Focus T25 by Shaun T - Just starting. Accountability and motivation.

Options

Replies

• cgibs87
    cgibs87 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    has anyone done the T25 stretch dvd? I am wondering if it is helpful, I do a lot of stretching on my own but I am thinking maybe it will be worth a try?
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    cgibs87 wrote: »
    has anyone done the T25 stretch dvd? I am wondering if it is helpful, I do a lot of stretching on my own but I am thinking maybe it will be worth a try?

Look forward to an answer on this... or if yoga would be better?
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I did the stretch dvd last time after week 2. It was a god send because I was so sore. I'm a big guy and yoga isn't for me, but that stretching video was a nice break.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I haven't done the stretch video once since I've been doing T25. I always say I'm going to, but am too lazy on Sunday lol. I probably need to, I try to get a massage once a month and the therapist always nags me that I need to stretch!

When I first started I was good about at least doing the stretches at the end of the workout, but I've been lax about that too now. I do Pilates and yoga maybe once a week though...need to be better!
  • RachelRiley87
    RachelRiley87 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @Heartlight441 - I prefer not to know then I learn as I go and time feels faster when my body is breaking but for some people it probably is really nice to be fully prepared! It's personal choice I think.

@cgibs87 - I don't do the stretch dvd I use sunday as a recovery day regardless of if I split up the double day or not.. I like a full day off to rest and recover I will probably add it sometime if I really feel I need to.. as @50extra said if your really sore this could be the remedy.. I'm always telling clients to stretch out when they are in for sports massage people often neglect it. However I find the cool down does wonders and my after exercise whey shake has helped even more so I don't need the extra stretching. If you want to become more flexible maybe add it in or follow programme to a t.. I just don't feel it's necessary and the one time I did try it first week I found it pointless and didn't help .. I felt no different however I was not sore in the first week just a slight bit on shoulders and arms.
  • ReecyCGB
    ReecyCGB Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just finished ab interval, I don't like it but I don't like any ab workout. I always get a pain in the neck during and after. @RachelRiley87 There's really not alot off modifiers, I kept on watching Tanya feeling disappointed, lol. But we will get better.
  • sarochka85
    sarochka85 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    When lifting legs off the floor, it's really important to flex your abs first and focus on lifting from there. It's really easy to start arching your back instead, which is a no-no as it puts horrible stress on it. If your core is engaged and your legs are shaking and your back isn't arching, then yes, your abs are definitely working! :)
  • 50extra
    Options
    So I just finished Speed 1.0 and am extremely happy with my efforts. I make it to the 17 minute mark without stopping or modifying but had to stop quite regularly after that even doing the moves slower. Regardless it felt much better tonight then last night.

Time to hop on the bike and burn off the rest of my chili.
  • Blessed_Mommy86
    Blessed_Mommy86 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! How is your STATurday going? Mine started out on a high note. I lost 3 pounds this week! Idk if it's because I started Beta, I tried to drink a lot of water, or what but whatever it is, I'll take it! I've been losing very slowly since starting T25 but I figured I was gaining muscle. I kind of changed my mind set about not focusing so much on the scale but seeing that big (for me) loss was really encouraging. Only 5-10 pounds from my goal weight (shooting for a range of 150-155 lb, I'm 5'10").
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Surprise date night last night, so no workout yesterday. I was a little bum about missing workouts, but with our schedules the chances of us going out on a Friday night like normal people rarely happens so of course I didn't turn that down. Luckily he told me early enough during the day that I was able to eat a super light lunch so that I could enjoy dinner without worrying about going over calories.

So did my usual BodyPump class this AM, and I just finished up Upper Focus and Core Cardio that I missed yesterday. I have no upper body strength so was looking forward to finally working on that in T25, but I need heavier weights it was way too easy. I used the heaviest I have at home, 5 lbs, and that just wasn't enough.

Struggled through Core Cardio despite the first time doing it on Monday being able to do all the moves. I almost quit...I was dying!

3 lbs is awesome @Blessed_Mommy86 , WTG!
  • RachelRiley87
    RachelRiley87 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I will read all your comments and catch up with everyone soon. After I got back in from work on sat. I was with my mum she got rushed into hospital. The next 24/48hrs are critical. She has a very bad infection and they are not sure the source (it's now septicaemia). Lots of tests. I was in hospital all day yesterday and intend on being in hospital all day today. My mum has M.S. and im her next of kin and only one here. Diet went out of window yesterday pretty much and didn't manage my double up. Keep up the great work everyone I will be about. X
  • Heartlight441
    Options
    Oh Rachel, sorry to read this. Sending lots of prayers! xx
  • cgibs87
    Options
    Thinking of you @RachelRiley87
  • cgibs87
    Options
    Thinking of you @RachelRiley87
  • kittehkitteh88
    kittehkitteh88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    @RachelRiley87 sending my best wishes for her swift recovery xx
  • Heartlight441
    Options
    Question - Curious to know how much space is needed for this program. I'm still trying to decide where in my house I'll do this workout. I'm concerned in doing it in the living room because it's above my daughter's bedroom (thinking it will be too noisy with me jumping around - we just have laminate flooring). I could use an upstairs bedroom (also laminate) or have a small unfinished space in the basement. My only concern there is it's concrete so not the best as no cushion whatsoever.

Tonight will be my first go at this!!
    Thanks!
  • 50extra
    Options
    Heartlight, you don't need much space at all and the concrete floor is no worry. I prefer to do it on concrete in my basement but when I am here at work I do it on a rug in my apartment bedroom. You will 100% need a yoga mat for the ab circuit and maybe the stretching one(stretches you can do quietly anywhere) other than that you will want to be downstairs.

I do T25 in a space that is around 6' wide and 10' long, there is a wardrobe on one side of me, my bed on the other, a dresser in front of me and a wall behind me. There is a bit of an issue with the heisman crosses in Speed 1.0 and a couple other moves that require you to go side to side but by taking small steps its fine. I will post a video that I took on Friday night after my workout, I am standing in the area that I workout in, it gives you an idea of just how small the area that you are working out in can be.
  • 50extra
    edited May 2016
    Options
    So as you can see the space is very small and I get a great workout in every time. Now that I think about it, it's more like 6' wide 8' long because when I do burpees I really have to watch how close I am when jumping down.

The carpet makes moves like lateral crosses and jack feet hard so move to your basement if possible. I just watch my laptop that sits on a dresser while in I'm Russia.
  • 50extra
    Options
    hmmm the photos wont post from my phone. So I have this old photo, still kind of shows how big the area is that i work out in. bnh5p4n08b6g.jpg
  • Heartlight441
    Options
    @50extra Thank you SO much for your help!! I will definitely move it to the basement then as I can jump and stomp with no worries of causing noise to others. And I too use the DVDs off my laptop! I'd like to get some sort of speakers I can attach to it for better sound but it'll do just fine for now! And I bought the T25 deluxe version *incl gamma, gulp!!* so it came with a mat for floor work and I even have a few yoga mats so I should be set!

Can't wait to start tonight!! :) Took my measurements/weight this am and will take my starting photos too!

Hope you don't mind me saying but looking good! Wow