Focus T25 by Shaun T - Just starting. Accountability and motivation.

Options

Replies

• cdelgado623
    cdelgado623 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hollie, sometimes we all need a reminder. Was your attitude better your next workout?

Lovelyfe, welcome to the thread! You may not have made it all the way through today, but you tried. Just keep at it!

Silverbullets, congrats on finishing beta!! Will you go on to gamma?

Sapphire, still around?

My workout today was my most interrupted yet. My two year old is going through some sort of sleep regression and was out of bed every five minutes. Still got it done, but it didn't feel as hard with all of the breaks. Definitely lacked motivation though.
  • SliverBulletsUK
    SliverBulletsUK Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

@Lovelyfe don't worry about it, it's a new workout and you will conquer it before you know it. Also don't be afraid to hit the pause button , gather your breathe and get right back into it.

Tanya or Tonia or however she spells it, the modifier, had not long had a baby before she got the call from Shaun T to do the video. She didn't want to do it as she had lost all her core strength and didn't think she would be able too. She stuck with it, carried on training, got her body back and is now smashing it on the video every time you press play :)

Stay with it, you will get this!

I did speed 2.0 yesterday and core cardio. Love it. Speed 2.0 is probably my fave out of all of them. Very quick and has a good beat.

Yes CD I am starting gamma next week, I'm already doing this alongside p90x3 though so I'm not sure if I'll do the hybrid though. I might just make my own up with bits of T25, Insanity and X3.

Everyone else on here keep doing well and working hard.

I may pop in form time to time to check on you haha.

Until then

FOCUS!!!
  • marinabrazil
    marinabrazil Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

So glad I found this thread. I am on day 12 of Alpha and want to go all the way through! I would love some help on the way. Other than checking in here, is there anyone willing to friend me so we can motivate each other?
  • cdelgado623
    cdelgado623 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Cardio today. Uninterrupted, thankfully! I'll be watching my friends kids tomorrow, it's an hour drive each way to her house. Two hours of driving, six kids six and under all day, and it's supposed to be the double day. It probably will get pushed to Saturday. :-/
  • faizay401
    faizay401 Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Please help to start this t25 workout .. Is there a Cd for this or any link ..
  • Sapphire_Elf
    Sapphire_Elf Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Sapphire, when do you workout? With kids and work and the rest of life, do you wake up extra early? You're going to feel great after the double tomorrow!

Hi! Sorry, been lazy about checking in for a bit, though I have been doing the workouts.... I don't have any kiddies and I'm horrible in the mornings (think snooze....snoooze....snoooooze....crap I'm late LOL). I do my workouts as soon as I get home from work, so in the door, changed, bounce round like a wally (and inevitably fall over the cat), collapse in a heap. LOL.

Tonight was the end of week 3 for me, so total body + ab intervals. Ouchies.

Feeling a tiny bit discouraged as I can't really see or feel any changes, though. Scale and inches seem to be remaining the same, although my tummy feels a bit flatter *sigh*

Hope you guys are all doing well!!

xx

• SliverBulletsUK
    SliverBulletsUK Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hey sapphire,

Just keep working hard. The results will come.

Your nutrition is a massive part so make sure that's on point but it really steps up in beta so you will definitely see some changes then.

Just gotta stick with it and keep working hard!

Good luck :)
  • marinabrazil
    Options
    Hi peeps!
    Just finished my double Friday of week 2: Ab Intervals + Lower Focus. Found that to be sooooo much easier than Cardio + Ab Intervals!! I can't imagine surviving total body + ab intervals Sapphire! I do not look forward to next week.

Even though I have pre-menstrual bloating, I still managed to lose one pound this week and I feel so much thinner (haven't been measuring).

Have great weekend everyone!
  • holliehatesyou
    holliehatesyou Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Ahhh. Yesterday and today were rough. Since I'm leaving in just a few minutes to go out of town, I switched Friday and Thursday (so I could get the double workout done and leave earlier today with only Cardio to get done). I have a couple of minor, but nagging injuries (top of my left foot is pulled? sprained? Is that a thing? And an annoying glute pain), so I am overjoyed I have a couple of days to let them heal up and for me to rest. I'm hurting!

I didn't weigh myself before I started, but I did at the end of week 1. So here at the end of week 2, I lost 3 pounds. So yay.
  • reclaimmylife4mfp
    reclaimmylife4mfp Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started today. It seems like a lot of fun.
  • LoveLyfe7
    LoveLyfe7 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @silverbulletsUK thanks! Your right day 4 and 5 weren't as bad. I didn't do the double day I'm splitting it up.
  • Sapphire_Elf
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hey sapphire,

Just keep working hard. The results will come.

Your nutrition is a massive part so make sure that's on point but it really steps up in beta so you will definitely see some changes then.

Just gotta stick with it and keep working hard!

Good luck :)

Cheers Silver :)

diet has been pretty crap the last few months for a number of personal reasons (including no will power lmao) so I'm really trying to focus on sorting that out. Thing is now I'm eating more 'cleanly' I'm struggling to hit my calorie goal. Also seem to have an, er, issue that seems to be related to wheat - put as diplomatically as possible, volume in has not been equalling volume out!!! - so been trying to stop eating bread/pasta etc. Feel much better having cut most of it out :)

• Sapphire_Elf
    edited August 2016
    Options
    OMG sorry for double post but having said that I wasn't seeing any results from t25 and Chalean extreme, I've just done my measurements. Holy cow, as Chalene would say!!!

Weight has only gone down 1lb, but I've lost almost an inch from my chest and an inch from my waist. whoop whoop!!!!! :D
  • reclaimmylife4mfp
    edited August 2016
    Options
    This is only my first week, but I think this will be a exactly what I need. I did Insanity a few years ago, but I know I am not ready for that again. I think T25 will be a great way to build myself back up.

The shorter time commitment will also be necessary in a couple weeks when I return to work full time and school.

Lynn
  • Sapphire_Elf
    Options
    Week 4 workout 1 complete - cardio. I've also been unfaithful to Shaun T...!! >:)B)

Just for kicks (and because I recently signed up for beachbody on demand and can't stop fiddling about!) I then did the first workout from the Hammer & Chisel programme - Chisel Balance. My legs feel like jelly...... The last exercise is a 1-leg deadlift row into a pistol squat and as it's balance you're obviously not meant to put your foot down between the movements (15 reps on each leg and you repeat each leg twice). I only managed 5 out of the 15 each time but I think that says more about my balance than leg strength lol. :o

Still H&C could be next on the list when I finish t25.
  • marinabrazil
    Options
    @Sapphire_Elf Wait a go at those inches! And I just saw that deal on demand today! Definitely will sign up once I finish T25. I think if I sign up now I will be tempted to try one a day and not finish what I started.

@reclaimmylife4mfp Welcome to the program and congrats in finishing week 1!

I was just going to do usual Stretch today, but it was such a beautiful day and I didn't have much going on, so did Alpha Cardio, TurboFire HIIT 30 (LOVE TF) and Stretch. So I will definetly be going for dessert at lunch today! Yay! :D

Waking up at 5am tomorrow to crawl to my least favorite workout of all: Total Body Circuit. Wish me luck! Have a great week everyone!
  • reclaimmylife4mfp
    Options

@reclaimmylife4mfp Welcome to the program and congrats in finishing week 1!

I was just going to do usual Stretch today, but it was such a beautiful day and I didn't have much going on, so did Alpha Cardio, TurboFire HIIT 30 (LOVE TF) and Stretch. So I will definetly be going for dessert at lunch today! Yay!

Thanks, and wow, how inspirational!
  • marinabrazil
    Options
    Not even 6am and Total Body Circuit is DONE! It is hard to describe how much I hate this workout, but it always makes me create a huge puddle of sweat and is an amazing workout. I can't believe I have to do it twice this week!! :s

Can any woman out there tell me how many calories they burn in this workout? I don't have a heart monitor so I always use the estimate from the T25 Calorie Burned Calculator (which says I burn around 310 calories with my weight), but today my workout partner used a HM and it said she only burned 192 calories. She is basically my same height and weight and we work out high intensity every time!! Any ideas? Is that a normal amount or could it be wrong?

Have a great day everyone!
  • reineke1992
    reineke1992 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've had t25 for over 6 months now and I've never made it thru more than a week. I feel I get an incredible burn and workout when I do it, but idk why I always stop. It's like I convinced myself it's too hard to find the time (sad right) even though I DO go to the gym 6 nights a week for over an hour. I've never made it past disc 4.

Do those participating and who have completed alpha and/or beta, do you recommend I give it another STRICT go? Have you seen desired losses? And how can I STAY MOTIVATED?

Maybe I need an accountabilibuddy to kick me in the butt to make sure I do them and then log them on the timeline.
  • RachelRiley87
    RachelRiley87 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi I havnt got time to catch up with everyone, but have read a few of the posts so fantastic to have so many people pushing through. So many new faces its great!

I finished the programme including the gammas.. I'm restarting from beta today after time off I have alot of stuff going on in my home life and work is insane because of it.. I am pushing play and trying to cope with everything I have going on.

I'm excited to restart and do beta again and praying I can physically finish the workout.. here's to hoping. Keep up the great work guys and girls and can't wait to see progress reports to keep me motivated.