Please post a recent NSV or SV!

Options

Replies

• Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Had to call the Doc yesterday - blood pressure is dropping dangerously low (a positive outcome). Due to exercise and diet one blood pressure medication removed. One to go. Will be great to get off all these medications!

That's great!! My bp has been on the higher end ever since being diagnosed w/thyroid disease. At my last appt. he said since there is family history of hbp, chances were that I would end up on medication as well. I joined here that same day in hopes that I can avoid that pill!!
  • newgrace
    newgrace Posts: 64
    Options
    My NSV today is completing day 3 of the insanity workout. While I may be sore, I'm determined to finish it :smile:
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I often look at old pictures of myself, and there is one trip to NYC from years ago that I marvel at, thinking "I hope that I'm that skinny again some day."

Here's the NSV: Over the weekend, I found an old pair of pants in the back of the closet, and they fit great! They were actually almost too big... and at some point during the day of wearing them, I realized that these were worn by me in that NYC trip!!! Is it possible that I'm that skinny again already?! How exciting. :-)
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Had to call the Doc yesterday - blood pressure is dropping dangerously low (a positive outcome). Due to exercise and diet one blood pressure medication removed. One to go. Will be great to get off all these medications!

THIS IS GREAT. I have a family member who struggles with high blood pressure and would love to be able to leave the medication behind. So glad that you've been able to get off of a medicaton. Congrats! And keep going, my friend! :-D
    ~TheGlitterMouse
  • mikesnwgirl
    mikesnwgirl Posts: 112
    Options
    Good job everyone on all of your accomplishments!! You are all doing so great. It always feels awesome when you know what your doing is working!!

Now for my NSV--- I no longer fit in any of my clothes, not even the ones that were to small. Monday I put on the smallest pair of shorts I own and the were baggy. It's about time to buy something smaller!! I'm trying to hold out 10 more lbs. We will see if I make it that far.
  • megansmom311
    megansmom311 Posts: 168
    Options
    I was playing Dance Central on the XBox with my son...and my pants *almost* fell off when doing the 'torch' because they were so baggy. :blushing:

Also, I TOTALLY BEAT HIM. :drinker:
  • alslau02
    alslau02 Posts: 64
    Options
    This is a NSV and a doh moment.

I bought all Old Navy size 8 jeans, but now that they are washed I probably should have bought size 6.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I bought a fab teal one shoulder dress a few months ago without trying it on. Big mistake. It was not that i needed to lose a few pounds. I needed to lose a WHOLE lot of pounds. I thought it would never fit me. I am going to a wedding this weekend and had tried every shop looking for a dress but could find nothing. I saw the dressing hanging in the wardrobe and thought it will never ever fit i might as well give it away but guess what it bloody fit !!!!!
  • kiki75243
    kiki75243 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My scale hasn't moved much lately but my jeans are getting to big...and my honey says my stomach is looking smaller!!!!! My coworkers told me dat too....so glad....
  • karlajohnson123
    karlajohnson123 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    WOw! What a great feeling. Proud of you!
  • Fatcatsmom
    Fatcatsmom Posts: 21
    Options
    The last 10 days my blood pressure has been lower, today 128/68, another day 119/68. A few times I've even felt a little woozy because it's never that low even with the medication I've been on for a few years. I check it daily at work so my Dr. can review on my next appointment. Because I've only lost 15 lbs so far I think this is due to the better eating. It's a great incentive to keep going.
    Also I was able to wear a pair of capris to work yesterday that were just a little too snug to wear last summer.
  • kellyrorie
    kellyrorie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    NICE! my Bf has been gone a month and I have been working my butt off for an NSV JUST like that when he gets back! congrats :)
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I wore my bra on the middle prongs instead of the loosest all day without getting those lovely indentations on my back and whatnot. WOOT~
  • Hollie55
    Hollie55 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well done to everyone!!!!!

My NSV is on Monday at the gym I was on the bike & realised as I was peddling that my thighs no longer rubbed together on the bike :)
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I bought a fab teal one shoulder dress a few months ago without trying it on. Big mistake. It was not that i needed to lose a few pounds. I needed to lose a WHOLE lot of pounds. I thought it would never fit me. I am going to a wedding this weekend and had tried every shop looking for a dress but could find nothing. I saw the dressing hanging in the wardrobe and thought it will never ever fit i might as well give it away but guess what it bloody fit !!!!!

I love this one!!!

xx
  • karlajohnson123
    karlajohnson123 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    ok. here is a dumb question(forgive me)
    What does NSV or SV stand for?
    Did I mention I am new to this?
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Options
    ok. here is a dumb question(forgive me)
    What does NSV or SV stand for?
    Did I mention I am new to this?

Non scale victory

Scale victory

xx
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I went to a restaurant a couple weeks ago, and the waiter accidentally handed me the kids menu -- and NO, I do not dress like a child in the least. :drinker:

A man that same week asked my mom at a fair if I would be interested in a study group.....for 13 year olds. :drinker:

Saw a friend for the first time in 1 year and one of her first comments was, "You're...so short!" (I love being short) :drinker:

I am interested in anti/reverse aging as well as shrinking in height as well as in losing weight. No weight lose nsvs yet but the other things made me really happy! :bigsmile:
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Options
    This morning I got into some shorts I'd not been able to fit into for about 3 years!!!

xx
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I tracked "bad" food I ate earlier this week. I hated doing it because psychologically I hate seeing myself go over on my calorie goal but the fact that I was honest with myself was a big NSV for me!