Women 5'8"-5'9" success pics

Options

Replies

• berolcolour
    berolcolour Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    aliblain wrote: »
    I'm only 5 foot 7 and look pretty skinny at 140lb! The lightest I have ever been is 138lbs and I had family members worried about me. I would have thought it would be difficult for someone who is 5 foot 9 to get to 140lbs. Wonderful transformations ladies by the way! I'm aiming to lose 30lb to be around the 140lb mark.

I think it varies a lot between people. Someone in this post is heavier than me, but looks a lot smaller. At 5'8" I could definitely go lower than 140. At 150 I still have plenty of chub left! (and too much waist) :D
  • Chele_Belle_
    Chele_Belle_ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great work! It's so exciting to be in the 100 club! You can definitely see a difference.

I don't know if my progress is quite visible yet. But I lost 21 lbs and I wanna show off!

I started at 219 lbs
    cw: 198
    gw:150? Idk we'll see when I get close

9pp2kf8ka714.png

Edit: I'm 5'8"

• Notaphase
    Notaphase Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Help! I was doing really well for 60 days and then as soon as I got to my "mental block" weight 152 everything got so much harder. I don't know why it's so hard for me to get below this stupid number. I've had so many social commitments lately that involve food and even though I plan for this all day I keep going over. I have this stupid mentality that if I go over by 100 calories I might as well go over by 500. Also I've been weightlifting this whole time and seeing great results but in the last two weeks I can't lift weights that used to be relatively easy and it's demoralizing. It really feels like I'm trying to sabotage myself. How do I find that sabotaging part of myself and stop it. I wanted to prove to myself that I could get under 150 but I need to tackle this block if I'm ever going to do it.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    aimez23 wrote: »
    I'm currently bouncing between 152-55 and wear a U.K. Size 8 but I train hard and lift weights so my muscle:fat ratio is pretty high. I'm small framed but at 5'8.5 can't imagine weighing much less than this and still looking healthy xx 9wjhphwddcd3.jpeg

I cannot for the life of me imagine being able to be that small at that weight! I'm around 20% bodyfat under 140 always, you look like I did at 130lb and 20% bodyfat. Where are you keeping the other 20lb? Do you have bones made of lead? If I cut I'd weigh less, not more.
  • kaiser44
    kaiser44 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    following
  • berolcolour
    berolcolour Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    robininfl wrote: »
    I'm currently bouncing between 152-55 and wear a U.K. Size 8 but I train hard and lift weights so my muscle:fat ratio is pretty high. I'm small framed but at 5'8.5 can't imagine weighing much less than this and still looking healthy xx 9wjhphwddcd3.jpeg

I cannot for the life of me imagine being able to be that small at that weight! I'm around 20% bodyfat under 140 always, you look like I did at 130lb and 20% bodyfat. Where are you keeping the other 20lb? Do you have bones made of lead? If I cut I'd weigh less, not more.

Maybe aimez23 has enormous feet! ;)
    Notaphase wrote: »
    Help! I was doing really well for 60 days and then as soon as I got to my "mental block" weight 152 everything got so much harder. I don't know why it's so hard for me to get below this stupid number. I've had so many social commitments lately that involve food and even though I plan for this all day I keep going over. I have this stupid mentality that if I go over by 100 calories I might as well go over by 500. Also I've been weightlifting this whole time and seeing great results but in the last two weeks I can't lift weights that used to be relatively easy and it's demoralizing. It really feels like I'm trying to sabotage myself. How do I find that sabotaging part of myself and stop it. I wanted to prove to myself that I could get under 150 but I need to tackle this block if I'm ever going to do it.

I have today(!) gone under 150. I was 150 last November and life happened and I didn't bother and now I'm just getting back there. So get there now. Not in months time like me wondering why it took so long. I aim under 1500kcal and I count everyday I'm under and everyday I'm under 2000 and each month I try and do a little better. In July I had 24 really good days, 6 adequate days and one lets not talk about it days o:) (for me, that's a very good month). Pick your numbers, have a look at July and try and beat it in August. :)
  • stelloian
    stelloian Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Notaphase wrote: »

I really don't have much to say except I feel you. I finally broke through 150 only to get stuck at 149.2 for over a month now. I cannot get below and it is driving me nuts.

When I got to that place you are at mentally, I decided to take a break for about two weeks and eat at 2000 cal to get my energy/strength back. Not being able to lift your "easy" weights makes me think you have been in such a deficit that your body cannot function to that level. While losing weight is the goal, you also need to feed those building muscles. Maybe refocus on strength goals for a month and then go back to weight loss?

Just an idea.
  • madseasons
    madseasons Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    stelloian wrote: »

Great work! ONEDERLAND!!! You look amazing and healthy!

Thanks!!!! I feel so much better already. She is 18 months and down 66 so far...Lost 100 after having my first born (son) and I am only 23 away from being back down there...then a little more after
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Just wondering, what calorie ranges are you all in? I am 5'8 and currently 170, hoping to get in the low 150's

I'm 5'7 currently 170 and have my calories set a little over 1500
  • aimez23
    aimez23 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

I think it must just be the amount of training I do, that has made me more lean and muscular than I used to be. For me to go back to the 130s or even 140s I think I'd have to quit the weights and to back to my "skinny fat" body, but I try not to let the number phase me and go by measurements instead, I feel happy in myself now :)
  • aimez23
    aimez23 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bbgraine wrote: »

You look absolutely amazing! You make me rethink my goal weight of 140. Although it seems like the people like you who have a high proportion of muscle usually start out at a lower weight and then work hard to build muscle.

Thank you :) yeah I was a lower weight to start but a dress size larger, I just did loads of steady state cardio and was unhappy in myself. I wouldn't personally get too hung up on a number, just keep trying and when you feel happy then stay there - if it's not the number you had in mind, but you feel good,who cares
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options

I think it must just be the amount of training I do, that has made me more lean and muscular than I used to be. For me to go back to the 130s or even 140s I think I'd have to quit the weights and to back to my "skinny fat" body, but I try not to let the number phase me and go by measurements instead, I feel happy in myself now :)

You should feel happy! You look fantastic, healthy and slender.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Priss08 wrote: »
    I'm 5'9" and I'm large framed. I've been lifting the whole time I've been loosing so I'm about 183lbs. My goal is 165-170 lbs. I'll throw in some in some current 183lb pics for you.

wjdbikygx1gg.jpg
    r0wnfa74aw0j.jpg

<3 I cant wait to get to this size. I feel like 170 is good for me despite it still being "overweight" bc I'm also 5'9 and relatively larger framed in my opinion.

Love this thread. I'm currently 5'9 and 245 lbs (down 30 from my start), working towards 170 and this is a good motivator. I fell off my plan the last month and despite not gaining any weight back, I still feel crappy and am getting back to it.
  • boydboydboyd
    boydboydboyd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love the tall ladies thread! Losing weight for us looks so different.

I am 5'10
    SW: 290 lbs - Just after having my second son 06/2015
    CW: 255 lbs - Eating clean and running
    GW1:199 lbs - can't remember the last time I was under 200

I don't have a final goal weight yet, I do have a goal of a half marathon in the next year. So I keep my eye on that.

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm loving this so far. Everyone is doing wonderfully!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!