Do you exercise everyday?

Options

Replies

• RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I would actually love to workout every day but I have arthritis in my back as well as degenerative disc disease so I've learned that every other day is my limit. If I stick with that I'm relatively pain free. Exercising daily causes me to have way too much pain.
  • Alienique
    Alienique Posts: 122 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I do yoga daily, Latin dancing 2-3 hours per week, calisthenics (sit-ups, squats, crunches, etc.) 3 days a week, and lots of walking (>10 hours per week). The walking is only during the summer months, though.
  • thenananator
    thenananator Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    3 cardio /3 strength and on the 7th day.....well I rest.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Do you exercise everyday?

Yep ... absolutely!!

But I mix it up. Some days (like yesterday) I walk 20 minutes. That was a rest day. Other days, like a few weeks ago, I cycle a century (100 miles). Just depends.

I'll add that my commute to university or work or between university and work includes walking, so I incorporate exercise into my day that way.

Yesterday I walked 5.3 km and it was all commuting kilometres.

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    Normally just 3 days/wk but recently it's been 6-7 because I joined a 2500 (100/day) push up and 100,000 meter rowing challenge for August.

On top of that, I'm doing my regular lifting workouts 2x/wk and a CrossFit routine 1x a week plus an extra 2500 (100/day) sissy squats (w/& w/o wt) to match the pushups.

So, I'm keeping pretty busy exercising this month. ;)
  • healthy491
    healthy491 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    1 hour cardio 6 days a week
    And in Sundays I just do 30 mins
    I dont do strength training , I just do some squats , sit ups and bicep curls whenever I feel like it
  • plami92
    plami92 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I hate working out, but I really want to change so \i work out 6 days a week.
  • braintown
    braintown Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Nope! I don't exercise every day! But I like my noms and I like feeling good about myself afterwards, so I'm trying to find some exercises that work for me. That's what I'm doing in this forum, looking at what others are doing and trying things out.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I run 4 days, walk 2 days and strength train on 5 days (so I actually exercise twice a day 5 days a week). On the 7th day, I do full rest, doesn't matter if that is an active rest day or not.
  • avalonblues
    avalonblues Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I try to do a Crossfit workout 3x a week and play golf whenever I can. Whether you count golf as a workout (I don't unless I am walking) is a personal choice.
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I exercise every day, cycling and walking, purely because I get a kick out of doing it. I love to exercise.

Having gone from someone who struggled to walk up the stairs to someone who can cycle 20+ miles in one session, I prefer to keep the momentum going and not to slide backwards into a couch potato again. And I like to see if I can go further and faster in the same amount of time.
  • Dayle1984
    Dayle1984 Posts: 70 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I do Crossfit 5x per week. I try to take one full rest day per week. On the second rest day I will do hot yoga. Sometimes I'll add in a run on one of my rest days as well. I consider it active rest because I usually lift weights.

If you hate it, my suggestion is to find something you like. Exercise comes in many forms, if you hate running or lifting weights, don't do those things. Maybe you like a sport such as soccer, or bike riding, or even zumba. You gotta find something you like doing.
  • Turb2o
    Turb2o Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I exercise every day its called not being lazy
  • hmltwin
    hmltwin Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My main exercise is walking - which I'm doing every day at this point. During the workweek, I walk at lunch and on my 2 fifteens. Saturday, I "powershop" - which is basically going early to the supermarket and going through the shopping list as quickly as possible. I generally get done in about half an hour (with about 5K steps). Sunday, I've been going for a walking in the morning before church. Yesterday, I did my normal route, but I ran about half of it.

I'll agree with what others have said: find something that you like doing. I really don't like lifting weights, so that's not something I'm ever going to do. However, I find walking and yoga relaxing. I've been walking since the start of the year and I've lost 37 pounds. I've just started doing yoga (on Saturday) and really liked it. I plan to do some more tonight.
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I exercise 6 days a week, either weightlifting or running. I am relatively active outside of that. On my rest day I will usually do a 30-45 minute walk at an easy pace.

Some days I look forward to it, some days I don't want to. Part of the routine at this point though.
  • sfcrocker
    sfcrocker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Six days a week of planned exercise for me. I take Thursdays off, other than walking the dog. I also work for a University so often have to walk from one building to another, sometimes up to 10 or 15 minutes away so I'm always moving in some way.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Turb2o wrote: »
    I exercise every day its called not being lazy

really?
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    OP 4 days is fine, just make sure you put some effort into it
    you might not like it but you will like the results.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    6 days a week. 5 days running, 1 day cross training.