Focus T25 by Shaun T - Just starting. Accountability and motivation.

Options

Replies

• RachelRiley87
    RachelRiley87 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @cgibs87 - why don't you try whey protein instead like me, apparently I've heard it's really the same and you can get really decent cheap stuff online these days with vouchers on sporting sites etc. It will give your metabolism a boost for sure. Just read the article I posted a link above. It sort of explains it alot and has worked for my friends at the gym.

@khelm80 - Thanks for the info. It may be something I look into after I finish up these as maybe my goals will change slightl once j lose weight again, although I'm not looking to get too much muscle I just don't feel it looks good on some women and I think I'd be one of those (I'm not talking bulking just lean muscle in general or really low bfp). I just want a very slim lean look not to cut and keeping my curves (asking alot I know). That's why I've avoided p90x etc. When buying programmes and what I'm willing to invest my time in because of how physical my work can be. Those are majnly not the type of results I'm after personally after doing much research.
  • khelm80
    khelm80 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I understand Rachel @cgibs87 . If you do the math, it's about $3-$4/day which you are probably spending close to on your morning breakfast and/or coffee already if you think about it. @RachelRiley87 --- You would be surprised. As long as you are doing reps and not a lot of heavy lifting how tone weight training can get you and how many calories it burns for you. 21 DF Extreme is also a really good program.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm officially done with Alpha...I just did Total Body Circuit. I'm glad I waited until I could do it downstairs, really felt like I nailed it!

Here are my results from Alpha:

Weight: -4 lbs
    Neck: -.45 in
    Waist: -0.5 in
    Hips: -1 in
    Underboob: - 1 in
    Knee: -0.5 in
    Thigh: -1 in
    Arm: -0.1 in
    Chest: -0.75 in
    Calf: -.7 in

I really struggled with making good food choices at times, so I'm not surprised by the low weight loss. Based on how I ate, I'm happy with the results.

I did my first Beta workout as well - Core Cardio. Definitely intense and kicked my butt, but at the same time I didn't have to modify any of the moves! There were a few times I had to walk/run in place, but for the most part I was able to keep up with the DVD

@RachelRiley87 I already do a smoothie for breakfast pretty consistently, if not that then I'll do a high protein breakfast an egg and turkey bacon, and then a light protein shake as snack a few hours later. I need to be better at lunch! Hoping to either do salad or another smoothie at least up until vacation. Dinner I need to get back to actually cooking rather than picking up something...probably chicken & veggies.

And I need to stop with the soda!!! I was good for so long, and then got back on it. So I'm hoping to kick that again at least until vacation!
  • argieach
    argieach Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just happened upon your thread trying to find out how many calories you burn with each T25 workout, because I just completed my first Cardio workout! It totally kicked my butt, but hopefully next week will be easier.

It sounds like there are some other people who just started or are about to; I think I'll keep following this thread to hear how others are doing-- I definitely need the motivation. I'm hoping to stick with this program through to the end, but I know I'll have some hurdles with work travel and summer activities. So please send encouraging and positive thoughts my way! And congrats to all who have been so successful with this so far, that gives me hope.
  • cgibs87
    cgibs87 Posts: 36 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @motivatedsister congrats on finishing alpha! I used to drink a lot of soda, I love my Pepsi with ice, because I knew I needed to cut back I stopped buying it. Very rarely do I ever have any in the house. It was hard at 1st but you get used to it. Now on the the rare occasion I eat out I will order a soda as a treat haha

Welcome @argieach today I started week 2 of T25 so you are not gar behind!
  • AnniePenny
    AnniePenny Posts: 62 Member
    Options

@AnniePenny - Welcome to the thread! Glad your enjoying it so far, I havnt changed anything except soda and I've lost weight and alot of inches. I am dialing in on nutrition for the next two weeks and hoping to take that into Beta.. although for me it looks as though I'm doing just fine without it. I think your ideas are fab ans i dont do desserts i do fruit anyway so you probably will get more results then me as i still eat alot of carbs like potatoes and pasta (although i eat vrown rice and pasta as i prefer it). It is so true that it's way more manageable to do in the time what ever time in day you do it it's over so fast. I think your get alot out of these dvds after doing pilates alot of core strength is needed to manage alot of the ab intervals and I just don't have it... yet! I also go red in the face mainly my nose ... and the sweat damn it's even on my ears and scalp how gross I know but I figure it's my fat crying! Do you have much to lose or doing it for fitness? Don't forget to take measurements everywhere I swear down its my biggest regret especially near knees and shoulder blades which I thought where skinny enough apparently not now there all boney haha.

Hey everyone! Just finished the abs interval workout :) I do have strong abs under that belly fat hahah it was really sweaty but really good. I didn't have to modify any of the exercises (thanks pilates!) and I feel very happy I worked out. Sweat yes! everywhere lol I end up looking completely gross but oh well. I'm a dancer but I'm not dancing much this semester and I have a desk job. I got to my ideal weight a couple years ago doing a combination of dance things and insanity on the off dance days (and using mfp to a tee). Fast forward a couple years, 1 relationship broken, a bit of sadness and all that jazz, emotional eating, and getting a bit lazy.. And I have to do it all over again LOL. I've been stuck trying to lose about 15/20lbs for about a year or so because I haven't been consistent with either nutrition or exercise for that matter. Ever since the beginning of the year I've just had it and I'm determined to not only lose weight but more importantly love my reflection back. Regardless of weight, I just want to be more fit, active and confident. Hopefully this will help :)
  • AnniePenny
    AnniePenny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    argieach wrote: »
    Hello! I just happened upon your thread trying to find out how many calories you burn with each T25 workout, because I just completed my first Cardio workout! It totally kicked my butt, but hopefully next week will be easier.

It sounds like there are some other people who just started or are about to; I think I'll keep following this thread to hear how others are doing-- I definitely need the motivation. I'm hoping to stick with this program through to the end, but I know I'll have some hurdles with work travel and summer activities. So please send encouraging and positive thoughts my way! And congrats to all who have been so successful with this so far, that gives me hope.

Hey! I was googling the same thing myself earlier and came across this: t25calories.com dunno exactly how accurate it can be, probably not that much but I guess it could give you an estimate? Hope it helps!
  • Blessed_Mommy86
    Blessed_Mommy86 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just started the Beta phase today! I posted my Alpha before/after pictures on my own thread a little while ago. You can see them here. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10383315/5-week-t25-results-do-you-notice-any-change#latest

I'm not super happy with the results but I'm going to stick with the program. I plan on doing Gamma too. My husband and I are going on a beach vacation in July so that's my motivation. I want to look and feel good in a bikini. Not quite there yet but hoping the Beta and Gamma phases will get me there!
  • kittehkitteh88
    kittehkitteh88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am meant to be on week 8 but stopped at my mums whilst my partner was working away last week and forgot to take my weights with me - doh! So swapped the upper focus and rip't circuit days for speed 2 as I LOVE speed 2. Decided to re-do week 7 this week rather than moving onto 8, figured an extra week wont hurt and means my upper body will get the work outs missed (which it badly needs - i have no upper body strength!)
  • Hallie82
    Hallie82 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    AnniePenny wrote: »
    argieach wrote: »

Hey! I was googling the same thing myself earlier and came across this: t25calories.com dunno exactly how accurate it can be, probably not that much but I guess it could give you an estimate? Hope it helps!

I've been wearing a Fitbit for all of the 2 weeks I have completed and notice I burn an average of 240 on all of them except abs. That one I burn less but I also don't myself push too hard on that one because I'm an ab weenie.
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @motivatedsister - Wow congrats on results and finishing alpha, alot of inches and an lb a week I think that's pretty damn good!! Sounds like your food choices are alot better than mine already and just improving. I know I'm the same with soda.. I buy one and then that's it I love the taste so much I ruin weeks of hard work. I try to just treat myself to it while I'm out that way I can't drink a 2.5ltr bottle a night by myself.. yes that's how bad I am! So far so good I bought a small can of diet coke in week I hated it but it stops me from getting the real stuff in.

@argieach - Well done completing your first cardio I still find that to be one of the toughest workouts so far. Alot of people are just a week ahead of you or couple of days so feel free to keep updating us and discuss anything with them.. we all need support. I'm sending positive thoughts your way the holidays will be rough for alot of us but I'm sure the idea of being comfortable in our bikinis out weighs alot of it!

@AnniePenny - Your story is so similar to mine in the way you tackle nutrition and exercise and how you have achieved and lost results and under similar experience to me. We also have around the same weight loss we want to achieve. We will get there. I'm on week 4 and my fitness and energy levels have already improved, my body shape is changing but still not as much weight loss as I would have liked but we can't have it all. Your so lucky you have core strength and can do the ab intervals, I get discouraged I'm pretty sure it's my lower back that is weighing my core strength down.. anytime I lie on my back there is such an arch on lower back it aches to do the workouts and stops me performing reps even if I otherwise could of. Similar for the planks etc it's my arms that are weak and shoulders. Look forward to your updates.

@Blessed_Mommy86 - Fantastic congrats on getting onto beta phase I heard magic happens there and by July I'm sure your be really confident in a bikini, nice to see your be doing gamma too would love to hear all about that one. Your pictures and results are brilliant you can see arm definition and the back wow there's a huge difference and chest too. You can start to see some definition in your upper abs bust area so I'm sure soon the rest is going to catch up! Hope my results are similar by end of alpha. Goodluck with Beta keep us updated. A few have started Beta this week now.

@kittehkitteh88 - Wow progress fantastic stuck it out 8weeks and repeating a week, well done you!! That is motivational. I think I will definitely want to repeat upper body strength just because. At least you kept active while away and are enjoying some of them that gives me hope.. what size weights do you use? I need to purchase some and I have no upper body strength too and very little core strength so I'll probably start on a similar weight as you?! How have your results been like so far?
  • kittehkitteh88
    kittehkitteh88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I use these...

http://www.sportsdirect.com/usa-pro-hand-weight-761987?colcode=76198799

They are cheap enough to buy the heavier ones for later on but at the moment 2kg in each hand is enough for my tiny muscles!

My thighs and bum are in better shape (all those squats!) My hip bones are back and I'm not bloating any more since i started exercising every day, borrowed Hip Hop Abs from a friend to try after T-25 although i think i'm going to throw in an upper body work out a few days a week as i'd like to build strength there!

How are your results? I love Speed 2 and are enjoying the others more as my fitness improves! I hated lower focus though and got through the last week by thinking "no more lower focus after this!"
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    Thanks Rachel! I've heard magic happens in Beta too lol, hoping some of it comes my way.

I'm a little sore today, not enough where it literally hurts to move...but just enough where I know I got in a good workout yesterday. After doing T25 yesterday, I headed to the gym and did BodyPump and Zumba.

I did good on calories yesterday, only ate a little over 1200 even though I earned nearly 1400 exercise calories. I'm really going to try to stay near 1200 this week and not eat back exercise calories unless I really really need to.

Looking forward to seeing what the next Beta workout brings later today!
  • Kayla103
    Kayla103 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Loving this thread!

I usually stick within 1,200 to 1,400 calories a day. And usually one "cheat day" a week.

I really should search for my measuring tape so that I can get the inches lost. There has definitely been inches lost over pounds in my case. I do feel like if I DON'T work out (particularly Saturday and Sunday) I feel like a blob. So, I did an Ab Intervals on Sunday cause I couldn't stand not doing anything.

Total Body Circuit today...I'll try not to die on the floor so no on has to trip over me, haha!
  • Blessed_Mommy86
    Options
    I did Speed 2.0 for the first time today. It was brutal! Speed 1.0 was probably my favorite workout in Alpha because it incorporated stretching so you got a little break. Let me warn you, there are no breaks in 2.0! I felt like I was going to throw up. Maybe that was because I didn't wait long enough after eating breakfast but either way, I did not enjoy Speed 2.0.
  • Blessed_Mommy86
    Options
    @motivatedsister I'm interested to hear what you thought about Speed 2.0!
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    Just did Speed 2.0 OMG!!! It's way worse than Speed 1.0, and worse than Core Cardio that I did yesterday. It was just non-stop! And yea I know all of the workouts are pretty much non-stop with the exception of the stretch breaks in Speed 1.0, but I at least feel like in other workouts it's maybe like a high-impact move followed by a more low-impact if that makes sense. But this was just non-stop high-impact!

The moves themselves are not hard so I didn't have to modify, but I just had to pause to catch my breath several times.

I've got meetings and stuff later on this week, so I'm anticipating missing a day so I went ahead and did Beta - Ript Circuit today as well. First time having to use weights! I used 5 lbs and that was no problem. This wasn't bad since it was more of cardio move, followed by strength, then abs type flow. I didn't have to modify except for one move....can we say WTF to Air Plank Jumps-1 Leg Burpee!! Lol nope, not two separate moves....one big one! I literally did this right after Speed 2.0, and I honestly felt a little light-headed trying to do this so I just modified with Tania.

So far I'll say this about Beta, it ironically feels easier than Alpha...but I'm definitely burning more calories per my Fitbit. It just seems like to me Alpha was really meant to boost your endurance, and now that I'm in Beta I'm able to really execute & endure the moves at a higher intensity.

@Blessed_Mommy86 Per the Beta calendar it says if you have the Core Speed workout you can replace it anytime for Speed 2.0, do you have that one? I might try it the next time Speed 2.0 is on the calendar and decide which one I like better!
  • Blessed_Mommy86
    Options

@Blessed_Mommy86 Per the Beta calendar it says if you have the Core Speed workout you can replace it anytime for Speed 2.0, do you have that one? I might try it the next time Speed 2.0 is on the calendar and decide which one I like better!

I have Core Speed and have done it twice before and it was hard, but not too bad. Except one-armed burpees... Eff those. I'm going to stick with Speed 2.0 for at least the next time it's on the calendar and go from there. Maybe I'll switch the 2 workouts out every other time.

I'm like you... I didn't really have to modify any moves, I just needed to take a breather every once in a while. We'll get better as the days go by and we build up our endurance.
  • argieach
    argieach Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @AnniePenny, thanks, that's the calculator I found. I also wore a heart rate monitor for today's 2nd workout, which gave me a calorie count, so i think I'll do that from now on. Today's Speed 1.0 clocked in at 297.
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @kittehkitteh88 - Thanks I'm going to start with 2lbs too. There's alot of good stuff on that website to look at getting now I've lost inches. Let me know if you do the hip hop abs I've heard about that and cize now and I'm now a fan of Shawn T so I will probably collect all his dvds slowly. I will be chucking in core and upper focus into anything I think as it's where I need the most work. Like you I'm also seeing just about but definitely feeling my hip bones.. as well as others. My body is changing more than weight and I feel fitter I'm trying to stay at 1200cals on ocassionally eat back workout calories.

@Kayla103 - I have total body circuit alot this week it seems to be getting better as I master moves although I still modify. Sundays are sacred to me unless I have to catch up on a workout.. but we'll done for deciding you want to for another workout in your braver than me. I'm using same calories as you not that I'd say it's the most effective way in losing scale weight but so far in inch loss it's fab so definitely get that tape measure out.

@Blessed_Mommy86 and @motivatedsister your experience with Beta so far is making me nervous, I modify alot of alpha my endurance is surely the problem. I'm wondering if I could redo Alpha? Speed is my favorite workout so far and I thought it may have been in month 2 now I'm not so sure