documentary "All that sugar",here's the link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLoXZ-p9OlE

Strong first post.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

If someone is satisfied and meeting their goals while consuming sugar, what will a documentary help? To cut or not cut sugar is based on the needs and wants of the individual. Why would someone try to change what they need or want by watching what I'm sure is sugar-hating propaganda? (no, I didn't watch and I'm not going to.)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,604 Member
    Options
    Documentaries focus on the agenda they are trying to institute. Rarely are there any balanced ones that offers EQUAL evidence from both sides. You got sucked into this like anyone else who watched it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,604 Member
    Options
    And if anyone is decently smart in math for that video, 42 teaspoons of sugar consumed is about 700 calories. DUH, if one reduced that by half, one has already reduced the calorie deficit of 500 for a 1lbs weight loss by more than half. Now just reduce 150 calories more and voila, 500 calorie deficit. Granted even 24 teaspoons of sugar a day is quite high, but ALL of the issues that the video claims is more due to someone being overweight than just blaming it on sugar. Being nutrient deficient isn't even discussed, just what over consumption of sugar does. DUH. If I over consumed anything (alcohol, protein, candy, medication, water) it's going to have an effect on the body.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i've done just fine losing weight. even though sometimes i have ice cream for dinner
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Seriously, people need to educate themselves and use some common sense.
    To condemn one food is ridiculous.
    If you consume more calories than you burn you gain weight. This is fact. Just as, if you consume less calories than you burn, you lose weight. Simple fact.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Some think that the food is the main reason for weight gain but this wrong my friend, I know people from my family and friends and eat only one meal a day, so they think will diminish their weight quickly but the opposite happened, some increased weight,
    What you think?

You are right--that's a good example of a wrong belief.

Overall calories determine whether or not you gain weight (along with your activity and size, of course). What you eat is important, although for other reasons, like nutrition.

How many meals you eat is irrelevant -- meals can vary in how many calories they have quite a lot. Also, not sure how you increase sugary drinks, sweets, and chocolate on one meal -- are they eating those as part of the meal or not counting them as also meals/snacks?

I have recently (because of the weather) gotten bored with and unenthused for my usual vegetable omelet in the morning and want something cold and, ideally, liquid. Have been having smoothies with fruit, veg, hemp, and vegan protein powder--lots of sugar, but every bit as filling for me, and I feel great.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    What you think?

What if I told you....

I lost 90lbs including sugary foods and drink in my WOE and have proof?

So, are you saying that you know better than scientists and dieticians?

Calories ARE king. Just because you know of those who supposedly eat one meal, doesn't mean they eat less calories than they burn.
    sweets, and chocolate are high in fat and low in moisture which means they have a lot of calories in a small volume. Sugary drinks go right through you and don't keep you full long.

It doesn't matter how many meals your relatives have, if they are eating too many calories in foods that don't fill them up (potential for even more calories) they will gain weight.

the calories in food needs to be accounted for, sugary or otherwise. Many people here consume sugary foods and lose weight without problems because they know how to stay in a deficit.

Guys,
    You probably already know that eating too much added sugar can make you fat—but how overweight or obese will you get? Until now, the research done on how sugar affects your health has been somewhat sketchy, but a new review of the latest and greatest science by New Zealand researchers has it all up a bit.

The results, published today on BMJ.com, found that (drumroll please)...

People who ate less sugar (without being told to lose weight) lost an average of 1.8 pounds over a period of 10 weeks to 6 months.
    Similarly, people who increased their sugar intake gained 1.7 pounds, with most studies lasting less than 8 weeks. Small changes, yes, but over time this weight gain can really add up.

On average, people who eat more added sugar eat more calories. That doesn't mean that sugar makes you fat, and doesn't matter if you count calories. (I generally think that a healthful diet won't have that much added sugar anyway, although some is perfectly fine, of course, so worrying about sugar separate from just eating a good diet seems odd and unnecessary to me. But then I've never eaten crazy amounts of sugar and certainly don't waste calories on soda (I use my calories for foods I particularly enjoy, not saying a soda is a bad thing if you love them and consider the calories worth it).)