Netflix/Amazon Prime shows?

Options

Replies

• diverjent
    diverjent Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We watched Stanger Things last, before that Bloodline <3 my fav and How to Get Away with Murder!
  • diverjent
    Options
    O ya ... Making a Murder was great! It is based on a true story unfortunately.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    I'm not normally a documentary person, but my husband started watching Raiders of the Lost Art while I was cooking dinner and I really enjoyed it. Chef's Table is on my list, but I technically can't recommend it yet.

Given that I watch kids' shows on Netflix (Animaniacs, Phineas and Ferb) I definitely have kid-friendly recommendations, but they're probably not your cup of tea :p Arrested Development is genius and not like your usual sitcom, definitely look into it.
  • diverjent
    Options
    @Franci27 I was to quick to post suggestions .. I see you are looking for "kid friendly" I don't think mine are.
  • catestevam
    catestevam Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ok aside from Stranger things, which was awesome, Black mirror (kind of like the twilight zone, but in today's world), Hart of Dixie (really cute/light watch), House of Cards, Star trek-The next generation, Cheers, and Peaky Blinders (alert-there's a good amount of violence in this one)...that's all I can think of at the moment for shows on Netflix. Non-Netflix shows worth watching: Six feet under (HBO) and The Knick (Cinemax)
  • Dekayla13
    Dekayla13 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The killing was awesome. I'll admit the first episode kind of dragged a bit but I was compelled enough to watch the next one just to see (without giving too much away), who did it and ended up addicted and watched every season!
  • kevinf2380
    kevinf2380 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    If you like The Goonies and E.T. you'll love Stranger Things.
  • kevinf2380
    Options
    The Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt is good. The second season went downhill. I have a real affection for the show Parenthood. I think all 8 sessions are on Netflix. Be prepared to go through every emotion if you binge watch it.
  • kevinf2380
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Is Justified on prime? That show was awesome. Also see if you like the show called the Finder. It only lasted one season but it was excellent.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    kevinf2380 wrote: »
    The Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt is good. The second season went downhill. I have a real affection for the show Parenthood. I think all 8 sessions are on Netflix. Be prepared to go through every emotion if you binge watch it.

I loved Parenthood so much. Was heartbroken when it ended.
  • kevinf2380
    Options
    It was one of the best shows ever.
  • cowgoo
    cowgoo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    IDK if anyone mentioned this (sorry not kid friendly) but Making a Murderer on Netflix is great if you like crime type stuff. To follow that up try Paradise Lost trilogy (might be on HBO now or Amazon) and then...there's a podcast which I like listening to while doing things called Serial. The first season was good but the second hasn't caught my interest yet.
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    This might be a repeat but I just started watching Limitless on Netflix. It IS a cop show so they deal with crime. But the one time it got all CSI with a crime scene they turned it into a comedy because he couldn't handle the violence so his subconscious changed the words throughout the episode. It was SO hard to follow, but SO funny. They do goofy episodes akin to what Supernatural sometimes does.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Probably not kid friendly, but on Prime there is a show called Bosch that I quite like. In its second season so there are a few episodes for you.
  • JustLikeJordin
    JustLikeJordin Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    So Netflix:
    Stranger Things = Stephen King's It meets Super 8. Wildly entertaining. I even love the 80's vibe it gives during the opening credits. All characters well placed.
    The Fall
    Portlandia
    Master of None
    Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
    Love
    I used to work out to New Girl because why not but now that I can literally recite all seasons I'm waiting on the newest one to hit.
    Hemlock Grove is also not to be missed. Love those Skarsgaard boys!!
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Not necessarily kid friendly, but you can be the judge...

The Wire
    Transparent
    The Sopranos
    Downton Abbey
    (All above on Prime; below on Netflix)
    River
    Happy Valley
    Sherlock
    The Fall
    Nurse Jackie
    Bojack Horseman
    Archer
    Bob's Burgers
    Portlandia

:)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I started How To Get Away with Murder but unfortunately I'm not exactly going to be able to keep watching it with my kids around, lol!

Really need kid friendly stuff :( I mean a bit of kissing and shooting is fine, but there are limits, lol.
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Amazon's Transparent is excellent.
  • peaceissues
    peaceissues Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Madam Secretary, Wentworth, OITNB are a few good shows on Netflix, in my opinion, of course.
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Stranger things is appropriate i watched it with my 8 year old. But it depends on you of course. But i love the office, jane the virgin (really good and not innapropriate its a about a virgin who accidently got artificially inseminated),