anyone had any experience with waist training??

Options
Dancingdahlia
Dancingdahlia Posts: 7 Member
I had a baby 13 weeks ago and I piled on 4stone while pregnant, I am now following calorie controlled diet and exercising but also just started waist training, I am used to wearing corsets anyway but not all day, everyday! Any advice would be much appreciated... Latex or steel boned? Do you work out in your waist trainer? Do you unfasten it to eat? Do you think it's safe to sleep in it if it's not too tight? Thanks in advance for any Recommendations/advice.Xx

Replies

• Dancingdahlia
    Options
    I know it doesn't actually miraculously make you lose weight or everyone would do it wouldn't they for a quick fix but I do think it is helping to support and reduce my flabby belly area , after only a few days my waist is a good inch slimmer
  • bunnyghost
    bunnyghost Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    congrats on the baby!! :heart:

i used to waist train but i never used steel boned (even though i hear steel is way more effective..) the thought of steel bone still terrifies me haha i was worried it would squish my organs or something.

i waist trained last year and got awesome results! i used one of the latex ones. basically drink a lot of water because of all the sweating haha. and do some ab/core exercises along with it if you can, you'll get faster results and it tightens up your waist! i never slept in mine and i still got great results. sleeping in it seems way too uncomfortable and getting inadequate sleep actually leads to weight gain, so i would say only wear it during the day to be safe!

the first month i only wore it for 45 minutes to an hour a day, then the next month i was able to wear it for like 2-3 hours. when i started losing inches i was finally able to wear it most of the day pretty comfortably! just wear it for as long as you can handle it but if you're feeling super uncomfortable take a break from it! and yeah unfasten it if it's stopping you from eating/drinking enough or just don't wear it to eat at all for the first month (unless it's allowing you to eat comfortably)

have fun with it! waist training is great and i'm definitely gonna do it again some day :smiley: take pictures so you can see the progress!! you said you're also eating healthy and exercising so you'll definitely start seeing results faster than most people who just sit around wearing it all day lol. good luck :heart:
  • Dancingdahlia
    Options
    I never used a waist trainer and I went from a 38(almost 39) inch waist down to a 28 inch waist just by eating in a deficit and weight training(not waist training).I am also about to turn 42.so If I can do it without a waist trainer(my kids are 23 and 20),then anyone can. it just takes hard work and dedication to get there.
    Thankyou and welldone on your amazing loss! This is my third baby so I am struggling to get back into shape a bit more this time, when I had my first I had time to cook myself healthy food and exercise more when he had a nap, now when my baby naps I still have the other 2 to see to. I am working out and loosely following the slimming world diet modified by this app, I know slow and steady is the way to go and to keep the weight off but it's hard I want to feel slim and sexy again now! Lol.Xx
  • erika_leila
    erika_leila Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with waist training... just make sure to use it in addition to having balanced diet and exercise routine. I buy mine from Orchard Corset

Congrats on the baby and your weight loss xx
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with waist training... just make sure to use it in addition to having balanced diet and exercise routine. I buy mine from Orchard Corset

Congrats on the baby and your weight loss xx

eating in a deficit and exercising will results in fat loss. not the trainer. the key to that statement is "balanced diet and exercise" you dont need the trainer for that.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    I never used a waist trainer and I went from a 38(almost 39) inch waist down to a 28 inch waist just by eating in a deficit and weight training(not waist training).I am also about to turn 42.so If I can do it without a waist trainer(my kids are 23 and 20),then anyone can. it just takes hard work and dedication to get there.
    Thankyou and welldone on your amazing loss! This is my third baby so I am struggling to get back into shape a bit more this time, when I had my first I had time to cook myself healthy food and exercise more when he had a nap, now when my baby naps I still have the other 2 to see to. I am working out and loosely following the slimming world diet modified by this app, I know slow and steady is the way to go and to keep the weight off but it's hard I want to feel slim and sexy again now! Lol.Xx

thanks,you can also if you get time premake meals and then freeze them too. I know its probably hard with 3 kids. but you can make a week or more worth of meals and then you wont have to do much just warm it up and it will be ready to eat.all thats needed is a deficit to lose weight, exercise is for health reasons and while yes it can lead to a bigger deficit,its not needed.running after little ones is exercise lol. if you do it the slow and steady way you will feel better too,at least I do and I feel better knowing I did it on my own.
  • sabrinasmith7
    sabrinasmith7 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I used one and regardless of what anyone else said it worked for me. Yes obviously if you dont continue exercising your stomach wont stay that way, that goes for anything not just waist training. Lol i went from 30" to 27" in about 5 days and i felt i looked a lot better. I never sweat in mine either. Mine was latex with the boning in it, it was uncomfortable at first but after the first day it didnt bother me. I dont work out in it because i can hardly move loll but i did wear it while eating, it helped me eat less. ( which really helped at parties with lots of food!) lol my results actually probably would have been better if i was drinking more water. But of course i still exercise in the morning and then wear the waist trainer cause im not justt worried about my stomach loll
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    I know it doesn't actually miraculously make you lose weight or everyone would do it wouldn't they for a quick fix but I do think it is helping to support and reduce my flabby belly area , after only a few days my waist is a good inch slimmer

No

Don't do this to feel or look skinny. It's not real
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Waist training and wearing a latex cincher as seen on the Dash dolls are two very different things. Women started waist training back in the Victorian age. There is so much misinformation on the subject. You will see people say this and that about crushing organs and so on but is there true documented proof of this? Have women in recent times died or caused severe harm to themselves due to waist training? There is a lady by the name of Cathie Jung in the Guinness Book for having the smallest waist of a living person. She has waist trained with steel boned corsets for more than 20 years. Most people would consider her "extreme". She is over 70 years old and her health is good. Waist training does not have to be extreme and can be done safely. I think before people pass judgement on a subject they are biased on because of he say-she say they should really do their research. Just my 2 pennies.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Waist training and wearing a latex cincher as seen on the Dash dolls are two very different things. Women started waist training back in the Victorian age. There is so much misinformation on the subject. You will see people say this and that about crushing organs and so on but is there true documented proof of this? Have women in recent times died or caused severe harm to themselves due to waist training? There is a lady by the name of Cathie Jung in the Guinness Book for having the smallest waist of a living person. She has waist trained with steel boned corsets for more than 20 years. Most people would consider her "extreme". She is over 70 years old and her health is good. Waist training does not have to be extreme and can be done safely. I think before people pass judgement on a subject they are biased on because of he say-she say they should really do their research. Just my 2 pennies.

while her health is good she cannot go long without it because she doesnt have the core strength or support from her muscles to support her organs either. those who wear them for long periods of time are asking for trouble.if you wear something too tight it will move your organs around inside or cause them to be smashed together. there is a lot of studies and articles on the dangers,do some research and you will see.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    I used one and regardless of what anyone else said it worked for me. Yes obviously if you dont continue exercising your stomach wont stay that way, that goes for anything not just waist training. Lol i went from 30" to 27" in about 5 days and i felt i looked a lot better. I never sweat in mine either. Mine was latex with the boning in it, it was uncomfortable at first but after the first day it didnt bother me. I dont work out in it because i can hardly move loll but i did wear it while eating, it helped me eat less. ( which really helped at parties with lots of food!) lol my results actually probably would have been better if i was drinking more water. But of course i still exercise in the morning and then wear the waist trainer cause im not justt worried about my stomach loll

in 5 days it was most likely water weight. you lose fat in a deficit not wearing clothing that is too tight. the exercise and eating less is what will give you results. if this were the case then my sister should be shapely in areas from wearing clothing a few sizes too small.
  • fanceegirl75
    Options

while her health is good she cannot go long without it because she doesnt have the core strength or support from her muscles to support her organs either. those who wear them for long periods of time are asking for trouble.if you wear something too tight it will move your organs around inside or cause them to be smashed together. there is a lot of studies and articles on the dangers,do some research and you will see.

I've done my research. Thnx! I also know quite a few people who use real corsets. Myself included. Majority of people aren't doing as Cathie does. You have to lace pretty tight for most hours of the day and many years to get to where she is. Not the norm. It's also common practice to do core strengthening exercises if you are a serious waist trainer. There are extremes to everything in life. All things in moderation is the key.
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    You say you've done your research , but 10 minutes on Google led me to statements from medical professionals that waist training is ineffective, kinda stupid, and can be hazardous. Everything from indigestion, regurgitation, bowel twisting and necrosis, fainting, atrial fibrillation......

Maybe okay for that one fancy night out, but daily use is never going to work.
  • fanceegirl75
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You say you've done your research , but 10 minutes on Google led me to statements from medical professionals that waist training is ineffective, kinda stupid, and can be hazardous. Everything from indigestion, regurgitation, bowel twisting and necrosis, fainting, atrial fibrillation......

Silly me for not trusting Dr. Oz. Yet no one posted any legit link to these great articles with all this truth.
    Sugar_Pill wrote: »
    I went from a size 35 to a 27 with diet and exercise-- and I have 4 kids ages 10 and under- who all weighed 9lbs +

But... All that work and I coulda just got a waist trainer. Silly me!

No where did I say I did it in place of working out and eating right. Gotta love MFP forums.
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options

Silly me for not trusting Dr. Oz. Yet no one posted any legit link to these great articles with all this truth.
    I went from a size 35 to a 27 with diet and exercise-- and I have 4 kids ages 10 and under- who all weighed 9lbs +

No where did I say I did it in place of working out and eating right. Gotta love MFP forums.

Who said anything about Oz?

You do your crazy corset thing. You clearly didn't come here for reason, just seeking validation. Carry on.
  • fanceegirl75
    Options

Http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/11/05/waist-whittlers-dangers/75225022/

http://news.health.com/2015/03/10/what-is-waist-training/

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/why-waist-training-is-a-really-really-bad-idea-120455530897.html

Sorry-- couldn't find Dr. Oz

Again...waist training like the Kardashians and waist training with a real steel boned corset are two different things. You first link took me right to a waist cincher article. Didn't bother clicking the others.
  • fanceegirl75
    Options

Who said anything about Oz?

You do your crazy corset thing. You clearly didn't come here for reason, just seeking validation. Carry on.

Hahaha hilarious. If its one thing I don't need is MFP forums giving me validation. But nice try. I was simply responding to a post like all the rest of you know it alls.