TOM and weightloss

Options
2»

Replies

• lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I gain at ovulation, and only lose a "chunk" of weight the day before I start, every month. So basically for 3 weeks the scale shows no losses and even reflects a gain.. smh.
    Go figure. B)
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    lisaisso wrote: »
    I gain at ovulation, and only lose a "chunk" of weight the day before I start, every month. So basically for 3 weeks the scale shows no losses and even reflects a gain.. smh.
    Go figure. B)

Yeah I gain during my first week of active pills and stay up until menses starts.
  • ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I am on the nexplanon and this is what happened for me this last month. I've been losing 2 lbs a month but from the week before my period to the week of I dropped 4 lbs. Idk if that's the norm for me but I guess I'll see. I definitely felt like I retained water the week prior to my period though
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I gain a couple days before, then it slowly goes down. I'm sure all the sodium I stuff myself with in those days leading up to it don't do much favors either...
  • sfa90
    sfa90 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I only gain 2 days before a few pounds and around day 4 of my period I've lost again that extra weight.
  • idabest777
    idabest777 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm also on the pill and I never really gain, but for the last 2-3 weeks of the active pills i've found that my weight loss reeeaaally slows (i'm usually only set to 0.5 or 1 lb/week anyways so it's already decently slow). And then after my period I drop about 3 pounds and start losing like normal again.