I am going to try spinach and kale in a blender?

Options
2»

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try adding either a 1/2 banana or 1/2 serving of frozen blueberries. I'm also going to buy some plain greek yogurt for next time (really did not think of that).
    I guess I have to add some water water. Not sure. I don't know if spinach and milk would go well, but I might try vanilla protein powder. Not sure.
    Interesting how someone played with mixing it iced coffee. Creative.
    I hope my $14 little mixer can handle it.

• GrannyO62
    GrannyO62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like this one:
    Kale, Spinach, 1/2 banana, Tropicana 50 juice, 1/3 cup coconut milk yogurt, 1/2 cup of your favorite frozen fruit (I freeze watermelon and grapes and use them)
    Enjoy!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I could not do it. I do not have all those ingredients, and really wanted to keep a green smoothie under 100 calories. Just something to chug down. Does not have to taste good.
    I looked at my tiny blender. I looked at the 2.5 ounces of power greens big bunch (spinach&kale). I looked at 8 ounces of water.
    I think if I had a real blender, like a ninja or a vitamix I would have done it.
    My 2-3 cup $14 blender was not about to handle that.
    The spinach/kale was the size of a plate. Using any less would have been a waste of time for me.

I wish there were a way to eat a lot of power greens fast without added calories.
    Guess I'll just have a salad today.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I could not do it. I do not have all those ingredients, and really wanted to keep a green smoothie under 100 calories. Just something to chug down. Does not have to taste good.
    I looked at my tiny blender. I looked at the 2.5 ounces of power greens big bunch (spinach&kale). I looked at 8 ounces of water.
    I think if I had a real blender, like a ninja or a vitamix I would have done it.
    The spinach/kale was the size of a plate. Using any less would have been a waste of time for me.

I wish there were a way to eat a lot of power greens fast without added calories.

You could chop up the leaves into smaller portions and feed them to the blender.
  • tludvik
    tludvik Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    To give it some flavor with no added calories, add in some fresh squeezed lemon juice and a little bit of peeled ginger root
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Just leaf and water sounds disgusting to me.

That's exactly what I thought..
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Salad is a great way of getting those veg in, I eat one almost every day! (Why do you want your shake to be under 100 calories, I wonder?)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Salad water does not seem too appealing. Is there a reason why you can't just eat the stuff or add other ingredients to mask the grassy water taste?