Cannot lose weight even though I stay within my calorie goal

Options
2»

Replies

• RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is way too low. As a woman, you are not supposed to eat under 1300 (and that's pushing it) but 1400 is what i've mainly heard. I started at 1300 and couldn't lose.. I bumped it up to 1600 and lost 7 pounds the first month. You have to remember if your body thinks it's starving, it's NOT going to shed any weight!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Your profile is closed, so I can't see what height or even what gender you are, so it's impossible to even start to guess what's going on.

If you're male you need to be eating at least 1500 calories a day. If you are lighter than average, you will not be burning anywhere near the calories you think you are for exercise - some of those are logged at nearly ten calories per minute which you'd only burn doing extremely intense exercise if, for instance, you were a normal sized woman.
  • pkpzp228
    pkpzp228 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    It's been mentioned but I'd like to reiterate the importance of protein, just from initial inspection 200+ grams of carbs and 50- grams of protein is completely out of sorts IMO. I know MFP is what gives the initial proportions and yes these proportions can be effective, especially when someone is working in a weight loss range where merely having a calorie deficit will suffice. For someone who's a bit lower in body fat (10-15 to lose) eating 200+ carbs and 50- protein is like carb loading prior to an event... or a consistent elite athletic diet.

My suggestion is move your percentages to around 40/40/20 (p/c/f) give your body some time at those levels to adjust, then re-evaluate your energy levels, if you're dragging *kitten* everyday and starting to feel sick you need more cals if you're bonking during every exercise session you need more carbs. When you're down to around 10-15 pounds to go, things like anaerobic threshold begin to play a larger role in your ability to lose fat and providing the right proportions of carbs at the right times begins to be important as well.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    You are eating too little. You need to get right up to the calories required; don't leave even 100 cals remaining in green; it's actually better to go over a bit into red.

Read the first post here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/196502-for-the-people-who-work-out-like-crazy-and-are-not-losing?hl=for+people+who+work+out+like+crazy

blessings.
  • bhatiak
    bhatiak Posts: 14
    Options
    Actually, I am eating around 1400 calories every day
  • bhatiak
    Options
    I opened my profile ... Thanks
  • bhatiak
    Options
    You even eat all your exercise calories ... I am above my 1200, close to 1400 but exercise adds to about 300 or so every day.
  • bhatiak
    Options
    Good article ... will change my eating habits ... thanks so much