Loose Skin

Options

Replies

• ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    my problem is I am not able to exercise due to issues. So just desk job and use cane. I left myself gain all the weight during my recovery process... then was not able to lose it.. I thought anyway.
  • ekim2016
    Options
    Smiles, I think you are lucky or I am not!
  • beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Depending how much weight you lose and how fast, the skin will take time to shrink. It may not shrink as much as you would like. I've seen really good reviews for Black Jamaican castor oil.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    ekim2016 wrote: »
    my problem is I am not able to exercise due to issues. So just desk job and use cane. I left myself gain all the weight during my recovery process... then was not able to lose it.. I thought anyway.

What about asking your doctor for a referral for physical therapy? A PT should be able to find a program that accommodates your issues.

I find the story of this disabled vet who was told he'd never be able to walk on his own again very inspiring:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIXOo8D9Qsc
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    You stated you have " eczema and other skin ailments"
    Fish oil helped my husband. 2 mg a day. He also cut down on foods made with flour.
  • ekim2016
    Options
    down 40 pounds now and getting that tummy apron I read about. It is scaring me of going down another 40 pounds to my goal of 200. male 5' 11
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    My loose skin is in my lower abdomen.

I think it's mainly age related because when I lost 40 lbs 4 yrs ago at 62 I didn't notice it but after losing 30 lbs this time around at 66 it's readily apparent.

Fortunately, it's covered by my pants/shorts. So, even if I go shirtless, it's hidden.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    down 40 pounds now and getting that tummy apron I read about. It is scaring me of going down another 40 pounds to my goal of 200. male 5' 11

Well...
    Just remind yourself: the skin doesn't actually look any better when it's taut and filled with fat.

And it can serve as a reminder of the bad habits you don't want to repeat.

^^^ This.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,303 Member
    Options
    I have to argue that losing slower and using dry brushing, a loofa in the bath/shower and a great cream like CeRave will help with loose skin. I've taken care of my skin my entire life.. and it shows. Had I not I'd have wrinkles and look much older than I do. I'm not saying it will be a cure all.. but it would help .. and very much with someone older with not a huge amount of weight to lose.
  • ekim2016
    Options
    happy to report that the skin sag is still minimal.. so fingers crossed this losing very slowly is paying off in a plethora of ways... down half way to my goal of 200
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I've lost 33# over the past 5 months and developed a distinct 4 pack w/the lower 2 visible but still not as apparent, which is great. 1st time that I can recall actually having a 6 pack.

HOWEVER, I still have some loose skin in lower abs which is slowly going away. Oddly, the loose skin is most apparent when I tighten my abs and least apparent when I just relax those muscles. At least, the big belly I had before doesn't present itself when I relax those muscles as it did before.

Using a mineral oil based lotion w/Vit A, D & E added, which seems to be helping to restore firmness to the skin.
  • ekim2016
    Options
    I seem to be getting sagging skin on my torso under my arms now... ugh!! What exercise can tighten that up?
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I seem to be getting sagging skin on my torso under my arms now... ugh!! What exercise can tighten that up?

No exercise will tighten skin. I'm sorry.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

How saggy your skin looks can change as you're losing weight.

I've lost 94 pounds so far, and would like to lose another 6. My arms looked saggier somewhere around the midpoint of my loss than they do now.

My belly was another thing that looked worse at various stages than it does now.

I'm sure exercise has played a role for me (I lift weights), but so has time and things adjusting. I've been at this for just about two years now.

Be patient.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    You stated you have " eczema and other skin ailments"
    Fish oil helped my husband. 2 mg a day. He also cut down on foods made with flour.

Just wanted to point out that you may have meant to say 2 GRAMS, not 2 mg of fish oil. Most standard gel capsules are 1000 mg, or 1 gram.
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Did anybody carry most of their weight in their stomach? My stomach is very saggy and I don't care about having loose skin aesthetic wise. I care about health/discomfort. If someone has a very saggy belly half way through weight loss is there any chance it'll be less saggy with just the skin or will it be more saggy once there is no fat filler?

Info: 5 ft 3 inch
    Sw:290
    Cw: 215 & can see some loose skin, major stomach droop
    Gw:130 (will reevaluate closer to goal)

Carry most of extra weight in all of upper body, especially stomach.
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    This is embarrassing but WE. Is there any chance this won't result in necessary surgery?

gqmwwshvxqmx.jpg
    098cshfyrz6d.jpg