Focus T25 by Shaun T - Just starting. Accountability and motivation.

Options

Replies

• motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Me too @Blessed_Mommy86 ! I've have to do Speed 2.0 one more time this week and really not looking forward to it. I might swap for Core Speed since you're allowed to switch. I'm a little scared though lol, it must have been the next up after finishing a workout and it kept playing and I saw a sneak peek and it looks worse than Speed 2.0.
  • RachelRiley87
    RachelRiley87 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @Blessed_Mommy86 like said before its funny how everyone struggles with and loves different workouts! Nice that this has so much variety we don't need to dread everyday.
  • Blessed_Mommy86
    Blessed_Mommy86 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    @motivatedsister I think I like Core Speed a little more than Speed 2.0. A couple of the moves are harder (one-armed burpees :s ) but you get the jog recovery sooner.

@RachelRiley87 Exactly! I dread Speed 2.0 and Core Cardio but tomorrow is Rip't Circuit so I'm actually looking forward to it. But I have another Speed 2.0 on Friday, ugh. Maybe I'll switch it out for Core Speed.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    That's where I saw the one-armed burpees! Lol...I've got no upper body strength so I think that's what really scared me from swapping in Core Speed. Got some stuff to do today so won't make my usual gym classes, so I went ahead and finished up my week 3 Beta workouts (Dynamic Core & Speed 2.0) so I would at least have 1 hr of workout. Dynamic Core is by far my least favorite just because I lack core strength to do everything full out.

Since I'm done with week 3 maybe I'll try out Core Speed tomorrow.
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Loved the Rip't circuit! I even learned a few new moves (like the squat push up) I can use when I cant do other strength moves (think oblique/ spider push ups). One day at a time right?!
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    Erghhh today everything aches, I feel tired and demotivated for the first time in weeks. I feel like I'm trying really hard and not getting very far. I have no idea where this mood is coming from but feeling pretty useless today. Today is week5 day4 and dynamic core.. I'm dreading it my lower back and stomach aches from yesterday along with my crippled arms and shoulders (can barely stretch out my arms without feeling like they are either going to snap or fall off completley). I feel like a big lump today and looking in the mirror just feels depressing like ive not got very far! I need an attitude shape up. Finally tom cramping has stopped, I get it so bad so at least that's a step in the right direction. I did just read a motivational article which has given me the strength to get dedicated once again to just press play... but my heart isn't in it today. Maybe once I'm in my gym clothes I'll feel a little different. Here's to hoping. Afterall I should be proud I've got to week 6 and in a couple of days I'll be at week 7!
  • Enjcg5
    Options
    Erghhh today everything aches, I feel tired and demotivated for the first time in weeks. I feel like I'm trying really hard and not getting very far. I have no idea where this mood is coming from but feeling pretty useless today. Today is week5 day4 and dynamic core.. I'm dreading it my lower back and stomach aches from yesterday along with my crippled arms and shoulders (can barely stretch out my arms without feeling like they are either going to snap or fall off completley). I feel like a big lump today and looking in the mirror just feels depressing like ive not got very far! I need an attitude shape up. Finally tom cramping has stopped, I get it so bad so at least that's a step in the right direction. I did just read a motivational article which has given me the strength to get dedicated once again to just press play... but my heart isn't in it today. Maybe once I'm in my gym clothes I'll feel a little different. Here's to hoping. Afterall I should be proud I've got to week 6 and in a couple of days I'll be at week 7!

What if you just did the stretch today? Take it one day at a time. Listen to your body. And keep looking forward. Never back!
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @Enjcg5 thanks, I feel like I'm not doing anything with stretch and unfortunately it makes me mood worse I need to feel like I'm doing something more towards my goals. Though stretch sounds good right now for my soreness so not at all a bad idea maybe just swapping it all around.
  • Blessed_Mommy86
    Options
    @RachelRiley87 I felt the same way at one point. My weight wasn't really going down and neither were my measurements so I felt like I was doing it all for nothing. So I decided to stop taking measurements until I'm done with the entire program and just keep on going since it is only 25 minutes a day. Plus, remember what you said about magic happening in Beta round. You just barely started Beta so give it some more time. If you are too sore to do Dynamic Core today, do something else or use today as a rest day. Just pick up right where you left off when you feel better.
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Will do pilates today for quick results. Its a form of stretching.
  • Blessed_Mommy86
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Also, don't forget that we tend to get bloated during that lovely time of the month, which could be why you're not liking what you see in the mirror.
  • kittehkitteh88
    kittehkitteh88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

TOM... say no more! You'll feel loads better once the monthlies have finished!
  • Enjcg5
    Options
    Does anyone here have the Core Speed DVD? What do you think of it? Anyone thinking about Gamma yet?
  • ReecyCGB
    ReecyCGB Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi all, been struggling this week, just not been in the mood at all. I've been pressing play but not been putting in 100%. I weighed myself And I'm happy to say that I've lost 9lbs since starting. I'm abit more motivated now after seeing the scales. Looking forward to start week 4. I'm gonna weight until the end off alpha before taking my measurements. Hope everyone is doing well. Try to stay motivated. X
  • alx790
    alx790 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Demotivated today! Tired, worked a 50 hour week and struggling to get the motivation up to press play tonight when I get home. Argh!!
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    Thanks everyone for support feeling better today I did do the dynamic core but decided today would be a rest and weekend for my doubles. Had to travel very far today on top of everything and feel like a break!

@enjcg5 I havnt tried core speed so cannot comment but others have tried and liked it.

@real149 congrats fantastic loss! Keep at it at least your sticking to the plan even if you don't give it your all the small results will all add up.

@alx790 I know exactly how you feel I hope you manage it.. I don't know if you do the double day or split it up but would be nice to have your weekend free right! Or do a me one day off today n then do the double days over the weekend. Tough week so many hrs maybe you deserve a rest!!
  • Blessed_Mommy86
    Options
    I swapped out Speed 2.0 today for Core Speed. It's not like I remember it. I did not enjoy it one bit but that could have to do with the fact that I did it right after Dynamic Core. But Speed 2.0 and Core Speed are tied for my least favorite T25 workout.
  • Enjcg5
    Options
    Loved today's upper focus! (No doubles for me). I will do the other one tomorrow. I'm not a fan of yesterday's dynamic core.
  • chookywillow
    chookywillow Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    hi I have been dipping in to t25 for a while now. don't follow the schedule as I work shifts and I like to chop and change depending how I feel. I did lower focus today which I can only complete if I change legs throughout rather than 3 exercises on one leg then change I do 8 reps on each throughout. no chance otherwise! I do insanity twice a week and t25 the rest of the time. I like gamma and speed workouts best.
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    Still got one more of my doubles to finish up on today for the weekend, I'm looking forward to it because I think if I move my body I might have a chance of some small recovery. Upper Focus felt pretty easy doing it so I pushed really hard and didn't modify.. even inch of my upper body is aching today and strangely my lower body too (feet calf thighs butt) I think I need a recovery massage myself right now. Stretching and manipulation to any muscle group is my friend right now and some accu pressure on myself!

@blessed_mommy86 how's the workouts going for you? Are you feeling much in the workouts them self or afterwards?? It's the day after I seem to struggle especially when I wake up!

@enjcg5 I'm not a fan either although I find it better for recovery than weights.. I feel the day after any weights I'm literally immobile. How was your first week of Beta over all? Are you seeing good results?

@chookywillow wow you sound so super fit! What do you think of gamma dvds are they hard for you and more beneficial? Have you done all the dvds yet? Those leg workouts are hard core the pulsing literally paralysed me after it burned away my will to live!!