Tell me your workout woes!

Options
2»

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Soooo pretty.

Here's one more, with the camera facing up this time.

28328398175_3c5c2656a5_o_d.jpg

The murder weapon looking thing in my hand is an ice axe. When you fall on steep snow, you build up speed very quickly until you slam into a rock, or slow down if there's a safe runout. The axe is to prevent a fall in the first place (it's why I'm hunched over in the first pic, it's called self belay) and to stop yourself if you fall (self arrest). Normally you rope up for glacier travel, but we were there to practice self arrest, not to summit.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Not everyone lives in the Northern Hemisphere.
  • AmberBlamberMamber
    AmberBlamberMamber Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That's really awesome and sounds really dangerous

• bigme3505
    bigme3505 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago on a bike ride I had to call it quits. It was hot and humid, and I simply couldn't finish. I had to ride in the bed of the tiny pickup up truck SAG wagon (with my bike laying on top of me), then upon exiting the truck I threw up at the front door of the YMCA where the ride started, so I had to go in and tell the nice girl at the front desk to call for clean up on aisle three.

Then when my friend (who was driving thank goodness) had me nearly back home, I threw up in his truck before I could get the door open. Then I had a similar but more embarrassing nausea induced episode last weekend. When I over-exert myself, it doesn't end well.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Thought I moved my furniture enough to practice a new move taught In class... kicked the table so hard half my foot is black. Then my strong hand callous opened up and bled. Finally? Hit my head on the door frame doing a pull up. Finished the workout waay angrier than I went in! !!
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I'm a walking disaster zone I swear!
  • AmberBlamberMamber
    AmberBlamberMamber Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    Thought I moved my furniture enough to practice a new move taught In class... kicked the table so hard half my foot is black. Then my strong hand callous opened up and bled. Finally? Hit my head on the door frame doing a pull up. Finished the workout waay angrier than I went in! !!

Yikes!!!
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    The first times I took my pre-workout it gave me the poops about 30 minutes after I took it. Middle of a crossfit class during a break, took off to the toilet and stunk up the bathroom. Did this 3 straight days before I figured out what it was.