Is there anything you don't bother to log?

Options

Replies

• suzan06
    suzan06 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Salsa, because really on my taco the tablespoon of salsa is not relevant.
  • realcalm
    realcalm Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything with no calories, except my one-a-day vitamin, just to make sure I'm not going to get scurvy or some such. Also don't log lettuce, spinach, or mushrooms, because, well, it just seems ridiculous (I know, if I were fussing about every nutrient, I would, but I'm just worried about calories and keeping the macros reasonably well balanced.) it's a matter of information priorities. And there's one more thing- I don't log my weekly ~50 cal iced coffee at Starbucks. That's my secret treat.
  • kizanne1
    kizanne1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't log Matcha tea, sometimes water, small condiments like mustard. When making a salad I sometimes don't log really low calorie foods used in small amounts like 1 mushroom or a few onion slices. That's only laziness because it takes time to log all that. I'll log 2 cups spinach and any main ingredient like 1/2 a pepper.
  • heartofplastic
    heartofplastic Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I log everything from cooking butter to ketchup (even if it's just 1 tsp). Calories are calories! Especially sauces or dressing can be very high calorie (100 per tbs!) Why wouldn't you if you could be eating several tbs of them? It makes a difference.
  • heartofplastic
    heartofplastic Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Ps. The things I don't bother to log are things with 0 calories, like green tea and water lol
  • lista10
    lista10 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Meh! All day I ate so bad and I don't even want to know how much I went over! For the past few days i haven't gone to the gym and so I just eat crappy and I need to not do that.
  • LittleChipin
    LittleChipin Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Wait...you're supposed to log spices?!

They have calories (albeit not many) so some people choose to log them for greater accuracy. As to whether or not you are "supposed" to, that's an individual choice. Many people successfully lose without logging them.

I feel like it's a huge pain to log every little spice. I log oil and butter for cooking but definitely not spices!
  • my58vw
    my58vw Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have started logging my coffee at 50 calories a cup to cover the milk and tablespoon of sugar. I don't log vegetables that are under 20 - 30 calories, and just add it to other items in the dish, or roll it into a correction at the end of the day. The closest I have been to my calorie limit is 44 calories, but normally it is 200 - 300 when I excesize, so I do not worry about it. I also do not log minor spices in food. I don't log water because I drink it constantly and don't measure it (since I drink mostly water, milk, and tea/coffee).

I don't log steps, stairs, or non gym/athletic work.
  • Alienique
    Alienique Posts: 122 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I put lemon slices in my water this morning, and I didn't log those.
  • dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    AJF230 wrote: »
    Salads...I try to hit the big items in the salad....eggs, dressing, beans, tomato, lettuce/spinach. If a little carrot ends up in there or some onion, meh.
    But don't go pile on some lump of cheese and forget to log it. After all, your body logs it. It logs everything. No pun intended.

You body also passes some the calories out. Maybe you should log that too!
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I don't log Crystal Light - yeah, I know it isn't good for me. But combined with my Takeya thermos that keeps ice all day, my water consumption has quadrupled. Figure the health benefit of being well hydrated outweigh the negatives.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Wait...you're supposed to log spices?!

I don't, nor do i log taste tests when I'm cooking. I log pretty much everything else though.

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I don't log lettuce I put on my boca burgers.
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I log everything except condiments, don't really know why, but very rarely have them and most days I have calories left.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    havent logged consistently in months. did it before for years. still losing consistently.

when i did log, spices, zero calorie things, etc didnt get logged.
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    i log the major stuff i dont bother with the herbs, spices, stupid stuff anything under 25 calories i wont log
  • fatgiraffe2
    fatgiraffe2 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I don't log tea even though I have milk in it. I have tea quite strong, so I don't bother logging the drop of milk.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I don't log the cooking spray I use to cook eggs every morning, and I don't log 0 calorie things.

With the amount of coffee I drink, the length of my daily food log would probably double if I added it.
  • AriaLace
    AriaLace Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I don't bother logging Diet Coke or herbs.
  • skyhowl
    skyhowl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Spices and salt, and my onion pickles :D