Eat whatever you want

Options

Replies

• bendis2007
    bendis2007 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yup! I had a 2 cocktails this week, pizza, lasagna, half of a cupcake, and I still lost 2 pounds.
    Of course I had to run a few extra miles, and ate a LOT more baby spinach than usual to offset the more delicious food.
    It works for me, but I wouldn't recommend it for everyone. I'm at a stage where I can cut myself off from food and walk away.
  • gvizzle74
    gvizzle74 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i couldn't do it any other way. the way i ate to lose weight had to be the same quality and type of food that i would eat to maintain my weight loss.

so far so good....maintaining 140 pound weight loss for almost 6 months (and i just ate two peanut butter chocolate chip cookies warm out of the oven)
  • kermax39
    kermax39 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want, but there are some things I have decided not to include anymore only because I dont do tiny portions and find theyre not worth the calories. Such as full fat hard cheese, cream, anything deep fried in batter and real butter, pastry.Luckily iv not got a sweet tooth.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Yes, because if I am not willing to give up a food forever, then I was not going to give it up for weight loss. So I eat one measured serving of ice cream, not a pint at a time. I eat fried foods less often. And I did decide I could never eat refried beans again and eat black beans instead. I do me. :-)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Everyone eats whatever they want. But their motivation for wanting it differs.

Yes, this.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Count me in - I've had home made pizza and lasagna this week, going out for dinner tonight (I have eaten at this place many times and know the calorie counts and portion sizes) and even fit in a bowl of cracker chips every single night with my cup of tea. Down 98lbs. Its a dream come true
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I do for the most part, but recently discovered that I still binge on something I hadn't had in a long time - damn Combos. Ate the whole bag.
  • bubble_wrap0428
    bubble_wrap0428 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Not in all aspects. I can't eat just half a donut so I just don't eat one at all. But I can eat a portion of homemade pizza, Alfredo, whole some meals without going overboard. Somethings I know to avoid because they aren't worth the heavy calories and lack of nutrition.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I wish I could, but if I ate what I wanted within my calories I'd just be hungry all the time. I don't think it really works for people who mostly like sweet stuff, lol.

But yes, I make meals that I actually like and often base them on my cravings (other than sweets, obviously).
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Yes, I eat what ever I want, but I'm guessing what I want to eat isn't what everyone else may want to eat all the time. I think most people assume that if they hear you say "I eat whatever I want" that means junk food etc. Not for me, I don't want to eat junk food anymore.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    fr33sia12 wrote: »
    I think most people assume that if they hear you say "I eat whatever I want" that means junk food etc.

I'm always surprised by how many people assume it means "eat all junk food." I never wanted to eat all junk food, and certainly not now. I want to eat a balanced, nutrient dense diet and what I crave are a variety of foods, including lean meats and vegetables (and lately mostly fruit). And, sure, I personally want to eat some ice cream on a hot day sometimes too, or to go out for Italian, as I plan to tonight!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I think most people assume that if they hear you say "I eat whatever I want" that means junk food etc.

I'm always surprised by how many people assume it means "eat all junk food." I never wanted to eat all junk food, and certainly not now. I want to eat a balanced, nutrient dense diet and what I crave are a variety of foods, including lean meats and vegetables (and lately mostly fruit). And, sure, I personally want to eat some ice cream on a hot day sometimes too, or to go out for Italian, as I plan to tonight!

Well in my case, I was eating 90% junk/high calorie food before I decided to lose weight, so...
  • Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Nothing is completely off limits to me, but some things are only occasional treats. I find I am much less hungry if I limit some kinds of food. I want to limit hunger more than I want to have whatever I want, just limiting portion size.
  • amwoods72
    amwoods72 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yep, I just started that. I had a friend get me into the 21 day fix cups. I refuse to do the shakes, but the portion control and counting calories here while working out seems to be working as of right now :) I do the treadmill about 5-6 days week and aim to burn at least 500 calories each time. Just started the stationary bike today too so we'll see how that goes LOL!! I am LOVING Planet Fitness. Good luck on your journey.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    For "eat whatever you want" to mean anything you also need to define the frequency. In this regard I doubt calorie conscious people would eat a donut everyday.

I am following an approach where I literally can eat as much as I want, like diet never register my mind, eg buffet, whole large pizza, 30 oz steak, etc., but even then, on cut back days I still need to limit certain foods (soda, sugar coated pastries...) to keep my chance of success. Foods aren't equal. Consume them strategically and discrimately to increase your chance of success.

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I can't do that. Cause I'd only drink coffee and beer and I'd eat 80% crap with 20% healthy stuff instead of the other way around.

And, I'd live off mostly bread and butter. mmmm....carby goodness.
  • lemurcat12
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Well in my case, I was eating 90% junk/high calorie food before I decided to lose weight, so...

I wasn't, and I think I still eat what I want within my calories when eating a quite nutritious diet with sweets only on occasion. Sometimes I want more than fits in my calories, of course. Heck, even when I was fat and didn't care I'd sometimes want more than I could eat and had to make choices.
  • andream1976
    andream1976 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yep and I've been consistently losing weight. It really is all about balance. When you go banishing certain foods and depriving yourself of your favorite foods it just makes you want them even more. If this is truly a lifestyle change, you'll learn moderation and that yes, you can have a burger and fries every once in a while or go out for drinks a few times a month and still maintain your weight. Live and learn.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    I can eat whatever I want, but certainly not always as much as I would want.

There are times I have to think whether a food is worth it, though. For example, cookies are tasty but not very filling, so if I eat some, I will be hungrier later. Sometimes I make that choice. Other times I choose something different.

I find myself evaluating whether a food is really worth it; it's almost like shopping for something I don't need. If I'm lucky, someone is with me who can taste something & tell me if it's really worth the calories, fat, carbs, etc. Nothing worse than getting a mouth full of something that looks yummy but isn't!