Focus T25 by Shaun T - Just starting. Accountability and motivation.

Options

Replies

• Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm actually quite bummed... I've decided to put this and my C25K jogging on hold until I get a check up. I feel fantastic but my resting heart rate is REALLY low... 42 now and I just want to make sure everything is okay with me before I continue to give my all to this intensive program. In the meantime, I'm going to do longer walks but not intensive, and some weight training. I think that wouldn't be too strenuous. I feel fine so trying not to worry. I'm certainly not an "athlete" though who can get to this rate so best to be sure.

• RachelRiley87
    RachelRiley87 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @Heartlight441 - better safe than sorry, I hope you get all the answers you need to continue. I'm interested to know my heart rate when my monitor finally arrives.

@kittehkitteh88 I'm pretty far from being done but purchased gamma to add on now and will do that I like the 25mins a day. Just wish I could lose weight faster. My problem is I store all my fat on stomach hips bum and upper arms the rest of me looks really slim small head.. big clavicle and cheekbones etc. People don't realise how big a clothes size I wear or how unhealthy I am. Can't wait for my 4monyhly hospital check when I've lost some weight and gained health!

How much did cize cost you @Real149 I'm really interested in this as seen a few comments on it. A month seems doable to me too. Have you seen how long the workouts are and If they look hard? I'm hoping my fitness will improve and by the time I finish beta I should have a check up with my haematologist and get the go ahead to do this too :smiley:
  • Blessed_Mommy86
    Blessed_Mommy86 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    @Heartlight441 My heart rate is really low too. Right about the same as yours. Maybe I should go to the doctor too. I just figured my heart is really healthy like an athlete's. Haha.
  • Heartlight441
    Options
    Omg well I don't feel so bad then ... NO one I know has as low as me!! And it's been steadily declining as I continue to exercise, eat clean and lose weight. Still going to make sure so I can then gove fullest intensity but I do feel not as freaked out now!!
  • ReecyCGB
    ReecyCGB Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @RachelRiley87 I got mine from Amazon, it was £67, I treated myself. The workouts are between 30-50 minutes. On Sunday I did the first workout 'Crazy 8s' just to see what it was like. I thought it was gonna be a walk in the park, I was sweating and my heart was pounding after 10 minutes. Shaun T does everything step by step, so easy to get your head around. It was fun and can't wait to start the program.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I've got Gamma so I'll do that, and then I don't know. I do have Insanity (did it before...but didn't finish back when I was small lol), but I don't now if I have time to do that long of a workout at home without giving up some of my classes at the gym. I'd probably have to go strictly Insanity if I want to do that one.

I see people getting awesome results with 30 day shred, but back when I used to do it I remember getting bored with it since it's literally the same workout 10 times in a row. I think that's a plus of T25 that at least the workouts change daily, so I haven't gotten bored yet.

I might try to go back to trying to complete c25K and/or start a heavy lifting program. I do BodyPump at the gym, which is relatively light weight at high repetition...and would love to get stronger!

What's Hammer & Chisel?

On the workout front...I did Friday's double duty today so that I can run errands tomorrow after work. Beta Week 2, done!
  • Blessed_Mommy86
    Options
    Hammer and Chisel is another Beachbody program. It incorporates more weightlifting moves, which I like. I believe there's cardio as well.

@Heartlight441 You got me all worried about my low heart rate so I asked my friend who is an RN and she said as long as I'm not getting light-headed, dizzy, fainting, etc. then it's fine (and a good thing!).
  • Heartlight441
    Options
    @Blessed_Mommy86 Oh thanks for asking as useful for me too!! Still going to check with my doctor first but then I'll resume this all!!
  • Blessed_Mommy86
    Options
    I'm curious to hear what your doctor says too. Maybe I'll schedule an appointment to be on the safe side.
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @Real149 awesome I think I will make a purchase too, my last buys were argos and so expensive so amazon probably be half the cost! How did you find going from 25minutes to 50?

I'm not sure if I'm ready for 50minutes of working out yet but if it's fun I might be able to cope better mentally. Really good to see you tried one and loved it, I think it's great how after only 10minutes your feeling the benefits! I heard turbo fire by beachbody is fantastic too and alot of her workouts are only 15 20 and 25-30minutes long have you tried any of those? Heard it's sort of dance style too but never tried anything like it. Don't know if it's worth to buy just for the shorter workouts so I can stick them into my routine now.
  • ReecyCGB
    ReecyCGB Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @RachelRiley87 The one that I did was only 30 minutes, it goes up in time each week the last one is 50 minutes. I do my workout when my son is having his nap so time is everything. I've heard amazing things about turbo fire and turbo jam. I tried PIYO but got bored after 2 weeks, not really into yoga or pilates. I think I'll try it again after Cize.
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @Real149 my friends doing piyo and he said he got bored with it too, he offered to lend me it (thanks I think.. was my answer haha). That's not too bad then of you work upto harder goals I think I'll start that with you after I finish up.

Anyone on Beta can give me an idea if more or less calories are burned than alpha? I start Monday I'm very nervous but also I've just been using 25mins cardio intervals on mfp to count into my hrm arrives. Thanks in advance xx
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    So threads a little quiet I hope your all doing okay.

Today's the end of week 5 Alpha for me I still need to try and fit in lower focus if I can. It's a great end to the week as my Mum will be back home from hospital tomorrow too!

I just had a look through Beta dvds quickly as to see what I'm in for.. skipping most of them and having a look which ones weights were needed for. I'm going to use 2.5lbs in each hand to start and see how I go.. I have a set of 3 different weights so if I need more I can progress but after looking at the exercises that is doubtful.. looks rather dance like too which could be fun but with my two left feet I bet it will be a disaster ( I usually modify when it gets like this and even can't follow tania so I usually bounce about and make up my own very similar moves). I will do a weigh in Tuesday and measurements to keep you all updated.

Beta here I come...!!
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I've been stagnet this week. Back at it! But I had a question. Does anyone do any additional strength training with T25?
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @Enjcg5 I've not been as I'm fairly unfit and really no muscle so the routines themselves have been giving me muscle gains and body fat loss. I'm sure a few fellow map's are combining 3 lifting days in there weeks. Beta looks like it's fairly balanced so I'll continue doing the programme as it's laid out for now.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear your mom will be getting out of the hospital Rachel!

@Enjcg5 since there are no weights in Alpha, and the weights I'm using in Beta are light...I still do BodyPump 3 days a week at the gym to get in my weight training.

I did all my T25 on schedule this week, so no make up workouts or anything. It felt weird not doing it this weekend lol, I almost went ahead and did Monday's workout.

Those jeans I mentioned last week I think where I needed a 10 and they didn't have it...well stumbled upon another store and they didn't have a 10 either :( but they had an 8. Figured I would try it on just to see how far away I was...surprise surprise they fit!! I can fit an 8. Lol I wouldn't dare try an 8 in another brand, but it felt good nonetheless.

My mini goal has been to be a size 10 by my vacation next week, and I'm probably still more like a solid 12 at this point I am proud that I can say I have a size 10 pair of jeans from Express and a size 8 pair from the Limited that I will be taking with me on my trip!

I only lost 2 lbs this week, so not enough to think it would effect what size I wear. I didn't get a chance to take measurements, but I must be losing inches!

On to week 3 of Beta, keep it up everyone!
  • alx790
    alx790 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey, just found this thread!! I really need some motivation! I did t25 all the way through but u have stopped over the last couple of months - just lost that motivation to press play. Starting again today - gonna do alpha for three weeks then up straight to beta! Gotta make myself push that button!!
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @motivatedsister- Thankyou really excited she gets home late afternoon before I leave to work we are both very excited! Congratulations on your progress it's fantastic to hear and gives me so much motivation to stick this out. Being half way through now I have a new boost of energy hit me this morning. I do intend on doing gamma but may redo Alpha and beta first. Must be excited for your vacation so proud you reached your set goal! 2lbs is brilliant can't wait to hear all about your inches when you log that in! X

@alx790 - Hi and welcome, well done for doing one round all the way through already! Did you purchase Gamma and do that one too? 3weeks then doing Beta sounds perfect to get you moving again.. I think it's smart taking a few months break anything that helps you manage to push play again too much of anything can get tedious. Anytime your struggling if anything is going on in your life that's what we're all here to support you with. Everyone helped kept me on the straight and narrow after a tough week last week. I even had a cheat day fri/sat and had a few drinks for the first time in months sometimes you just need to! Keep us updated weekly and again welcome to the thread.
  • kittehkitteh88
    kittehkitteh88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    @RachelRiley87 so pleased to hear about your mum!

I start week 9 today and I've lost the last stubborn half stone to be the lowest weight I've been in years ^_^ 1 lb left to lose and i'll be at my target weigh of 10 stone! I first started T-25 2 years ago when i reached my highest weight of 11.5 stones but I've never finished the total program (until now, there is no way i am stopping with the end in sight!)
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @kittehkitteh88 - Thankyou. Wow that is incredible you must be so proud of yourself for finally completing the whole programme and being able to say you did it all!! That is progress at its finest!! Week 9 that's just incredible I really hope I manage to push myself through like you have done, I'm just excited to be able to say I'm onto beta and week 6 so that's a month and a half of dedication, this post has kept me pushing through when I've wanted to give up. I'm exactly at where you started pretty much and want to get to where you are. I'm ideal healthy weight is set at 63kg Inc muscle gains so I've a fair way to go yet but you have given me hope and inspiration with your post today. Well done you! Xx