Alcohol Calories?

So I know that people say that you need to log alcohol calories the same as you would food and account for it in your daily allowance, I maybe pushing my luck here but I dont think it works the same as food.
My start weight was 192lb im now at 148lb, I am 5ft 4 and I eat around 1300-1500 calories a day. I have drank alcohol most weekends without counting (sometimes stupid amounts- dont judge) and still lost weight just fine. This is providing that I dont eat loads of crap the day after when hungover.
I am just looking to see if this is the case for anyone else, or am I just odd?

Replies

• Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    I can't lose if I drink too. So I don't drink, except the odd glass of wine, or Miller64 with Lime Sparkling Ice to mimic a margarita....
  • xjessicaxrx
    xjessicaxrx Posts: 144 Member
    edited August 2016
    Well I drank 2 bottles of wine last night and godknows what else because I dont remember, but my weight is still the same today? I would have thought that there was too many calories in wine (if counting) for that to be actually possible? I ate a normal amount of food during the day so my food calories were ok, not under.
  • xjessicaxrx
    No not really I was just at a family garden party. I always drink a lot of water anyway but I woke up in the night twice and drank a full pint of water each time?
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    The weight gain may show in a few days, just like your weight doesn't show when it goes down straight away, it doesn't go up straight away either.
  • xjessicaxrx
    I weigh myself everyday and have done for over 6 months. Its as if the alcohol doesn't affect my weight, the scales behave the same on a daily/ weekly basis wether iv had a drink that particular week or been completely tea total :)
  • fr33sia12
    You must be one of the lucky ones then, like people who say they can eat and eat and never gain weight ;)
  • xjessicaxrx
    Oh dont get me wrong food gets me every time! If I end up getting a greasy kebab on my way home from a night out thats a different story haha! My weight losses have slowed down recently but I put that down to me being lighter.
  • fr33sia12
    Oh dont get me wrong food gets me every time! If I end up getting a greasy kebab on my way home from a night out thats a different story haha! My weight losses have slowed down recently but I put that down to me being lighter.

Ah we get to it now, so you're still losing, but not as much and put that down to weighing less. Maybe it is down to the alcohol calories too and if you hadn't drunk all those calories you would have lost a lot more.
  • xjessicaxrx
    Well I drank 2 bottles of wine last night and godknows what else because I dont remember, but my weight is still the same today? I would have thought that there was too many calories in wine (if counting) for that to be actually possible? I ate a normal amount of food during the day so my food calories were ok, not under.

Two bottles of wine plus more? Your poor liver. Forget about weight for the moment, have you considered the long term impact on your health due to binge drinking?

Nah, I dont do it very often. I barely drink at all anymore to be fair, maybe once a month if that.
  • xjessicaxrx
    fr33sia12 wrote: »

Ah we get to it now, so you're still losing, but not as much and put that down to weighing less. Maybe it is down to the alcohol calories too and if you hadn't drunk all those calories you would have lost a lot more.

I lose on average 0.5 - 1lb per week regardless, when I was fatter it was more like 2-3lb per week.
  • jcow84
    jcow84 Posts: 75 Member
    How old are you? Some people's bodies are a lot more forgiving when they're younger but bad habits catch up eventually.
  • Woodspoon
    Woodspoon Posts: 223 Member
    so 2 bottles of wine were consumed and no weight went on?
    Nah, don't think so
    even if it were just water, weight would go on, because the liquid itself weighs something.
  • xjessicaxrx
    fr33sia12 wrote: »

Two bottles of wine plus more? Your poor liver. Forget about weight for the moment, have you considered the long term impact on your health due to binge drinking?

Nah, I dont do it very often. I barely drink at all anymore to be fair, maybe once a month if that.
    But in your original post you say you drink most weekends and don't put on weight. Now you say you only drink once a month.

In my OP I was generalising, before last night its been 4 weeks since I last had a drink. But in the past there have been a few weekends on the bounce where iv dared to enjoy life yes. The only time iv ever noticed a difference on the scales is when iv eaten loads the next day. When I eat normally it is fine!
  • xjessicaxrx
    Woodspoon wrote: »
    so 2 bottles of wine were consumed and no weight went on?
    Nah, don't think so
    even if it were just water, weight would go on, because the liquid itself weighs something.

Are you calling my scales a liar? Haha I do pee alot too :)
    I am 26.