Sixers Love Yourself Challenge - Week 3

Options

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hi my friends! I just wanted to quickly say THANK YOU for all the kind words on last weeks post and this one! I LOVE you guys!!!! I will lurk a little and wanted you to know I am here. Have a great week girls!!!

Cathy
    SW 209 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 209.4/ PROGRESS 0
    AmyLou
    SW 153.4/GW 147lbs/CW151.6/Progress - 1.8 lbs.
    Katy
    SW 172.8/ GW 164.8/ CW 170.4/ PROGRESS -2.4 lbs
    Deb
    SW202.4/GW 194.4 lbs/CW 203.4/Progress +1.0 lbs.
    Amy
    SW 198lbs/GW 188lbs/CW 200 /Progress+/- +2.0lbs
    Robin
    SW 193 lbs / GW 185 lbs / CW 189.5 lbs / PROGRESS -3.5
    Em
    SW 151.2 lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 150.2 lbs / Progress -1 lb
    Lauryn
    SW 159 / GW 155 / CW 159 / PROGRESS -0lbs
    Katie
    SW 179 lbs/GW 169 lbs/CW 175 lbs/Progress -4 lbs
    Tammara
    SW 220lbs/GW 213lbs/CW 219.5 /Progress - .5 lbs
    SHANELL
    SW 212.5 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 210/ PROGRESS - 2.5lbs
    KRISTIN

RHIANNON ----SW 172.6 lbs / GW 165lbs / CW 171.6lbs / PROGRESS - 1lbs
    Connie
    SW 264 lbs / GW 258/ CW 262/ PROGRESS -2 lbs
    Heidi
    SW165lbs / GW 155 lbs / CW 165 / Progress +/- 0lbs
    Becky
    SW146.2lbs/GW 140lbs/CW 146.4/Progress+/- .2lbs
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, that's exactly why I know I need to stay in the game. Getting this far is great but I'm not done and I know it. I guess since I've felt it was pretty easy thus far, I'm getting into my first tough part. More to come so I need to learn how to handle it.

My weight has been all over the place the last few days so I have no idea what to say. 176, 169, 173... But my water intake has been fluctuating too, as has my sodium intake. I changed my numbers to 173 anyway since it has been the measurement in the middle. I hope to know more next week once I've got some consistency going again!

Cathy, good luck!
    Shanell, sorry about your LO not feeling well!
    Kristin :heart: Are you still battling the snow??
    Katy, nice work this week! I'm glad you are okay!
    Lauryn, how's it going??
    Amy, how are things with the childcare?
    AmyLou, how was your first day back at class?
    Deb, any menu planning?
    Katie, Em, Becky... HI!!

Busy day around here again - Ava has a sport class, we have a play date, I have the gym... wow!
    Check in later anyway :wink:

Cathy
    AmyLou
    Katy
    Deb
    Amy
    Robin
    Em
    Lauryn
    Katie
    Tammara
    SHANELL
    KRISTIN
    RHIANNON ----SW 172.6 lbs / GW 165lbs / CW 173lbs / PROGRESS +0.4lbs

Connie
    SW 264 lbs / GW 258/ CW 262/ PROGRESS -2 lbs
    Heidi
    Becky
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    ok, update. doc said it's full, inflammed, infected. need to see surgeon SAT. (been hearing that word allot in the last few days LOL). see surgeon tomorrow. made me stay in office until the got one for today or tomorrow. using the same one son just had his surgery with. he's a general and that's what i need. at least i know him and he seems nice and did a good job on son. i would rather put up with his lateness than be sent to someone i can't understand or heard about. it would have been who ever insurance pays and who could get me fastest. i take him...:smile: hope to get this thing out very soon. doc says it's pretty bad.
    off to do some cleaning just in case. never know now....
    later....
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Glad that you're being taken care-of Cathy!! :flowerforyou:
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    Hey ladies. :flowerforyou: .. i am still wicked sick :sick: BUT I am still going to try really hard to stay on track with my nutritional goals (i don't think running in the cold would be good right now :smile: )... Anyways I weighed myself today and I am exactly the same 150.2... I guess that is good considering I haven't counted a calorie / exercised in about a week. (I started counting again... I really want to get into the 140's by next weigh in)... :drinker: so i am Drinking LOTS of water and eating right (hopefully) :drinker:

chipper. good luck with yor surgery :flowerforyou:
    pedal. YOU CAN DO THIS. stay motivated and remember how amazing you have done so far, keep up the great work
    kristin. i hope all is well:flowerforyou:
    shanell. i hope everyone feels better soon! being sick is NO fun! :flowerforyou:

more personals later. back to work. feel better everyone and congrats on all your hard work ladies...WEEK #3 WOW!!!! (Half way there...):bigsmile:
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I am getting back into the groove of homework & tests again. This time I am not as motivated to lose the weight, but I'm not giving up. It is just hard when you have a household to run & school & feeling a little tierd. I did get a good workout in today, but tomorrow will almost be impossible. Where does everyone get their energy?

Cathy, Ooh, your gallbladder issues sound awful. Is surgery tomorrow or just see the surgeon? Hope all goes well and you feel great soon.:heart:

Pedal, I hope to be busting through the meal planning issues soon. Glad that you are enjoying shopping for normal size clothes. I can't wait to be out of plus size, I'm borderline right now. You only have 38 more to go! You really have come a long way. I think it's great thay your introspective I think that is very wise. I must make some time to think about my goals & issues too.

Tamm, Thanks for your thoughts & yes I will be bursting through this thing soon.

Lauren, Love the idea of clothes that can lift your mood!!:heart:

Katie, Good for you on your 2 pound loss.

What I love about myself today:heart: My new haircut:heart: It always makes me feel lighter.:laugh:
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    well, guess what it was the flu now it is pnemonia (yuck) and I have to present my research at a conference in the morning :ohwell: oh well. i can be happy that I have another week until class starts up again (Deb, I completly understand how life + school can become completly overwhelming... to the point where I have NO motivation or energy... but i have found when I get into a good exercise routine combined with lots of healthy food I have more energy to get through the rest of my crazy day... keep it up!!!! :flowerforyou: ) :smile: PS. where are eveyones 'love themselves' i think some of us (including me) are slacking on this one...:tongue: ... so today I love that when i look out at the ocean everyday at work, I can find true motivation for all of the grad-school related stress I am going through now... (I research fish / fisheries) :drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: keep up all the great work... I will be @ the conference thursday but i will check in with my weight (hopefully 149... :drinker: )and more personals on friday :heart:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    I didn't feel tempted today!!! I was in a few circumstances that have been taunting me the last while and I actually wasn't even tempted. AND, I bought myself a book that was on sale. My favourite cookbooks are the Eat Clean series by Tosca Reno. She's also got a workout book and just an informational book (with 30 recipes) and it was on HUGE sale. I have the 2 cookbooks but not the info book so I bought it for myself as some motivational reading. Also the new issue of Oxygen magazine came out today so I picked that up too. And I found a shirt at Old Navy (we went in to use their bathroom) for $2 which I also got. It is a size SMALL. More snug than I would wear out of the house right now but yet another thing to shrink into. I'd rather have a wardrobe to enjoy shrinking into than one that I lament shrinking out of. Gym tonight and a good supper planned and I'm feeling like I'm on my way back on track. I've proclaimed that I'm back to my routine a few times in the last few weeks but part of saying that was to try to convince myself. If I say it, I have to follow through. But I'm starting to see what all the pieces are that have been coming together and I'm feeling optimistic and confident again, sort of like I'm starting for the first time. Does that make sense?

SBB, sorry to hear your DX! No fun :frown: :flowerforyou: GET BETTER!!!

Deb, thanks for the encouraging words :heart: You should take a pic of your hair and show us! I need a trim again..

My :heart: for the day is that I am really working through these lifestyle changes in a way that will be permanent. If there weren't this kind of emotional work to go along with it, it could only be a matter of time before the same patterns hit me again.

Robin, where are you? How are you?

Alright, again I must get ready to go! :bigsmile:
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Hi,

Just thought I'd pop in for a moment to see what's going on. Seems a little slow.

Pedal, so glad to hear things are falling together for you. That will be the key for this to last your lifetime rather than yo-yo dieting. I have been meaning to get a new picture uploaded to the site. I will do that this weekend.:flowerforyou:

Have a great evening:happy:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Cathy
    AmyLou
    Katy
    Deb
    Amy
    Robin
    Em
    Lauryn
    Katie
    Tammara
    SHANELL
    KRISTIN
    Connie
    SW 264 lbs / GW 258/ CW 261/ PROGRESS -3 lbs

Heidi
    Becky
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm....I need to post a love for today.......I love that I am embarking on this challenge as well as the Live Healthy Iowa challenge and doing well. I am thankful for you ladies. Hope you are all having a great night.
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Here is the post I read last night that I found very amazing:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/31501-why-am-i-eating-this-by-geneen-roth
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!

Rhiannon - The first days of class have been okay, thanks for asking. It's so hard to get back in the groove though!! That was a great post you shared!

Cathy - best of luck with the doctors and everything, feel better and we will be thinking about you!!

I know I'm going to miss a million personals that I could be doing, but I will get back on track tomorrow.

My :heart: for today is that I love that I am having a couple friends over tomorrow night for slow-cooked roast and vegetables and that of all the wonderful things I could have inherited from my mother, her knack for cooking is my favorite.

Goodnight!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    AmyLou, glad you liked the post! And that sounds like a really nice time with friends tomorrow!

I just finished planning my meals for tomorrow:

1. pumpkin apple oatmeal
    2. 3oz baked wild salmon, 1 cup steamed brussels sprouts, 1/2 pink grapefruit
    3. black beans, brown rice & red pepper (1/4 cup of each) w/ 1 tbsp salsa
    4. chocolate protein shake made w/ skim milk
    5. homemade bison burger (bison, egg whites, onion, garlic, flax, wheat bran) on multigrain bun w/ tomato, spinach, skim milk cheese, relish & mustard (but since we get organic our condiments are fairly low sodium in comparison to their commercial counterparts)
    6. 3 cups air-popped popcorn w/ 1 tbsp olive oil & spices, 1/2 protein shake

work-out: weight training!! I'm really trying to incorporate more of it! :bigsmile: LOVE ending a day knowing I did well. GREAT feeling :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Just a quick pop on ladies! Good to see you all, but I'm not doing personals now, just had some yogurt and am going back to bed. This cold is still kicking my butt! It's moved out of my chest now, and my head just feels painful and full... I'm down a bit in weight from Tuesday, but I figure it's all the goobers I've been blowing out of my nose :laugh: . No exercise all week, I just haven't been up to it. Heck, I'm winded and exhausted just going up and down the stairs! I haven't been on much the last few days, not just because of the cold, but because DH has been needing the laptop in addition to his desk computer (he's a programmer), so no computer time for me...

Anyways, today I love the fact that when I laugh, I snort. It used to embarass me, but now I love it, because a lot of times, it makes everyone else laugh when they hear me...
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    morining ladies....
    another doctors appt today. this one with the surgeon...hope surgery is soon. had an attack last night almost called DH home from work to take me to the ER. containt pain and the right side was so sore couldn't hardly touch it.
    sorry to be talking about this, but, DH has been wrapped up in his work lately. they got new routes this month and he's trying to get everyone together. he's concerned about me, but, working 10-12 hours a night and not much sleep so he can go with me to doctors appts. he's beat. now today shanell is my stand-by he has a meeting 1 1/2 -2 hrs from here. he has to go too.
    well, off to spend a few minutes with him before he leaves. than do a wii workout and shower and dress.
    later.
  • TessaL221
    TessaL221 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Cathy
    AmyLou
    Katy
    Deb
    Amy
    Robin
    Em
    Lauryn
    Katie
    Tammara
    SHANELL
    KRISTIN
    Connie
    SW 264 lbs / GW 258/ CW 261/ PROGRESS -3 lbs
    Tessa
    SW 238 lbs/ GW 226/ CW 235/ PROGRESS -3 lbs

Heidi
    Becky
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Good morning all! I was up late last night reading my new book but it's just so great. I'm really back and I can feel it in my bones.

Robin, sorry to hear that you're still sick! That's no fun. I hope it passes soon!!
    Cathy, good luck today and I too hope surgery is soon! Sounds awful :frown:
    Tessa, congrats on the progress! Great job!

Up early today - Leith and Ava went to bed a bit early so we're up an hour sooner. At least we get to see my husband before he goes to work :happy:
    I'll check in later!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Anyways, today I love the fact that when I laugh, I snort. It used to embarass me, but now I love it, because a lot of times, it makes everyone else laugh when they hear me...

I love that you love that!!!
    Whenever people snort laughing, it makes me start laughing, and if THEY are laughing at themselves snorting, it just makes it all the better because then I'm laughing WITH them because laughter snorts are soooo cute!!

Did that makes sense? If not, in sum ---> I love laughing snorts :bigsmile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I was up late last night reading my new book but it's just so great. I'm really back and I can feel it in my bones.

What book are you reading?