Focus T25 by Shaun T - Just starting. Accountability and motivation.

Options

Replies

• chookywillow
    chookywillow Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    rkae I have always had to modify press ups. can manage a few then its to my knees! cant imagine I will ever able to do enough to complete a whole workout. I aim to do a bit more each time but it won't be anytime soon!
  • RachelRiley87
    RachelRiley87 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    So tired today had so much to do today so my body decided it would not let me fall asleep til 3am and I was up for work at 7am.. still so much to do later and travelling! Atleast my workouts are wrapped up so I can chose to do an optional tomorrow.

@chookywillow congrats on your progress to 5lb and 3lbs that's brilliant, upper focus is a killer! It must feel great to be upping the weights now?(atleast I feel it is for me). Hopefully your right and I'll adjust the more I use them. Sounds like your keeping busy and getting an extra workout there in the garden.. that made me smile too my phone aurocorrects everything and misses letters as I type. Enjoy your weekend we have alot of morris dancing near us but I'm from Dorset so barn dances etc are a popular occurrence here. Also small towns and villages. I may try a little gin and tonic later with lime.

@Blessed_Mommy86 that's amazing fingers crossed gamma helps burn off those last 7lbs! Goodluck with the bridal shower and the temptations of the bbq.. I just finished work and we're off travelling for our bbq and live music event. I literally used all the massages in this morning as lunges and squatting this so I can sneak in an extra drink or burger later!

@Ivmamaduke welcome to the thread, your not too far behind us all. In fact your level with and a week or two ahead of some on here. Glad your loving it so far me too! Just finished week 7.. wow feelw great saying that 3weeks lefg then off to Gamma cant believe its been that long already. It was at your week when I started to calculate my body fat and muscle mass % to see results as I was staying level with my scale weight. Keep us updated.

• RachelRiley87
    Options
    Just a quick question if anyone knows the answer.

My fitness pal is set at lose 1kg per week with food which leaves me at 1200, my Bmr is 1453 or there abouts from scale testing body fat muscle mass etc. I have been eating back my workout calories (235roughly) each day so I'm eating my maintenence then I have defecite of what ever is left?? I heard you need to eat on t25 as it's quite a big workout being hitt and everyday. Now I've read some articles I'm wondering if I should have ate them back or not????? Help very confused!! Could I do it without eating back or does that leave me too low as I'm set to lose? Would I lose more as I'm losing very slowly but body changing dramatically.. orrr (sorry this is becoming an essay) do I stick to what I'm doing? I have hypo thyroid so it's tough to lose anyway but I'm super curious if I'm sabotaging myself now?! I'm still super happy with my results but this has left me stumped.
  • supersimonesquirrel
    supersimonesquirrel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi all :smile: Just done the first t25 workout tonight after a week off from training - loved it! Am I right in thinking there are no weights in the first phase? I usually lift weights but I am really looking to improve my cardio - struggled a little with the choreography but I will get there (hopefully).
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    No weights for Alpha phase
  • ReecyCGB
    ReecyCGB Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @RachelRiley87 What I'm doing is eating my TDEE. Your BMR is what your body needs to just lay in bed all day. By not eating your BMR results in your metabolism slowing down, so you would have to lower your calories to reach to same weight loss in the future. At the moment you're not eating maintenance, you're eating your BMR, TDEE is maintenence.
    My BMR is 1700, my TDEE is 2100 on the activity level that I put in. I eat 1800 calories plus what I burn in exercise. You are right to be eating back the calories that you burn. Hope this helps, it might not be for you but this is what I've been doing.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
    I use this calculator.
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @Real149 thankyou so much for your reply it really helps alot. I shall look up tdee as no idea what this is. I will look at calculator later today and sit down and go through everything to make sure I'm getting the best out of this. Going to change to lose .5kg a week also so should up my calories slightly.

@supersimonesquirrel welcome to the thread, no weights til Beta so you may want to add some in as to not lose muscle mass/tone in the alpha round. Gamma is designed for strength and weights which is the add on workouts. Hope that helps. Alpha is definitely cardio with strength thrown in and beta is core strength with some cardio. Goodluck on your journey. Let us know how you do and yes eventually you will learn the routines.. I just could never learn the moving punches I have two left feet!
  • rkaegeecee
    rkaegeecee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Question, how do you guys log T25 workouts on here? What are the calories burned per video?
  • duffydog1
    duffydog1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi - I had hodgkins too and also I am hypothyroid (a side effect of the radiation damaging the thyroid gland). The thyroid problem makes it particularly hard to lose weight, but not impossible. I find I plateau all the time - loads of people on here will tell you it is a simple equation of calories consumed versus calories burned - I even used to believe that myself until the thyroid stopped functioning. For us it has to be much more scientific - it's about what foods those calories consist of. I weigh everything, log everything and wear a HR monitor to get accurate calories burned on work outs. I rarely eat back my exercise calories and sometime despite all this I will go for 2 week periods with zero weight loss. When I plateau like this I up my calories to about 1800 per day for 3 days - all healthy calories. I eat protein with every meal and loads of leafy greens- sadly very little carbs and virtually no sugar at all except those naturally present in fruits which I only eat in the morning to give me plenty of time to burn it off. This is sad because if you are hypothyroid you often lack energy and carbs give me the energy I am desperately lacking - they also make me fat. I just pile my plate with tons of veggies and salad and add in seeds like flaxseed and nuts (all calorie counted) - these help fight cancer causing free radicals too. Then after 3 days I go back to my regular 1200 calories per day ( again all healthy calories as above - just less!) and I start to loose a little weight again - but it's slow - but it will come off eventually.
    After cancer I know it feels harder to compromise - 'why shouldn't I have the food that I love, I've gone through enough' - I have been like that for a long while. Finally I have reached a place where I miss the pre-cancer me. It means I have to compromise on the foods I like to eat,- forever, realistically if I want to keep the weight off, but I want it badly enough to make these compromises and I wish I had done it before. I have lost about 10lbs and have another 10 to go - despite working out like crazy ( various Beachbody every day), running 3 times per week, walking my two big dogs daily, being a Mum and working on my feet and eating a max of 1200 calories per day (I'm only 5ft4") I will be lucky if I lose half a pound per week ( although I am staying positive that sometimes I will do better). You may have to work harder than other people to lose weight but when you really want it and commit to it you can and will make it happen. I wish you the very best of luck for a bright and healthy future!
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Well I just got back today! The vacation was awesome and much needed, but I guess the weather has been bad here and we got back and the a/c wasn't working or the power on one side of house :( . It's a holiday here so unfortunately can't even get anyone on the phone to come out and look at it (not raining anymore) so nothing we can do about it until tomorrow. I'm a wimp and it's way too hot so we're at a hotel.

I got back on my usual smoothie breakfast, but probably won't be able to do T25 today since we're on an upper floor at the hotel. I'm bum about that, means I'll have to add in another double day at some point this week. Class schedule at the gym is light because of the holiday, so none of my usual classes going on...but I'm gonna try to at least hit up the gym today and do something.

I'm ready to start week 4 of Beta! Oh yea..since I'm not at home yet can't weigh myself. I'm nervous to see what my weight will be :| .
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @rkaegeece I put under circuit training general others are using more accurate hrm.

@duffydog1 it's so nice to hear from someone with similar history to me. It is such a struggle and having someone who is doing so well and coming up with the same issues is sort of comforting to read. It's really interesting about how you talk about the calories as I see that sometimes I get fed up and derail for a couple of days going over and suddenly get a weight loss shift on the scales. I'm fairly good with eating but I might try and be more accurate and weigh stuff on scales soon like you. Good to hear about the seeds. How long have you been in remission if you don't mind me asking? I also only had radiotherapy the second time when I relapsed but I've been in remission 8years at the end of this year. They only realised about my thyroid last year as I got very sick. Like you I think I can change my habits to keep a healthy body.. and yes does feel very unfair sometimes. I have around same amount as you to lose now also. Would love very much if you pop back and keep updating.

@motivatedsister welcome back hope you enjoyed the holiday atleast, so sorry to hear about your home. Hopefully you get some nice weather soon and get back on the horse. I'm on week 3 of Beta at the moment so by the time your back we may be around the same week give or take a few days. If you do double up goodluck and hope all goes well. You were missed!!!

• kittehkitteh88
    kittehkitteh88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    So i celebrated finishing week 10 of T25 with a 15 mile hike on Saturday! Started at Dent station, straight up Great Knoutberry Hill (original plan had been to follow the path around the hill side but thought "sod it!" and walked u and over the top) and then under the viaducts and along river and moor land to Whernside, the highest point in Yorkshire. The week before I started T25 I did a 12 mile hike including the walk up Ingleborough and it nearly killed me, the difference in my fitness in 10 weeks is unbelievable, a dress size down, BMI down from being just off being classed as "overweight" to smack bang in the middle of "healthy" and my stamina is so much better! Starting hip hop abs tonight but am going to throw in Ript circuit and upper focus a few nights a week as my upper body strength still needs work! So pleased to see others working out and getting fitter, if you feel discouraged just remember that it really does work!
  • rkaegeecee
    rkaegeecee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So update, I woke up this morning feeling not so well. Throat is on fire with a runny nose. Ugh :( Part of me wants to do my T25 workout for today but part of me wants to rest. I'm not sure what to do.
  • supersimonesquirrel
    supersimonesquirrel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Did speed 1.0 last night. I liked this one better than alpha cardio I think - felt the burn more. Does anyone else struggle with the heisman moves? I felt like I was hopping around furiously on those moves - have seriously got to work on my coordination haha. I am doing 2 days on 1 day off as per my usual workout routine. Total body circuit on Weds :-)
  • cgibs87
    cgibs87 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Lat night was week 2 Day 1 Beta- did Dynamic Core- I think I like that one, some of the Ab stuff is kinda crazy but I def. feel it.
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Im loving Beta and I feel myself getting better at it every time. I'm nervous about Gamma but still taking it one day at a time.
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @rkaegeecee I'd suggest doing the workout if you can. It might help actually as long as it's not so bad you can't breathe.

@kittehkitteh88 well done and congratulations!! What a fab achievement.. you must be so proud of yourself. Goodluck with hip hop abs!! Onto the next chapter!

Okay so my weekly update on stats from last week. I also want to say tonight I went back to my muay thai classes first time in along time since I've been at the club, I'm a bit slow and feel behind.. lost my mojo and feel like a complete novice.. 2hrs of hell after the upper focus today punching those bags and pads for 2hrs nearly killed me!! I literally can't move.. I'm telling you all this because a month ago I definitely couldn't have managed these 2hrs!!! So I'm fairly proud of this alone.

Right so as for stats went to the gym for my weekly update and had a nice suprise for once.
    So this is from last week to this week. (End week 7)
    -0.5kg
    -1.5% body fat %
    +0.7kg muscle mass
    Metabolic Age 38
    Visceral fat 3
    BMI 24.1 -0.2
    Degree of obesity 9.6% -0.8%

Keep up the good work everyone. And yes heiseman can take a bit of getting used too. So can a few of the moves but your get it. Hang in there @supersimonesquirrel.

@enjcg5 I'm also loving Beta more so than Alpha and also nervous for the Gamma.
  • chookywillow
    chookywillow Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    hi everyone hope all is well. my husband has been in hospital with pneumonia so life been a bit chaotic here. have managed to do a workout each day, been enjoying gamma. but eating has been a bit rubbish.
    for the heisman I find thinking left right lift. right left lift helps.
    for moving punches my Eureka moment was the realisation I had to always do a full 180 turn and effectively do a jumping Jack backwards out in out - switch out in out. punching with the front arm. took me a while before that felt natural! so glad youre happier with your sats Rachel.

hope you feel better tomorrow rkae.

let us know what you think of hip hop abs. kitte looks good fun on the trailers.
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @chookywillow sending all my love and wishes your way I really hope your husband feels better soon and gets home to you. Well done keeping up with the workouts. Don't fret about the food worry and stress is worse if your worrying about other things too. Thanks for the tip on punching moving jabs that makes so much more sense now! Thanks yes much happier back in the 60kgs and going to stay there!! Xx
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hope your husband is doing better @chookywillow !

First day back doing T25...and OMG! I went ahead and went with picking up where I left off at Beta week 4. I was excited that Ript Circuit was up first, as that's probably my fave in Beta. But yikes...I was just gassed during the cardio portions. I think that was worse than when I had to do it the first time in Beta. I almost stopped and said maybe I better go back to week 3 lol, but I pushed through because I figured no matter what workout I start with I probably would die being the first day back after like a week off.

Found out I will have to take the place of a coworker at a site out of town...so I'm headed back out on Thursday. It's still raining here so didn't want to head to gym in the rain, so after a 30 minute break I did Dynamic Cardio - and it wasn't so bad. Took another 30 minute break and did Core Cardio, and just about died!

3 more workouts to go to finish up week 4, don't know if I'll be able to get them all in before I leave Thursday (I'll do 1 for sure). If I don't manage to get them all done I might repeat week 4.

I'll probably regret doing 3 workouts tomorrow, but glad to get back to it!