quick breakfasts I could take with me to work?

Options
jessicarn76
jessicarn76 Posts: 94 Member
I get to work about 7:30 or 8 and will eat a quick bite at my desk before the business starts. I normally take a packet of low sugar oatmeal and a small snack box of raisins to put in it but I'm getting burnt out on that. I tried the ww breakfast sandwiches and I love them but not sure if I want to put 210 calories into breakfast. Suggestions?

Replies

• aabyrer
    aabyrer Posts: 57
    Options
    I try to make my breakfasts 300 calories or more because it keeps me full. I fill it with fiber (Fiber One bars are great for on the road), a banana or apple, and something else like a piece of whole grain raisin toast or something..there are also some special K protein meal bars that are great that I'll grab with a piece of fruit or fruit cup sometimes if I'm running short on time. I keep those bars in my desk at work because they're good for anytime of the day..
    Goodluck! Breakfast seems to be the hardest part of the day to figure out...
  • kristen11joy
    kristen11joy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You need some protein -- string cheese, hard-boiled egg, or something. I'm not a fan of regular hard-boiled eggs, but I love tea eggs (a chinese snack, eggs are boiled with tea, soya sauce and salt - you can probably google a recipe) That said, I don't think 210 calories is too bad for breakfast -- mine is usually 250 or so. But I'm a real breakfast person (can't leave home without it!)
  • hippiebea
    hippiebea Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I also eat breakfast in the morning and take oatmeal. Like you, I got bored! Now I boil eggs either while I'm getting ready or the night before and eat one at work - 70 calories. This morning b/c I was tired of the bland taste and I'm not a salt fan - i put some hot sauce on it LOL no add'l calories. To mix it up more, I buy Cascadian Farms Granola - they have berry harvest, Vanilla Almond, Chocolate. My favorite is the Harvest Berry - 130 Calories. Hope this gives you a bit more variety! As I experiment with things I will post here to share with ya! And FYI so you don't feel so bad - my breakfasts are averaging about 200 - 300 on weekends. But I don't have time to make breakfast in the morning on weekdays. So don't beat yourself up with the oatmeal!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Hardboiled egg and a yogurt. Dry cereal and coffee, fruit salad and yogurt. Fiber one bar and cup of tea. Banana and any of the previous suggestions.

Breakfast should be one of your higher calories meals each day though so don't cut yourself short.
  • loseisthegoal4me
    Options
    Hungry Girl website has some breakfast mugs - with eggbeaters in a coffee mug. The ones I tried were tasty. and something you can do in an office microwave (or at home while doing makeup).
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is usually about 360 calories. I have a microwave egg poacher, so I throw an English muffin in the toaster, egg in the micro, and pour a glass of juice. Throw the egg and a slice of cheese on the muffin, take in car to eat. ;). Takes me about 3 minutes to make, and keeps me full to lunch....
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I can't live without breakfast! I also wouldn't have lost this much weight without it. It's my largest meal of the day with between 450-550 calories. I work from home so it's easy to make whatever I want. However, on the go, I would pack some hard boiled eggs, string cheese, Greek yogurt with granola, banana, apple or some red grapes, cashews and/or some skim milk. Try to get as much protein as you can because that will help keep you fuller longer. It will also help keep you energized for a full day of work. Bring some healthy snacks for later in the day too. Good luck!
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    Some random high fiber all natural bar (Kashi, etc), throw some bacon or turkey bacon in the microwave, grab a handful of nuts, and a piece of fruit. Yogurt and string cheese work well, too. You need protein in the morning and don't be afraid to put a lot of calories into breakfast.
  • rwash0904
    rwash0904 Posts: 9
    Options
    When traveling I often take with me the following for breakfast: 1) cascading farm toasted oat cereal- 1cup, almond milk-1 cup, hard boiled egg whites( remarkably low in calories) 2) whole wheat toast, egg whites, blueberries, banana. 3) 1 or 1/2 cup quinoa, 1/2 cup almond milk, banana or blueberries. Good Luck
  • emmaline8
    emmaline8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    People think oatmeal is boring, but there is so much you can do with it! Get plain oats instead of instant, and try them cold! I just prepared my breakfast for tomorrow and put it in the fridge. I did 1/2 cup oats, 1 T crunchy PB, 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 T cocoa powder, and 1 packet of splenda. So yummy!
    or try 1/2 cup oats, 2/3 cup milk, then add blueberries and maple syrup in the morning. I love overnight oats. And if you put them in a tupperware, just grab and go!
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    I usually end up eating my breakfast at my desk to! Lately I've been eating toast with half an avocado mashed on top with some chia seeds sprinkled on it....so simple but keeps me full for a long time:)
  • hippiebea
    hippiebea Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That sounds so good!! Think I'm going to try it!
  • trimfitness
    Options
    i make sure you eat protein and carbohydrate..watch the sugar..rule for each meal is to eat at least 10 grams of protein with each meal/snack and less than 30 grams of carbohydrate at each meal/snack...watch the sugar. try green yogart and add fresh blue berries.. when buying greek yogart make sure sugar is low( 6 gram or less) total protein is 22 and total carb. 7 g. If you have trader joes get the trader joe's greek style yogart...and add blue berries. if you need sweened it add small amount of honey
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    boiled egg white
    oatmeal/protein powder shake
    peanut butter and whole grain (ezekiel bread) toast
    scrambled mini-quiche (pre-make and freeze, then warm up as needed). Scramble egg whites with whatever veggies you want in it (spinach, mushrooms, etc) and fill muffin tins, bake 8-10 mins. YUM

Try to make as much as your own food and try not to get processed foods. It will make your journey more successful.
  • caligirl1977
    caligirl1977 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I fill cupcake tins with different veggies like chopped spinach, zuchinni, onions, mushrooms then top with egg beaters (cartons of egg whites) and bake a bunch for the week. All I have to do is pull out 2 egg cups and stick them between a toasted bagel thin for an awesome and quick 250 calorie breakfast!
    Be sure to spray cupcake tins with Pam and add whatever seasoning to egg beaters

Trader joes High Fiber cereal topped with berries and 1 cup of Almond Milk is another great breakfast for low cals
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Quaker oatmeal to go and a banana
    Yogurt mixed with fruit and cereal
    Eggs in a cup (or tortilla)
  • kittybitz79
    kittybitz79 Posts: 213
    Options
    Just before I leave for work, I take 1cup V8 fusion or low sugar OJ and 1 cup frozen fruit and blend it. Then bring that and either an egg or 1 cup cinaburst cheerios. Eat them at my desk.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    2 boiled eggs (I only eat one yolk), a piece of toast, and some fruit.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    210 calories is too much for breakfast? I'm putting 460 calories into breakfast today alone. It's the most important meal of the day. It gets you up and at 'em and, as the name suggests, breaks the fast you were in during the night when you were sleeping. Invest a few calories! :)

That being said, I often eat breakfast at work also. Here are some of my suggestions:
    - Kashi Go Lean cereal (13 grams of protein per serving and fairly low in sugar), Chobani Greek yogurt (also about 14 grams of protein per serving) and fruit
    - Toasted whole grain waffles smothered in peanut butter (very easy to carry)
    - Steel cut oats with dried fruit and nuts (sounds like you're doing this kind of thing already)
    - If all else fails, a protein bar. I keep them in my desk for those mornings I go flying out the door and forget to bring something to eat.
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    yoplait fat free yogurt - 100 cals
    fiber one 90 calorie bar

190 calories. and filling. I eat that pretty much everyday.