Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• tararooksby
    tararooksby Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    No, MFP is not accurate right now. I don't use it during cuts. My cuts are not calorie specific, only macro specific. Without typing it all out.....Workout days are 3oz protein and 2 cups veg at every meal/snack, and carbs at afternoon snack and dinner. Casein, fat and carbs before bed. Rest days are 4oz protein, some carbs/no fat early in the day, no carbs/some fat late in the day.

I will admit I've never seen a plan like the one you are describing before, so bear with me, but is meal timing an important part of this plan? If I had those parameters, I don't think I'd find much I would want to eat for breakfast either, as I'm also not a savory breakfast person. Can you postpone the first meal of the day until closer to the traditional lunch hour?
    Yes, timing is set.
  • tararooksby
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    It's no additional carbs or fat outside the protein and veggies. So for instance the fat in ham doesn't count. But having an egg yolk would. I guess I'm looking for some ingredient and spice combos that aren't gross.
    Right now the timing is specific so no I can't swap one meal for another.

This is really arbitrary. What exactly is different about the fat in an egg yolk that is different from the fat in ham?
    The fat in ham is minimal and the fat in the egg can be separated out. Low fat meat is encouraged but the fat in the meat (other than eggs) isn't factored in to the overall macros.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    No, MFP is not accurate right now. I don't use it during cuts. My cuts are not calorie specific, only macro specific. Without typing it all out.....Workout days are 3oz protein and 2 cups veg at every meal/snack, and carbs at afternoon snack and dinner. Casein, fat and carbs before bed. Rest days are 4oz protein, some carbs/no fat early in the day, no carbs/some fat late in the day.

I will admit I've never seen a plan like the one you are describing before, so bear with me, but is meal timing an important part of this plan? If I had those parameters, I don't think I'd find much I would want to eat for breakfast either, as I'm also not a savory breakfast person. Can you postpone the first meal of the day until closer to the traditional lunch hour?
    Yes, timing is set.

why? Macro timing is irrelevant for about 90% of the population with the exception of professional body builders, and professional athletes, and even then you are taking about gaining a 1% edge..maybe...
  • tararooksby
    edited August 2016
    Options
    njd wrote:
    why? Macro timing is irrelevant for about 90% of the population with the exception of professional body builders, and professional athletes, and even then you are taking about gaining a 1% edge..maybe...

I'm not sure but will ask. All I know is each cut has been a drop fat and maintain muscle plan.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    It's no additional carbs or fat outside the protein and veggies. So for instance the fat in ham doesn't count. But having an egg yolk would. I guess I'm looking for some ingredient and spice combos that aren't gross.
    Right now the timing is specific so no I can't swap one meal for another.

This is really arbitrary. What exactly is different about the fat in an egg yolk that is different from the fat in ham?
    The fat in ham is minimal and the fat in the egg can be separated out. Low fat meat is encouraged but the fat in the meat (other than eggs) isn't factored in to the overall macros.

I am sorry but that does not make any sense. Fat = fat ....and having a higher fat macro, does not make one fat...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    njd wrote:

I'm not sure but will ask. All I know is each cut has been a drop fat and maintain muscle plan.

I would definitely ask that and ask why there is an arbitrary limitation on when fat counts vs it doesn't. Because at the end of the day, total diet composition is what matters, not individual meals.
  • sijaeabc
    sijaeabc Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Since you asked for spice flavoring ideas I'll suggest Cholula hot sauce - makes everything taste better :) and I imagine it would make egg whites and veggies more edible.