The secret to building muscle

Options
123457»

Replies

• girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm having a really hard time following this...what If I want definition but I don't want my muscles that much bigger? ( I have flubber over them right now)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm having a really hard time following this...what If I want definition but I don't want my muscles that much bigger? ( I have flubber over them right now)

Generally, either recomp or cut weight. Ideally with adequate protein and a progressive lifting program. But there are variables. Keep in mind increasing muscle wont make you big and bulky. It just doesnt happen with women.
  • NasMax
    NasMax Posts: 138 Member
    Options

You just have to lower your bodyfat % so your muscle tissue is more visible = definition

You can only gain, maintain or lose fat... the same with muscle tissue, you can gain it, maintain it or lose it
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I've been benching, deadlifting and squatting since 2000. Wish I started sooner. The genetically gifted make the best gains tho. I've seen some strong skinny *kitten* powerlifters lol but I agree, go heavy or go home as far as real gains go. My fav saying.