July 25: 139
    Aug 1: Weight -/+ this week:
    Aug 8: Weight -/+ this week:
    Aug 15: Weight -/+ this week:
    Aug 22: Weight -/+ this week:
    Aug 29: Weight -/+ this week:
    Sept 5: Weight -/+ this week:

Weight -/+ total:

Successes/struggles: I have so much trouble with salt. If I have just a little bit, I'll balloon up.

Chris

Try and read the labels before you buy it or use it. Also make sure you drink lots of water to flush it out. There are so many foods with hidden salt it is crazy! I feel it in the am ! Can't put my rings on and I feel like the Micheline Man. Keep tracking on MFP and watch the salt numbers
  • jtkatch
    jtkatch Posts: 186 Member
    mx515pilot wrote: »
    I'm in!

I started great june 1st 227 and by july 1st down to 211. 16 pounds in one month since then only down 5 pounds. I happy with my two month with 21 pounds! Really want to push on and some support will be great too.

Start Weight (July 28): 206
    Goal Weight (Sept 5): 195
    Actual:

Total weight loss goal: 11 lbs

Weigh-ins (week of...):

July 28: 160

Weight -/+ total:
    Keep going!!! You can do it !! So far we have a good group going and first weigh in is on Monday. We are trying to daixover and fix our problems areas so we can succeed!!
  • Mrs_Ovechkin
    Mrs_Ovechkin Posts: 24 Member
    jtkatch wrote: »
    jtkatch wrote: »
    How can we help each other keep some accountability with our individual struggles?

Not sure but I thinks it's a great idea! What time of day do you have the most trouble with? Mine is dinner prep and after dinner. Maybe we can check in to see how we are doing at that time?

Dinner prep and clean up is where I seem to lose control. I like your "BLTs" haha they are my downfall. Yes, feel free to message or check in and we will power through. No need to let late night snacking diminish our hard work!

It's a very hard time for me! Yesterday I may have stumbled upon a trick I want to share!!! Have a cherry and then keep the pit in your mouth while prepping and putting stuff away! It seemed to help me last night! I will try it again tonight. If you try it let me know how it goes. I don't like to chew gum so that never worked for me! If you wind up slipping the pit to the other side of your mouth to eat something catch yourself and say "WTF am I doing????" And stop and slip that put back around :)

I did terrible yesterday!! Frustrated :( but also found a trick that may help. Taking a break after dinner logging and closing my food diary helped me to not continue the constant evening snacking and know that I had satisfied all my nutrient goals so I don't need anymore.

I just bought fresh cherries this morning I will give it a try! Thanks!
  • mx515pilot
    mx515pilot Posts: 14 Member
    cares243 wrote: »
    Omg- dinner I just eat way too much, even if it's healthy, because it's my time to relax! But also, then I want a snack! I've found these "Enlightened" fake ice cream bars that really help (ado sugar free fudgesickles), but it's really s struggle. Also, how do you guys keep your will power on the weekends? I just want to eat all the delish stuff my friends are eating! It's so hard to stay motivated.

I hear ya! Cook out out are huge with my friends on the weekend. There nothing I would like more then to have a delicious juicey Lucy. Last weekend I made suggestions to have a spaghetti dinner. I made a vegan mediterranean spaghetti with green lentil pasta. Everyone loved it. The hardest is to drink water while everyone drinking beer or margaritas. I had one drink then pick up a water. Wasn't easy. This coming week is going to be real hard. The fair is in town and for my job we have a booth at the fair and being at the fair every day for 8 plus hours and not try to eat the fair food is going to be a real test! Here is to keep strong will!
  • Forest91
    Forest91 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I'm in I turn 25 years old on 22nd August so I trying everything to lose some weight before then.
  • Mrs_Ovechkin
    Mrs_Ovechkin Posts: 24 Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm traveling for the next two weeks and I won't be able to cook for myself nearly that whole time! One week is for work and one week is vacation. Any advice on how to eat well and keep my calorie count while on the go?
  • jtkatch
    mx515pilot wrote: »
    cares243 wrote: »
    Omg- dinner I just eat way too much, even if it's healthy, because it's my time to relax! But also, then I want a snack! I've found these "Enlightened" fake ice cream bars that really help (ado sugar free fudgesickles), but it's really s struggle. Also, how do you guys keep your will power on the weekends? I just want to eat all the delish stuff my friends are eating! It's so hard to stay motivated.

I hear ya! Cook out out are huge with my friends on the weekend. There nothing I would like more then to have a delicious juicey Lucy. Last weekend I made suggestions to have a spaghetti dinner. I made a vegan mediterranean spaghetti with green lentil pasta. Everyone loved it. The hardest is to drink water while everyone drinking beer or margaritas. I had one drink then pick up a water. Wasn't easy. This coming week is going to be real hard. The fair is in town and for my job we have a booth at the fair and being at the fair every day for 8 plus hours and not try to eat the fair food is going to be a real test! Here is to keep strong will!

I usually don't drink but sometimes when I want a little something you can make a spritzer (sparkling water/ soda water with a little wine) or have soda water with cranberry (very little needed just to tiny and slightly glamour the water) even lemon sparkling water and add lemon for the visual . You can also have it all in the same type of glasses your friends are having! Enjoy!

For the fair obstacle....enjoy it but prep before you go. Bring a salad in a cup with a top. Mason jar salads are so cool!! Bring with a bag of pre cut veggies to munch on. Bring your own popcorn and if you can find Quest chips!! Even though they are not vegan (ugggg I love them once in a while) low in calories, fat, carbs and VERY high in protein! It's a treat. So you are having a treat at the Fair
  • jtkatch
    I'm traveling for the next two weeks and I won't be able to cook for myself nearly that whole time! One week is for work and one week is vacation. Any advice on how to eat well and keep my calorie count while on the go?

All restaurants have salads. If they don't you can ask them to make you one. Best to ask. They are usually most obliging. You will feel confident k owing you can do this. Pre package some good snacks like protein bars, nuts, fruit for the road etc even some good protein powders that you need just water to keep your hunger at bay.
  • jtkatch
    Hello everyone in this challenge!!! I hope you are all doing well?? Weigh in tomorrow! Keep your hydration up and your salt down!! Exercise ‼check in tomorrow.....I am nervous ! But will do it and correct what needs correcting! Our journey is exam that a journey...learning and correcting and reaping the benefits!
    Good luck to all...make it count
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 722 Member
    I'm in! Thanks for starting this!

Name: Anya
    Start Weight (July 25): 136.6
    Goal Weight (Sept 5): 132.6

Total weight loss goal: 4 lbs

July 25: 136.6

Weight -/+ total:

Successes/struggles: The biggest struggle for me is logging my food. I start out strong, but start slacking off as my day gets busy, and I get stressed with work.
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Start Weight (July 25): 229.3
    Goal Weight (Sept 5): 222
    Actual:

Total weight loss goal: 6 lbs

Weigh-ins (week of...):

July 25: 229.3

Weight -/+ total:

Successes/struggles:
  • Forest91
    Forest91 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Start Weight (July 25): 156.5lbs
    Goal Weight (Sept 5): 144.5lbs
    Actual:
    Total weight loss goal: 13 lbs

Weigh-ins (week of...):

July 25: 156.5lbs
    Aug 1: 154.3lbs Weight -/+ this week: -2.2lbs

Weight -/+ total:

Successes/struggles: I am so close to getting below 11st and I have not been like that since I was a preteen.
  • mx515pilot
    Start Weight (July 28): 206.2
    Goal Weight (Sept 5): 195
    Actual:

Total weight loss goal: 11 lbs

Weigh-ins (week of...):

July 28: 206.2
    Aug 1: Weight -/+ this week: 206.5 +.3

Weight -/+ total:

Successes/struggles: was doing good with morning work out but last week i never heard my alarm once. So I did workout at night which put dinner at 8 to 9 at night. I just seem like i cant get my butt out of bed in the am lately.
  • jtkatch

Start Weight (July 25): 138!
    Goal Weight (Sept 5): 125
    Actual:

Total weight loss goal: 13lbs

Weigh-ins (week of...):

July 25: 138
    Aug 1: 137.4 (-0.6)

Struggles: not happy with the weight loss! Thought I would do better. Workouts were awesome despite my plantar fasciitis. Eating was pretty good but I guess not good enough! Will try and be better at logging this week! Period is also due on Wednesday, but tired of making that excuse!
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 722 Member
    Goal Weight (Sept 5): 132

Total weight loss goal: 4.6 lbs

Aug 1: 133.4 (-3 lbs)
    Aug 8:
    Aug 15:
    Aug 22:
    Aug 29:
    Sept 5:

Weight -/+ total:

Successes/struggles: I took (the person posting above me) "jtkatch's" advise yesterday to drink a lot of water, cut back on salt, to be ready for today's weigh in. I dropped 3 lbs overnight! I know it's water weight, but still, it's nice to see that low number on the scale. The challenge for me is to stick with logging. I pick and snack a lot, and as the day goes on, I slack on logging. And sometimes I just want to eat the food and not acknowledge it. Crazy I know.
  • jtkatch
    Sandera2 wrote: »

Aug 8:
    Aug 15:
    Aug 22:
    Aug 29:
    Sept 5:

Weight -/+ total:

Successes/struggles: I took (the person posting above me) "jtkatch's" advise yesterday to drink a lot of water, cut back on salt, to be ready for today's weigh in. I dropped 3 lbs overnight! I know it's water weight, but still, it's nice to see that low number on the scale. The challenge for me is to stick with logging. I pick and snack a lot, and as the day goes on, I slack on logging. And sometimes I just want to eat the food and not acknowledge it. Crazy I know.

I am soooooo happy for you!!!! Amazing! Keep it up! I think I will now take your confession and correct myself " wanting to eat food and not acknowledge it" maybe this is my problem too and not realize it?? One or 2 pieces of mango or melon?? 2-3 cashews? Tasting the right seasoning for mashed potatoes? I guess they all add up!!! I will be more diligent in logging too!!

Great weight loss this week!! Keep it up!!
  • lindsaykristina11
    lindsaykristina11 Posts: 62 Member
    Start Weight (July 25): 152
    Goal Weight (Sept 5): 139
    Actual:

Total weight loss goal: 13 lbs

Weigh-ins (week of...):

July 25: 152      
    Aug 1:    151.2   Weight -/+ this week: -.8
    Aug 8:                 Weight -/+ this week:
    Aug 15:               Weight -/+ this week:
    Aug 22:               Weight -/+ this week:
    Aug 29:               Weight -/+ this week:
    Sept 5:                Weight -/+ this week:

Weight -/+ total: -.8

Successes/struggles: it's not a huge loss this week but I'm happy its something! Had so many events to attend (bridal showers etc.) Which makes it hard with all the food! But I tried my best to log everything and exercise. Going to try harder this week!
  • CMBOOGIE
    CMBOOGIE Posts: 4 Member
    A little behind the 8 ball but this sounds like a good challenge!

Name: Charlotte
    Start weight (July 25): 161.6
    Goal weight (Sep 5): 152

July 25: 161.6
    Aug 1: 161.6 -/+ this week:

Weight -/+ total:

Successes/struggles:
    1. Lazy logging
    2. "BLTs" - from above
    3. Feeling like I can afford to cheat because I am not THAT overweight until I was
  • MaGrl523
    MaGrl523 Posts: 101 Member
    I want in!!

Start Weight (July 25): 244
    Goal Weight (Sept 5): 234
    Actual:

Total weight loss goal: 10 lbs

Weigh-ins (week of...):

July 25: 244
    Aug 1: 241.6 Weight -/+ this week: 2.4lbs

Weight -/+ total:

Successes/struggles: Getting the motivation to exercise. NSV: Got blood work back and almost everything has gone down since Feb.
  • mx515pilot
    Sandera2 wrote: »

Aug 8:
    Aug 15:
    Aug 22:
    Aug 29:
    Sept 5:

Weight -/+ total:

Way to go!!! Thats great i would to see 1lbs. Keep up the good work!