Fitness Band Help?!

Options
Hey guys! So I recently got one of those smart band fitness tracker things or whatever they are called lol! Mine is not a super tech one it was cheap and seems ok! The instructions tho aren't the best! and I have tried to do a lot of research on this one! I'm just wondering how it would work out the calories burned during a exercise in say exercise mode, would it be my heart rate?? As it also has a fat burning timer aswell it's just very confusing and annoying me haha! I actually tested it the other day but putting it in exercise mode and not actually exercising just going about like normal and the fat burning time still went up a little so I think that's not very accurate and yes I know the carlories/steps ect are all not accurate before anyone tells me that LOL

Replies

• DTrain351
    DTrain351 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    All those things are just guides. I used to use map my walk to judge my bike rides. Sometimes it would say I burned an exorbitant amount of calories. After talking to folks here I went out and got a heart rate monitor to figure how many calories I was burning. A better method but there are still better methods out there if I wanted to spend the cash. But, if that's all you've got...just go with it and use it to judge 1 workout against another. The specific info itll give you is probably wrong but hopefully you can use it somewhat to get your routines going in the right direction.
  • jinny1313
    jinny1313 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU FOR ASKING THIS!! I've been trying to find a good one but there are so many mixed reviews! How do you like the one you have so far?
  • sachasalviax
    sachasalviax Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ok guys I have a update, do you want to know why my watch was saying I was burning so many calories because I accidentally somehow had my weight set to about 450+ pounds LOL! I think I tried changing it to kg or something and done it wrong!! Atleast I'm glad I've sorted I'm now burning a lot less calories of corse!!! Lol defo believe my watch now!! Only I would do something like this!