Gave into craving..help!

Options
Having a hard time controlling my cravings. I had a bad day today and screwed myself hard. What's something you eat in replace of chocolate ice cream? I'm desperate haha

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Something sweet, high volume, and low calorie. Maybe a giant protein shake (I have perfected low cal ones), protein fluff, a good 300g of 0% Greek yogurt with a bit of powdered peanut butter or protein powder, low calorie ice creams...
  • Haleymfp
    Haleymfp Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    But I'm trying to stay low carb so I think low calorie ice cream is out lol I do have protein shakes! But would be ok for me to have all that protein after my dinner?
  • arditarose
    Options
    Haleymfp wrote: »
    But I'm trying to stay low carb so I think low calorie ice cream is out lol I do have protein shakes! But would be ok for me to have all that protein after my dinner?

Why in the world would it be bad to have protein after dinner?

Also, I don't know what is low carb for you but I'm at 90 net carbs today, with ice cream.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Have a serving of ice cream if you want it.
  • BodyzLanguage
    BodyzLanguage Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    You can eat food, no matter what the macro make up, any time you want. If you want to lose weight just be in a deficit. I eat protein until I fall asleep. I could also eat carbs until I fall asleep too.

Preach! I basically eat a kings banquet before I fall asleep. A good 1500 calorie meal consisting of potatoes, burgers, chicken drumsticks, eggs & bread. Just ensure you're in a deficit and for the most part you eat actusl food, not lab experiments claiming to be food and you'll be alright.
  • arditarose
    Options
    You can eat food, no matter what the macro make up, any time you want. If you want to lose weight just be in a deficit. I eat protein until I fall asleep. I could also eat carbs until I fall asleep too.

Preach! I basically eat a kings banquet before I fall asleep. A good 1500 calorie meal consisting of potatoes, burgers, chicken drumsticks, eggs & bread. Just ensure you're in a deficit and for the most part you eat actusl food, not lab experiments claiming to be food and you'll be alright.

Dang. You're making me hungry. You IF?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    OP google protein fluff. Low calorie, sweet and very filling.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I really need to make fluff again. I swore it off after I found Halo Top ice cream but fluff is way more filling.
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options

Yep. Been practising fasting for 5 years now. It's been a game changer. My other meal is 900 cals, I like stuffing my face with huge meals. I feel great doing that.
  • arditarose
    Options

Yep. Been practising fasting for 5 years now. It's been a game changer. My other meal is 900 cals, I like stuffing my face with huge meals. I feel great doing that.

I wonder if I would like that. I do the opposite now, except with really high volume meals.

Anyway, sorry to derail OP
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options

I wonder if I would like that. I do the opposite now, except with really high volume meals.

Anyway, sorry to derail OP

I dabble with 3 meals at times but that "6 small meals" thing is truly dead in the water for me. And to actually answer OPs question, make a thick protein shsha. If your protein is chocolate based then that's great in your case. Add ice cubes, milk and a whole banana *if the banana is frozen even better. You can't go wrong with this concoction.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Have a serving of ice cream if you want it.

This. Calories are king for weight loss.

Yep! :)
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately for me low carb was not sustainable for me. I, like you had too many cravings and binge eating when I went low carb. Even though I lost a ton of weight I couldn't keep it off because I had to have my carbs. I hope it works out better for you.
  • manicmuse1
    manicmuse1 Posts: 17 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I think it really depends on where you are at and your diet. Things really taste different based on if you eat a lot of sugar regularly or not, in my opinion.

Like for me I am focusing on keto paleo. Very high fat, moderate protein, minimal carbs. No sugar.

My ice cream fix in a pinch?

2-3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 tsp stevia
    1 scoop chocolate protein
    2-4 ice cubes
    1 cup almond milk
    1 tablespoon cashew butter
    1 tablespoon coconut oil (cause I need the fat content)

Pinterest Paleo dessert recipes are my best friend and great for those looking to go low carb. That is where I found a recipe similar to mine that I was able to modify for my needs.

I get a lot of cravings. I really find keeping a well stocked kitchen of healthy building blocks in essential. When the cravings strike, I can whip something healthy but tasty together really fast and stomp out those cravings before they turning into a midnight run to Walmart for ice cream.

Also I highly suggest homemade almond joys stored in the freezer. Ohhh or almond meal peanut butter Paleo cookies!

Hope at least something I said helps!
  • MaureenRefior
    MaureenRefior Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Okay, what is IF?
  • chudson195
    chudson195 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Beachbody programs and the Shakeology has been awesome in getting rid of my cravings!
  • BodyzLanguage
    Options
    Okay, what is IF?

Taken from Google (I'm being lazy)

Intermittent fasting is an eating pattern where you cycle between periods of eating and fasting. It does not say anything about which foods to eat, but rather when you should eat them. There are several different intermittent fasting methods, all of which split the day or week into eating periods and fasting periods.

Example of fasting - 16/8, 18/6 etc. The higher number being the fasting period the lower number being the eating window.
  • thatdesertgirl777
    thatdesertgirl777 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I eat these Enlightened ice cream bars, 80 calories. High protein too. They're actually really good.

So generally I stave off cravings by eating foods I love, and working them into my calorie goal.
  • MaureenRefior
    MaureenRefior Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Okay, what is IF?

Taken from Google (I'm being lazy)

Intermittent fasting is an eating pattern where you cycle between periods of eating and fasting. It does not say anything about which foods to eat, but rather when you should eat them. There are several different intermittent fasting methods, all of which split the day or week into eating periods and fasting periods.

Example of fasting - 16/8, 18/6 etc. The higher number being the fasting period the lower number being the eating window.

See, if I did that, I'd never stop eating, lol.