Halo Top iced cream

Options

Replies

• rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I bought and kept some pints in the freezer for about two weeks. Found this thread and decided to go for the pint of chocolate last night. I gotta say I was impressed. I love ice cream, but my go to Hagen Daz Chocolate and Peanut butter is probably 1000 cals/pint, so this is a great substitute! After reading y'alls comments I'm looking forward to trying lemon cake and birthday cake. Its great to find a filling snack to satisfy my sweet tooth that's not a calorie bomb
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I just tried the Arctic Zero Cookie Dough Chip and I gotta say I like it better than Halo Top in my opinion. Maybe because I'm obsessed with cookie dough and Halo Top doesn't really have many flavors that really stand out like crazy. Halo Top is still better than the non-chunky Arctic Zero flavors though :) Cookie Dough Chip really set the bar high
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I got the chocolate halo top and softened it in the microwave and it tastes like chocolate mousse! So that's dinner. I'm gonna go broke on the stuff...

I will try the chunky Artic Zero eventually.
  • MrsLuca
    MrsLuca Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Got the strawberry for tonight.

Has anyone actually weighed out a pint? I haven't been weighing out my pre-packaged stuff lately but I need to buckle down a bit. Just wondering how the weight comes in compared to what the package says.

My strawberry was exact to the gram.

• Francl27
    Options
    MrsLuca wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Got the strawberry for tonight.

Has anyone actually weighed out a pint? I haven't been weighing out my pre-packaged stuff lately but I need to buckle down a bit. Just wondering how the weight comes in compared to what the package says.

My strawberry was exact to the gram.

Mine have always been lighter but I just log a pint anyway.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Like with any other food taste is subjective, I happen to like Halo Top and I don't get an after taste....stevia is not an artificial sweetener, you can grow the plant and use the leaves yourself to sweeten what ever you like. Sugar alcohol I've not dealt with much, but it didn't seem to bother me. That being said, I also love brussel sprouts and some people think they are nasty little bitter thing....so not everyone will like Halo Top.
  • Francl27
    Options
    marm1962 wrote: »
    Like with any other food taste is subjective, I happen to like Halo Top and I don't get an after taste....stevia is not an artificial sweetener, you can grow the plant and use the leaves yourself to sweeten what ever you like. Sugar alcohol I've not dealt with much, but it didn't seem to bother me. That being said, I also love brussel sprouts and some people think they are nasty little bitter thing....so not everyone will like Halo Top.

I got the aftertaste on one pint out of four. It was my second, so it put me off for a while though!
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I found the Halo Top and my grocer yesterday and bought the lemon. I also bought a pint of Thrive. I haven't tried either yet but will do so tonight. I am hoping they are both good because today is HOT and HUMID...ugh
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    evesmom2 wrote: »
    I found the Halo Top and my grocer yesterday and bought the lemon. I also bought a pint of Thrive. I haven't tried either yet but will do so tonight. I am hoping they are both good because today is HOT and HUMID...ugh

I had to look up Thrive since I've never heard of it. Apparently they only have it in a few places in NYC. I looked up the nutritional facts and the calorie count is no good compared to Halo Top, Arctic Zero, or Enlightened, even the No Added Sugar versions. Macro wise, all it has is a bit of extra protein, so I'm not exactly sure what they're aiming for. As it turns out, it has sulfates in it so I can't eat it anyway.
  • boolz
    boolz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just tried Halo Top this week, and basically feel like it is a pretty good alternative. They didn't have all the flavor a so I got mint chip and birthday cake. The mint has a very good mint flavor, my only caveat is that it is a little sweeter than I would like. The birthday cake flavor is just OK - I think it is more effected by the over-sweetness. Both had a good, creamy consistency. I'm hoping to try the vanilla and lemon cake next.
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Maxematics wrote: »
    evesmom2 wrote: »

I had to look up Thrive since I've never heard of it. Apparently they only have it in a few places in NYC. I looked up the nutritional facts and the calorie count is no good compared to Halo Top, Arctic Zero, or Enlightened, even the No Added Sugar versions. Macro wise, all it has is a bit of extra protein, so I'm not exactly sure what they're aiming for. As it turns out, it has sulfates in it so I can't eat it anyway.

Well, it is in Milwaukee too. I just bought it because it was chocolate....there was no Halo Top chocolate... and because it said "tastes like real ice cream". (I'm a sucker for advertising) The AZ I don't like

• queensamearh
    queensamearh Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I like my ice cream. I think I need to go to the store and buy some. Is it low fat or calories. I Alway have my ice cream late at night. I know it a bad habit, but I always think about it. Till I have it.
  • OcalaFL
    OcalaFL Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I like taking the Halo Top Vanilla Bean and adding some PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter in it...
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    OcalaFL wrote: »
    I like taking the Halo Top Vanilla Bean and adding some PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter in it...

I'll second this! I did this with the Chocolate Halo Top and loved it. I also like taking the Chocolate Mocha Chip and sprinkling cinnamon on it or topping it with roasted cinnamon chickpeas.
  • breahremington1987
    breahremington1987 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Aaaand after reading this thread I promptly drove to Kroger for a few pints
  • He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I couldn't believe how good the vanilla bean was after I microwaved it for 45 seconds. Going to try the lemon tonight!
  • Antmaril
    Antmaril Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I tried Halo Top Birthday Cake today and I like it much better than Lemon. No after taste to me. I microwaved it on 50% power for 30 seconds. Delish!
  • Francl27
    Options
    I finally tried the chocolate mocha chocolate chip... but unfortunately ended up spending some time in the bathroom afterwards again.

So I guess that's the end of my love story with Halo Top. Sigh.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I'm thankful I have to drive across town to buy Halo Top, otherwise I'd eat t every day. The vanilla bean is far the best followed by mint chocolate chip. Mocha is good, lemon cake was yucky. Personally, I'm sticking with Yasso -- can't do as much damage with a 100 calorie bar, and no artificial sweetener aftermath.
  • daleis49
    daleis49 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I finally tried the chocolate mocha chocolate chip... but unfortunately ended up spending some time in the bathroom afterwards again.

So I guess that's the end of my love story with Halo Top. Sigh.

Ditto!!