Focus T25 by Shaun T - Just starting. Accountability and motivation.

Options

Replies

• Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    So yesterday was Cardio 1.0 for me. I think I'm about the MOST uncoordinated person out there! Most of the moves I got but there was some kind of criss cross move I just couldn't get my feet to work with for Tania's modification and couldn't keep up with the rest of them so I did my own kind of chicken-like weirdo dance just to keep moving. Glad no one was around. ha-ha Total Body Circuit tonight!
  • RachelRiley87
    RachelRiley87 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    So yesterday was Cardio 1.0 for me. I think I'm about the MOST uncoordinated person out there! Most of the moves I got but there was some kind of criss cross move I just couldn't get my feet to work with for Tania's modification and couldn't keep up with the rest of them so I did my own kind of chicken-like weirdo dance just to keep moving. Glad no one was around. ha-ha Total Body Circuit tonight!

I also do this when I have no idea what I'm doing.. during the sort of side punching I can't work out how to move and punch so I sort of Bob about swinging my arms out in fists.. very good noone can see this :neutral:
  • ReecyCGB
    ReecyCGB Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @Heartlight441 I'm the same, I was tripping over myself. I have it tomorrow so gonna try my best to figure out the foot work.
  • Kayla103
    Kayla103 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @Kayla103 - we have quite great body builders gym locally.. he can do measurements capillary etc. And they have a machine you can go in and they use on you.. costs only £1.50 here to get your updates and I've decided to get them done weekly regardless of results - u can have ultrasound ones or step on scales that use pulses through muscle to see what going on :smiley: (im sure if you phone up a gym and ask one near you they will do the same). At home I was finding it hard to get info. and do it right and left it til very late in programme when i think the first 3weeks were most noticable. My weight is up and down then stable but this way I can now monitor if fat loss is happening and if I am building muscle which I hope since the scale stays static for awhile before it drops! I heard with body composition workouts like focus t25 this is the best way to assess your results aswell as inches.

Thanks for this! I will have to look by me and see if there is a way to do this.
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    When the moves get complicated (like crossword heismann) I sprint in place. When I can't do the strength stuff, I hold plank. Keep doing something right?!
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @Enjcg5 - Well done great attitude, I either sprint like you or jump a bit (do one I find hard or keeps my heart rate up - for some reason the mountain climbers do that and my arms tire haha). In total body I tend to hold plank alot too or push ups when the going gets tough or I just don't think I've got it down (the downward dog things and pulling up like a string?! I just do v push ups etc instead or modify).

I feel guilty today went in hospital been ages up there and now I'm watching TV. I think I'll double up a different day and leave today's workout.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Lol I'm not very brave @RachelRiley87. But I'm glad I got it in! My plans for the rest of the day still aren't firm, and I hate waiting around for someone else wasting time I could have been doing something! If I don't hear anything by like 530 I might just go ahead and do Thursday's workout today.
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    @Heartlight441 good luck on your first Total Body Circuit!!

Lol didn't even make it to 530...I went ahead and did Thursday's Upper Focus. They still haven't solidified a time for this meeting, so guess what I'm headed to the gym. No time to waste! I'm proud of myself, in the past I probably would have sat around and waited watching tv on the couch or something...but I have really made an effort to prioritize my workouts!

My Fitbit broke :'( , really bum about that. It's the band (Charge HR)...but unlike the Fitbit Flex I don't think you can just go purchase a new band. I purchased a warranty through Target where I bought it, but of course you have to send it in to see if they can fix it...yada yada yada. Boo! I don't wanna wait that long lol. Someone gave me a gift card and I've got a coupon for an additional 20% off...is it bad if I just go get another one?
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @motivatedsister noo haha just wait surely by now you have an idea what it's doing with stats? :smile: save that 20% off for something new and shiney that you don't already have.. maybe a workout treat for doing so well this week?
  • Blessed_Mommy86
    Blessed_Mommy86 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm curious, when you complete a workout, what do you consider nailing it versus barely making it? I feel like there should be a third option that falls somewhere in between. I consider nailing it to be not having any or very minimal breaks and not modifying at all. Going by this standard, I rarely "nail it". But at the same time, I'm not barely making it either. I know it doesn't really matter which box you check but it just bothers me because neither box applies to me.
  • Heartlight441
    Options
    Agreed! Nailed it to me means it was a piece of cake. Barely made it means just that, it was so hard you almost quit. I need a 'Freakin tough but I did it!' box.
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    Hmm never thought about that I put nail it as when I don't modify at all and if I modify I barely make it, that way I can now see what I can fully complete then just work on getting it faster without dying! Some moves I now only half modify but one day I hope to nail them all. I think it's personal preference but it helps me know what I need to work on and continue to do after the programme is finished. (pretty much a round 2 and 3 and 4.... haha)
  • Heartlight441
    Options
    Ugh! Up a lb. on the scale and that's on top of the 0.7 lb water weight I've been waiting to whoosh off. Did any of you gain a little in the beginning? I'm hoping it is this. I'm not particularly sore anywhere. And my diet is almost the same thing each day; I weight everything that passes my mouth etc...
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @Heartlight441 - I stayed the same and fluctuated up by 1-2kg and down constantly.. week 3-4 and finally little constant losses and stable weight between.. but I am losing fat % and gaining muscle.. at around the same weight .. well now a little more fat than muscle last 2weeks hence finally the number decreasing.. keep at it! X
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    Lol I'm gonna be good and wait and see how long the warranty takes. But if I haven't gotten a new one by the time I head out for vacation, I'll probably get a new one. Even though I'm not planning on working out over vacation, would at least like to monitor steps and calories burned so I can kinda keep myself in check with the food. Not planning on strictly logging food either...but I don't wanna go completely off the rails!

I didn't print out the calendar, but I set up appointments on my outlook calendar and I'll make a note whether I barely made it or nailed it. I'll also make note of like didn't modify any moves but had to pause to catch breath, or I really struggled today, etc. because I agree sometimes I need a box in the middle.
  • kittehkitteh88
    kittehkitteh88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    What are people planning to do post t25? I've borrowed Hip Hop Abs from a friend to try once i'm finished
  • Heartlight441
    Options
    A long way to go for me... but I have Body Beast on my eye!
  • Blessed_Mommy86
    Blessed_Mommy86 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do a round of Gamma once I complete Beta and after that I would like to do Hammer and Chisel.
  • Heartlight441
    Options
    Nice! I bought Gamma too. :) Then something new into my rotation. Hammer and Chisel looks interesting too!
  • ReecyCGB
    ReecyCGB Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna try Cize, it's only a month long and looks really fun. So far I've lost 4lbs and it's only week 2, been weighing everything I eat and eat what I want as long as I'm below 1800 calories a day.