Ate a fresh raw vegetable today?

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm confused as to why it has to be raw and why canned don't count...

At any rate, I've eaten about 1/2 Lb of veggies today.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    MamaFunky wrote: »
    Lisa_Ookoo wrote: »
    Home-grown tomatoes and avocado from my yard.

You grow your own Avocados!? How hard are they to grow? What type of climate do you live in. I never even thought about growing them? That would be awesome to have your own Avocado tree.

My personal trainer is trying to grow one inside. (This is Chicago, so definitely not the right climate outside.)

I suspect he will not be successful, but hope he is.
  • JayWillisBBA_AATCIS_BA_AAMath
    Options
    I ate a good handful of fresh raw pre-cut kale again today. And I ate a whole raw cucumber also.
  • socalrunner59
    socalrunner59 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes from the garden. I also picked basil that I will make into pesto sauce tomorrow. I also picked Japanese eggplant, tarragon, thyme and chives. I use the herbs in my morning omelette. Eggplant will be grilled tomorrow and served with pesto chicken.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had celery, cucumber, and a tomato.
  • NArrambide
    NArrambide Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I generally have a fruit w/ my breakfast & recently changed from banana to strawberries b/c berries have lower carb & sugar count.

Lunch is usually some version of a large mixed greens salad w/ beans for protein, onions, mushroom, berries, seeds for omega-3s and lemon or vinegar for dressing (Dr. Fuhrman's Nutritarian Diet).

I started juicing veggies again and at least one of my meals is juice.

CAUTION: I am learning that to be successful in weigh loss, choosing veggies & fruits w/ low glycemic count is important. That's where MyFitnessPal's macronutrients info has been helpful to my success.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, the only fresh produce I ate was squash from the garden. I have salad for lunch today with a piece of chicken breast leftover from Sunday dinner.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I picked a pizza from my pizza tree last night and ate it.
    What sort of climate do you need to grow a pizza tree?

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I continue to think the idea that only raw counts is bizarre, but I ate all the raw vegetables planned yesterday, so yay me, I guess.

Today I will probably have mostly cooked vegetables, although I might have some more gazpacho for lunch (lunch might also be skipped because I have a poorly-timed dentist appointment). Raw fennel and kale in my breakfast, though.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I continue to think the idea that only raw counts is bizarre, but I ate all the raw vegetables planned yesterday, so yay me, I guess.

Today I will probably have mostly cooked vegetables, although I might have some more gazpacho for lunch (lunch might also be skipped because I have a poorly-timed dentist appointment). Raw fennel and kale in my breakfast, though.

What's interesting is that there are many vegetables for which you actually get more nutrients when you cook them. I'm not sure where this idea came about that cooking vegetables is somehow a bad thing.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    What sort of climate do you need to grow a pizza tree?

Based on his avi, I would say it's hot there.

I think all the veggies I ate yesterday were cooked. Do they count? They were raw before I cooked them.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    The only raw veggies I ate yesterday were my baby carrots with lunch. The mushrooms, broccoli, peppers, carrots, and onions in my stir fry were all cooked (and most of them started out frozen). Baby carrots will probably be the only raw veggies I eat today, too. The tomatoes, mushrooms, and peppers in my pasta sauce for tonight have all been chopped and cooked down (though some of them were fresh when I started the sauce last night). I guess none of those count, though. Oh well. Maybe I'll put a slice of tomato on my sandwich at lunch. I'm sure that will save me.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    So far today I've had carrots, celery, onion, jalapeno peppers, bell peppers, spinach, lettuce, and cucumber. I'll have some okra with dinner tonight. I've also had mushrooms, which aren't vegetables but are kinda filed in the "vegetable" category in my mind).

Objection your honer, objection! You can't participate, you are vegan. This is cheating, CHEATING!

Your honer, I move to strike the record. :angry:

The system is rigged, I tell you! Rigged!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

<3 you
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    For breakfast, I had some store brand frozen berries that I cooked into a protein crumble. Lunch was leftover chicken vindaloo that had tomatoes, onions, and potatoes in, but they were cooked too, so don't count either. I have raw carrots for a snack, but there's a 70/30 chance they won't get eaten because I have no peanut butter to dip them. I guess I lose at this game.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Avocado, tomato, onions = guacamole. Other than that, mostly cheese and meat. Lol.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    No raw veggies until dinner again today, but then we'll be having slaw (cabbage, carrots, onion) along with a fresh raw veggie salad (zucchini, cucumber, tomatoes, peppers).