Ate a fresh raw vegetable today?

Options

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    So far today I've had carrots, celery, onion, jalapeno peppers, bell peppers, spinach, lettuce, and cucumber. I'll have some okra with dinner tonight. I've also had mushrooms, which aren't vegetables but are kinda filed in the "vegetable" category in my mind).

Objection your honer, objection! You can't participate, you are vegan. This is cheating, CHEATING!

Your honer, I move to strike the record. :angry:

The system is rigged, I tell you! Rigged!

image.png
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    No raw veggies until dinner again today, but then we'll be having slaw (cabbage, carrots, onion) along with a fresh raw veggie salad (zucchini, cucumber, tomatoes, peppers).

Scratch that. I just got invited out for Mexican so I guess the only raw veg will probably be salsa and avocado.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I eat tons of organic local veggies every day. Makes up half of my diet volume wise. Usually half raw, half broiled/sauteed/etc. #votewithyourplate
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Went with the gazpacho at lunch, and also had raw jalapeno and avocado on the small sandwich I had with it (uh, with other things not relevant to the thread). Planning on all cooked veg with dinner, however.
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    green beans right out of the bag
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    and half an avocado just now
  • JayWillisBBA_AATCIS_BA_AAMath
    Options
    Ate a good handful of fresh raw pre-cut kale today. And I ate a whole raw cucumber also.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I had 1/2 banana in my coffee smoothie, then mixed power greens salad with chopped mixed salad, mini peppers, mushrooms, and homemade pico for lunch.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole cucumber, a whole yellow pepper, 400grams of leafy greens, a whole tomato, 200grams of red cabbage, 80g of baby bella mushrooms, 100g avocado...think that's it.
  • BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Green pepper green onions(3) cabbage tomato. Made a salad.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I had avocado for lunch... but it was mashed up and mixed with tuna (and left over from yesterday!), does that make it less fresh and raw and more processed?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I had berries and an apple for breakfast, but the berries were frozen and out of a bag and the apple was also out of a bag, I'm still doomed.
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    What if I cooked the veg? Yesterday I had kale, leek, mushroom, red onion and carrot. Today I'll be having spinach, cherry toms and mushroom. But they were all cooked by me.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I believe we've established that cooked vegetables do not count. (No, I do not understand why not, but this thread is for raw veg!)

;-)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I had berries and an apple for breakfast, but the berries were frozen and out of a bag and the apple was also out of a bag, I'm still doomed.

Why would you be doomed? I mean, I get that we are all doomed, but I'm missing how the berries and apple relate to your doom.
  • JayWillisBBA_AATCIS_BA_AAMath
    Options
    I'm not into micro-management, so any vegetable is helpful. But personally, I'm thrilled for eating fresh raw vegetables. And I'm thrilled while celebrating others who eat fresh raw vegetables also.
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    . . . celebrating others who eat fresh raw vegetables also.

ypcv803vlfno.gif

• CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I'm on holiday at a hotel that serves lots of lardy delicious things, and when I am in lardy holiday mode I tend to forget to eat veg at all. So I am actually fairly proud of having eaten raw cucumbers and melon at dinner, as it has made my day a lot healthier and will make tomorrow move along a little more briskly than otherwise
    ... I also feel proud of the mushrooms in cider and Stilton sauce, on the chef's behalf, because they were AMAZING.
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I put raw veggies in my lunch
    Quinoa based salad
    Bell peppers
    Carrots
    And tomatoes
  • snerggly
    snerggly Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    6 raw veggies today and probably two more at dinner.