Bacon appreciation

Options
Unsmoked, grilled, crispy rind/fat

Pro tip: score along the fat every millimetre and the crisp will bring a tear to your eye

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Love bacon. I think you may mean every centimetre not millimetre....
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    deadliftsandnoodles Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Millimetre so it resembles a pork comb
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I like the "sweet earth" brand bacon. Has a fantastic hickory flavor
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    Options
    Nice
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I cured and smoked a lovely hunk of bacon this week, brown sugar, bay leaves, garlic and juniper berry. My last lot was a maple/coffee cure, it was amazing with waffles.
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    Options
    o0un8t5i5fjt.gif

Dope af
  • LPflaum
    LPflaum Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Have you all discovered the bacon weave? If not, google it. Certainly a cheat day food, but also the stuff dreams are made of
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I generally don't like bacon, but i added a little to a recipe in place if chorizo. I love the flavor the fat gave the liquid.
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Oh I can't stand crispy bacon, give it to me barely cooked and juicy! Love it in a sandwich with butter and ketchup so the fat and butter and ketchup all run together.

I'm going to need a cold shower thinking about that.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Best idea for a first date!

bacon-roses-bacon-roses-demotivational-poster-1271547252.jpg
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    Options
    Oh I can't stand crispy bacon, give it to me barely cooked and juicy! Love it in a sandwich with butter and ketchup so the fat and butter and ketchup all run together.

I'm going to need a cold shower thinking about that.

Sent you a friend request because of your dirty talk (praying to God you are female otherwise awkwardddd)
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts sauteed with bacon, in bacon fat. One of life's little pleasures.
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    Options
    LPflaum wrote: »
    Have you all discovered the bacon weave? If not, google it. Certainly a cheat day food, but also the stuff dreams are made of

I first encountered the bacon weave from epic meal time and it will be what I wrap around my new born child. A slap from the Mrs will no doubt follow
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    due to pet pig i no longer eat pig... used to miss it everyday. Now i only miss it when i smell it.. then i start looking at my pet a little strange.
  • Troutrouter1968
    Troutrouter1968 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I use the bacon weave on pork tenderloin stuffed with boudin sausage. Can't beat a triple pork threat.
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    due to pet pig i no longer eat pig... used to miss it everyday. Now i only miss it when i smell it.. then i start looking at my pet a little strange.

Lmao this cracked me up so bad :)
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    StacyChrz wrote: »
    Brussels sprouts sauteed with bacon, in bacon fat. One of life's little pleasures.

This is the only way to eat Brussels sprouts, I have gotten so many sprout haters to eat and love them by serving them up fried with bacon.
  • pmastro724
    pmastro724 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I LIKE bacon not in LOVE...I can go months w/o it (gasp! I know).